We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
The Spice Rotator: Smooth & Cheap & Portable DMT-Dabbing Station Options

Brennendes Wasser
#21 Posted : 5/18/2020 12:51:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

In the beginning I made sure that the plate on which the tea light will stand is not desintegrating - and even when the wax is fully liquified the plate does not get any hot. If so I would have just folded a piece of paper like 4x and placed it inbetween, flat and blocking all heat, but its not even needed.
And regarding the side walls: They dont get much heat, if I place a finger in the same distance like the walls are, then its just mildly warm. The walls act like a chamber of course, but they dont build up heat, as there are holes especially design to cause an air flow from bottom to top. Therefore with the chamber around the tea light it requires exactly the same distance to the banger and not a shorter distance like one would expect.
But even if one may be unsure, you could simply just remove the chamber and place the tea light on the open surface and place that folded paper below. This would be just super safe, but I'm totally confident it is also good this way. I burned quite some tea lights down to test it and indeed the lego does not get hot.
If the chamber does not hold back heat one may think whats the reason for it, but it will make the flame stop dancing around and be more focused, so the temperature will be even more stable inside of the banger. And with the holes from bottom to top there is still enough air stream to let the flame burn and let cool air in.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Brennendes Wasser
#22 Posted : 7/16/2020 6:14:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

I cant stop making these toys, but now I am done at last ...

This thing can be used with the handheld glass piece - the one that needs manual heat-up. A bad thing is that you would need to use your torch every hit, as it will cool down inbetween - of course. Not directly a problem - I mean the other things with built in candles are made for this purpose, so a portable handheld thing will always remain portable = no stationary flame. But out of boredom I made this new stand and it will make the glass thing snap in easily - with the perfect angle to hold its bucket horizontally and then by modifying the amount of plate pieces you can easily control the temperature.

Now one may just place this on a desk and keep your portable glass pipe hot on this thing, like you would do with your cheese on a hot plate, when doing Fondue (does anybody know this ? OôPleased. Then just load it and take if from your stand and get a rip, then place it back. This way its always hot for usage.

Or you could just leave it there, not taking it for doing your hits - and this way it will be a stationary dab rig. I just love this final thing, because its so minimal and still functional the same way as all other things, but this time no glue / crafting is even needed ;D

I'm not quite sure about the correct distances for other substances, but it may be somehow in this area. So this thing can be used with anything that can be smoked, and use its smooth vaping mechanism.

downwardsfromzero
#23 Posted : 7/16/2020 7:47:07 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

You use online Lego CAD resources, but you've perhaps seen this as well:
https://www.leocad.org/
?

Here's the (Linux) help page, to give a small idea of things:
Code:
Usage: leocad [options] [file]
  [options] can be:
  -l, --libpath <path>: Set the Parts Library location to path.
  -i, --image <outfile.ext>: Save a picture in the format specified by ext.
  -w, --width <width>: Set the picture width.
  -h, --height <height>: Set the picture height.
  -f, --from <time>: Set the first step to save pictures.
  -t, --to <time>: Set the last step to save pictures.
  -s, --submodel <submodel>: Set the active submodel.
  -c, --camera <camera>: Set the active camera.
  --viewpoint <front|back|left|right|top|bottom|home>: Set the viewpoint.
  --camera-angles <latitude> <longitude>: Set the camera angles in degrees around the model.
  --orthographic: Make the view orthographic.
  --highlight: Highlight pieces in the steps they appear.
  -obj, --export-wavefront <outfile.obj>: Export the model to Wavefront OBJ format.
  -3ds, --export-3ds <outfile.3ds>: Export the model to 3D Studio 3DS format.
  -dae, --export-collada <outfile.dae>: Export the model to COLLADA DAE format.
  -html, --export-html <folder>: Create an HTML page for the model.
  --html-parts-width <width>: Set the HTML part pictures width.
  --html-parts-height <height>: Set the HTML part pictures height.
  -v, --version: Output version information and exit.
  -?, --help: Display this help message and exit.

And thanks for reminding me - I can make a lab jack out of lego!

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

some one
#24 Posted : 7/19/2020 1:15:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Really interesting low tech high efficiency vaping route!

Thumbs up
some = one | here = some | there = one

zikzak
#25 Posted : 8/18/2020 4:46:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Great stuff 👍

Tony6Strings
#26 Posted : 8/18/2020 10:57:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Wasser, there is a device called a dab rocket which may interest you in relation to this setup.
olympus mon wrote:
You need to hit it with intention to get where you want to be!

