We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
"Capturing" the plant.. a dialogue on full spectrum extracts Options

Homo Trypens
#21 Posted : 6/20/2021 12:34:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

I am of the same conviction, that plant effects are generally richer than the effects of their 'main' active ingredient. This doesn't only apply to psychoactive plants, i feel the same about nutrition and medicine. I'll choose oranges over vitamin C tablets any day of the week.

I think the pure compound mentality partly comes from over-application of pharmacological thinking. I understand that in order to get reproducible results, pure compounds or mixtures of known compound ratios are more reliable - even necessary for many studies. But neglecting the interactions of the various compounds in a specific plant source probably means missing something.

One thing i try to do is use different words for impurities depending on where they come from. A constituent that was extracted from the plant along with the 'main' compound is not the same to me as a contaminant that was added in the extraction process.

In the case of DMT extraction, i don't consider constituents like NMT or DMT n-Oxide necessarily undesired. Yes they will affect the quality of effects. Yes they will affect the potency of the extract. So, the extract shouldn't be called DMT, but <plant name> extract. I do consider residual lye, sodium carbonate, vinegar, fumaric, or d-limonene undesired. They may or may not affect the quality of effects, but they are contaminants in said extract.

Even when there are unwanted constituents, such as gramine in Phalaris, i'd prefer a way to remove the unwanted compound and keep all the others, over a way to isolate the most desired one and remove all the others.

I actually wanna try and make my mimosa extracts more full spectrum again. It was fun to achieve the white crystals, but i feel like my early brown crumbles were extra special Smile

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Th3_tRuTh
#22 Posted : 6/21/2021 3:02:33 PM

YΕ«gen "a profound, mysterious sense of the beauty of the universe ... and the sad beauty of human suffering"

dithyramb wrote:
I wonder what stuff in psychotria leaf gives me the "amazon feeling."

It's that "amazon feeling" that I am trying to capture. I have been reading different feedback from different sources as I have posted my question in a couple different forums. I know for sure I get a different experience from the yellow versus the white, aside from just a little bit harsher vape. I get an entirely different body high. The last batch of changa that I made, I used the yellow goo that a separated out of a re-x and this batch is definitely more "lively" than my last batch. It feels more dynamic and even more interactive. I believe that a full spec extraction, even though there aren't many additional alkaloids present, will add that little extra special something to the batch. I also plan on using a more complex mix of plant matter for this batch as well, even add in some blue lotus.

I want this next batch of changa to be extra special.

PREV12