We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
LSD Rampage Options

sauSage
#1 Posted : 7/31/2019 6:35:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

*smh*

So much with this situation that could have been avoided.

https://www.buzzfeednews...eer-lsd-rampage-arrested
"The brain is a reducing valve that restricts consciousness" - A Huxley

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail" – Ralph Waldo Emerson…

"Whatever you study you also change" - Heisenberg Uncertainty principle

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

DreadedShaman
#2 Posted : 7/31/2019 9:28:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Wow, ya.

Why would they let him take two more doses if he was already "delusional"

Maxtraxx
#3 Posted : 7/31/2019 10:24:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

WTF!

Setting everyone back for decades again.
Such a shame that people take these substances without any idea of what they are doing.
And then in a group of "friends" who were not equipped to deal with each other.
Damn!

dragonrider
#4 Posted : 7/31/2019 10:39:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

That is bizar. Ofcourse it could have been LSD, but it doesn't sound like it was.

Wolfnippletip
#5 Posted : 7/31/2019 10:49:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I wonder if that was only a horrific panic reaction or whether he already had mental problems that were unmasked by the LSD (Or whatever it was). I've only met two people who've told me they were violent while on LSD. One described enjoying fighting while tripping. O_O. The other described a panic reaction in the ER when police and nurses were all badgering him, asking what drug he'd done.

The idea of becoming violent while on LSD is far from my experience, and almost unimaginable to me. I guess we can thank his "friends".
My flesh moves, like liquid. My mind is cut loose.

dragonrider
#6 Posted : 7/31/2019 11:47:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Wolfnippletip wrote:
I wonder if that was only a horrific panic reaction or whether he already had mental problems that were unmasked by the LSD (Or whatever it was). I've only met two people who've told me they were violent while on LSD. One described enjoying fighting while tripping. O_O. The other described a panic reaction in the ER when police and nurses were all badgering him, asking what drug he'd done.

The idea of becoming violent while on LSD is far from my experience, and almost unimaginable to me. I guess we can thank his "friends".

Yes, it seems to only reduce feelings of agression in most people.

I can only imagine becoming violent on LSD, if i where to seriously believe that people would want to harm me. But you have to be pretty far gone to take what is nothing more than just a frightening thought, for reality itself.
And even then, the typical panic response is not to attack, but to run or hide.

Northerner
#7 Posted : 8/1/2019 12:12:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Reads like a sad news click bait story wrapped in "drugs are bad, m'kay?" propaganda to me.

If it was LSD who the hell gives 4 tabs to someone with so little experience? What sort of personality eats 4 tabs if they don't know what they are doing? What other substances were consumed before the guy ate 4 tabs of acid?

I feel bad for his friends and family though, terrible tragedy whatever the cause.
The nearest we ever come to knowing truth is when we are witness to paradox.

WarpedDimension
#8 Posted : 8/1/2019 12:15:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Anger is sadness turned inward, both a derivative of fear. I feel sorry for this person. It is too bad that he had to come face to face with his fears in a poor setting. It must have been horrible for him and obviously horrible for those who received his anger and panic. I can't imagine what was going on in this person's head. There had to be some underlying mental health issues that he was either unaware of or did not communicate with his friends.

I hope this is not an indication of what the mainstream media will point to as we are attempting to open a new psychedelic renaissance. They stated that this incident was "LSD fueled", that right there bothers me. LSD was not the culprit. It was poor set and setting and it sounds like inexperience played a part in this madness.

Terrible, just terrible! I hope everyone makes a fast recovery! My heart goes out to all those involved.
“Silence is a source of Great Strength.” ~Lao Tzu

Maxtraxx
#9 Posted : 8/1/2019 9:00:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Northerner wrote:
Reads like a sad news click bait story wrapped in "drugs are bad, m'kay?" propaganda to me.

I agree. Nevertheless, it effectively re-directs the public opinion of the psychedelic renaissance back to the "drugs are evil" nonsense. And I expect this type of reporting, associating violent and criminal behavior with psychedelics, is only just beginning. The lobby against drugs in general, and mind-expanding psychedelics in particular, is very entrenched and well funded. This lobby does not want people to broaden their horizon and sharpen their intellect, especially in the USA, where only a dumb population is a pliant population.