"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky..." -Hendrix

"We have arrived at truth, and now we find truth is a mystery- a play of joy, creation, and energy. This is source. This is the mystic touchstone that heals and renews. This is the beginning again. This is entheogenic." -Nicholas Sand

Brennendes Wasser
#27 Posted : 9/1/2020 10:02:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

I googled it and it looks hyper x)

Then again it would be the same as using an E-Nail, which has a heating coil to place around the bucket. Nevertheless it is much more fancy ... but so far I cant see any temperature adjustment, just an on/off, so maybe it is just for hemp resins?

Still an E-Nail is only half the price ;0

Brennendes Wasser
#28 Posted : 1/20/2023 12:35:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

So I cannot stop play around and creating more versions of that thing - but this is definetly the last ... It contains all the required stuff and reduces it down to an absolute minimum. No combustion, easy to load, extreme fast evaporation, but also chill back on your sofa and pass the shi-sha adapter to your friends to enjoy the ride.

It is a podest verion with just the Banger for evaporation connected to a tube with a mouth piece. Then simply arrange it to be as high as needed across the flame ... I again made a 'Ritual Torch', but thats more unnecessary esthetics, even though you may argue that it will protect the flame from turbulencies around it.
Stuff needed is just the same damn cheap things from here, but now just add the silicon tube and 1 other connector.

But more importantly I checked now all the required temperatures for classic molecules. Measurement is always when using a 'regular Tea Light' (height of Aluminium = 1,8 cm, adjust if you have differents) and speaking about the distance from podest ground to the dab bucket.

DMT = 4,7 cm ~ 170 °C
DMT-Benzoate / 5-MeO-DMT = 4,4 cm ~ 190 °C
Bufotenin Benzoate = 4,1 cm ~ 210 °C
Salvinorin A = 3,2 cm ~ 300 °C

I read again what the manufacturers say: 2 Terp Balls make a much better airflow. I thought it's just marketing, but man I put in another one and during same tokes the balls were spinning at least 2x as long after letting go. Love Also take care to buy the Cyclone-inducing Carb Cap and the compatible Insert-Banger - otherwise Rotation does not work and that's part of the evaporation boost.

Pictures:

Here the old video of vaping 30 mg Spice in 2 RIPs. Guaranteed rocket shot to space.

Can be used with any other active substance, if shortly optimizing the distance first.

Pandora
#29 Posted : 2/26/2023 7:49:53 PM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

Brennendes Wasser,

I am back after a 7 year break and Oh My Goddess Bastet, these posts are freakin' amazing.

I love your rigs, the science, the simplicity, the logic and the info dump.

I remember discussing with my husband and brother about 10 years ago the idea of a stationary spice device to avoid the problem of having a hot device in the middle of a big dose, multi-rip trip.

The boys basically came up with variations on devices used in the old opium house days. A kind of pipe stand that worked on the long stem and allowed OUD customers to take hits while laying down or even letting go of the pipe in safety. We never went further, never built anything or did any measurements.

And we all LOVE Legos LOL.

You actually did it. The boys are going to be mind blown, absolutely gobsmacked when I show them the genius of your rigs.

I am lucky and was able to get a GVG early in the game and still have it. But your rig looks great for those on a limited income who desire efficient vaping with the option of not holding the pipe.

I imagine if/when I get back to spice use, I might try a variation on your hammer rig and stand. Genius deserves to be tested out.

Thanks for making my day.

-Pandora
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

Toshido
#30 Posted : 2/27/2023 2:11:14 AM

Research & Development

This is what the Nexus is all about to me. This is incredible. 10/10
🌳👨‍🔬🌳 - My A/B Hot Plate TEK - 🌳👨‍🔬🌳
🍜🍜🍜 - Don't Heat Your Naphtha, Heat Your Soup! - 🍜🍜🍜
✴✴✴ - White Spice vs Yellow Spice - 🌟🌟🌟
"You are an explorer, and you represent our species, and the greatest good you can do is to bring back a new idea, because our world is endangered by the absence of good ideas. Our world is in crisis because of the absence of consciousness." - Terence McKenna
🙌 "Dang, that's really impressive for a first extraction. Those xtals are nicely resolved." - Benzyme 🙌

PREV12