We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
cleaning enhanced salvia..for better experiance.. Options

starway7
#21 Posted : 7/15/2020 5:33:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I found out washing too many times will wash out too much of the actives...!

The first time ... [using alcohol]...i washed the ENhanced salvia...was trying to remove the actives and store as a tincture....but it didnt work the way i planned ...becaus i only washed it twice and the remaining leaf material was olive green and after drying it...it was cleaner ..but the leafe it still was quite active and it was a more cleaner and melower smoke..

this recent attempt to wash 3/..1/2 year old salvia didnt work at all... it just destroyed it ..or it went weak over time?

I want to get cuttings and just grow my own in the window...

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

starway7
#22 Posted : 7/15/2020 5:40:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I found out washing too many times will wash out too much of the actives...!

The first time ... [using alcohol]...i washed the ENhanced salvia...was trying to remove the actives and store as a tincture....but it didnt work the way i planned ...becaus i only washed it twice and the remaining leaf material was olive green and after drying it...it was cleaner ..but the leafe it still was quite active and it was a more cleaner and melower smoke..

this recent attempt to wash 3/..1/2 year old salvia didnt work at all... it just destroyed it ..or it went weak over time?

I want to get cuttings and just grow my own in the window...

salvorian A is a little delecate...and UV light can ruin it...

BecometheOther
#23 Posted : 7/15/2020 6:08:21 PM

metamorhpasizer

Loveall wrote:
BecometheOther wrote:
Am i missing something here? The original post seems like a very bad idea because the actives you want are soluable in the grain alchohol you are washing the leaves with, so that "dirty green alchohol" you are tossing contains your actives...?!

If you want a more mellow ride and easier smoke, just smoke plain leaf lol!

It is my understanding that the OP wants to increase the ratio of Salvinorin to plant stuff. Plain leaf would not necessarily do that, only decrease the content of both and it seems ot would push the ratio in the wrong direction.

To change the ratio we have discussed known (proven) and new (unproven) avenues. Make sense?

No, it makes no sense at all since he is stripping away salvinorin A from his plant material with the washes, and then tossing it out, thereby reducing the ratio of activeRazzlant material.

LOL
You have never been apart from me. You can never depart and never return, for we are continuous, indistinguishable. We are eternal forever

Loveall
#24 Posted : 7/15/2020 7:51:44 PM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

BecometheOther wrote:
Loveall wrote:
BecometheOther wrote:
Am i missing something here? The original post seems like a very bad idea because the actives you want are soluable in the grain alchohol you are washing the leaves with, so that "dirty green alchohol" you are tossing contains your actives...?!

If you want a more mellow ride and easier smoke, just smoke plain leaf lol!

It is my understanding that the OP wants to increase the ratio of Salvinorin to plant stuff. Plain leaf would not necessarily do that, only decrease the content of both and it seems ot would push the ratio in the wrong direction.

To change the ratio we have discussed known (proven) and new (unproven) avenues. Make sense?

No, it makes no sense at all since he is stripping away salvinorin A from his plant material with the washes, and then tossing it out, thereby reducing the ratio of activeRazzlant material.

LOL

I thought the OP had already figured that out by the 3rd post. We followed up by offerimg alternatives to try help with other options.

💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

starway7
#25 Posted : 7/15/2020 11:03:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

the origional intent was .. NOT.. to toss it out...I wanted to store the actives in grain alcohol as a tincture....then toss out the stripped leaf material...

it just didnt work right...

LOL[/quote]

BecometheOther
#26 Posted : 7/16/2020 4:44:48 PM

metamorhpasizer

Ooooooh gotcha! sorry for any misunderstanding on my end. But this could be useful information because it is basically telling us that a simple short grain alchohol pulls are not pulling all the actives from the plant material, thereby making this perhaps not the best way of making enhanced leaf or tincture.

Thanks starway7 and my bad for not getting your gist Pleased
You have never been apart from me. You can never depart and never return, for we are continuous, indistinguishable. We are eternal forever

PREV12