I also believe that this person had some serious issues before taking LSD, if that is really what it was. In fact, if sounds more like angel dust (PCP), which is known to sometimes trigger violent behavior in individuals with violent predispositions. This person, IMO, very likely had some deeply rooted sociopathic tendencies, to actually seek out targets for his aggression. All this, of course, relying on the report as published.

RoundAbout
#10 Posted : 8/1/2019 10:37:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Maybe it was actually LSD he ingested, and psychedelic drugs themselves are a relevant factor that the public should be aware of.

Why does such simple comment seem so dissonant in this thread?

I can feel the urges for violence and worse on psychedelics... and it's very uncomfortable to recognize these things in myself. Experiencing these feelings in a controlled situation forces me to confront the question of how they can coexist with what I think I am. But that is one of the reasons psychedelics are valuable to me... when combined with understanding and integration rather than senseless action.

dragonrider
#11 Posted : 8/1/2019 10:55:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

RoundAbout wrote:
Maybe it was actually LSD, and psychedelic drugs themselves are a relevant factor that the public should be aware of.

I can feel the urges for violence and worse on psychedelics... and it's very uncomfortable to recognize these things in myself. Experiencing these feelings in a controlled situation forces me to confront the question of how they can coexist with what I think I am. But that is one of the reasons psychedelics are valuable to me... when combined with understanding and integration rather than senseless action.

Why do such simple comment seem dissonant so here?

Well i think to most people, psychedelics reduce feelings of agression.

And even in cases of inducing a psychotic break, wich does happen, agression is pretty rare. Most psychotic people are not agressive at all.

And the typical response to a panic attack, is not agression, but rather the opposite. It is trying to run, to hide, Screaming for help.

Usually, when people get a psychosis, they in a sense turn into little, helpless childeren. People who rather beg for mercy than put up a fight.

The opposite also happens, but then the psychosis is usually being triggered by something that reduces fear and inhibitions. Stimulants, dissociative drugs, or combinations of drugs and alcohol. Drugs that either make you feel invincible and indestructable, careless, or both.

I think most people here would consider those substances, like alcohol, PCP, or cocaine, the opposite of mind-expanding.

Northerner
#12 Posted : 8/1/2019 11:03:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm guessing that they were drinking and snorting coke when the acid seemed like a "great idea".
The nearest we ever come to knowing truth is when we are witness to paradox.

LongTimeWaiting
#13 Posted : 8/2/2019 1:10:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

What a terrible and shameful thing to read. It's quite an unfortunate event. I agree psychedelics make the general population less aggressive and violent but I have experienced an extreme rage once before, on the comedown of LSD. This is out of ~100+ LSD trips, so while it is quite possibly an anomaly, it is still possible. Luckily for me, I managed to calm myself down before I did anything harmful. Maybe for this guy, his set and setting really weren't in his favor and his friends were making the issues worse? I don't think this will set the agenda back. There's always going to be a negative story to write about when it comes to drugs. We have to accept that yet minimize them as much as possible. Like previously said, this could have been avoided but the right people weren't there to help avoid it.

Loveall
#14 Posted : 8/2/2019 1:29:45 AM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

Doesn't look like we really know what substance(s) were involved. Apparently, the authorities say/imply LSD, but how do they know?

If they did a blood test would be interesting to see what they get, but I can't find that in the article.

In my personal experience, alcohol causes the most violent behaviors I've seen. Would be interesting to see to see if it shows up in any forensic test in this case.
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

Maxtraxx
#15 Posted : 8/2/2019 2:14:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

RoundAbout wrote:
Maybe it was actually LSD he ingested, and psychedelic drugs themselves are a relevant factor that the public should be aware of.

Why does such simple comment seem so dissonant in this thread?

I can feel the urges for violence and worse on psychedelics...

Sure, psychedelics are NOT for everyone, and people should be aware of their effects. But violence? Remember, LSD was the "Love Drug" in the 60's and 70's. Not the "go out and kill people" drug. Maybe the only exception was Charles Manson and his "family". But that dude was a bona fide Psychopath to begin with! IMO, he utilized the properties of LSD to brainwash his entourage to commit those brutal murders to "cleanse" the universe, or some shit like that.

I am sorry for you to have such urges as you say. But I don't believe that LSD is the source of those urges, but that they are rooted in your own history and experience, and that LSD may amplify their memory and your anger at your experiences. And to project that anger in violence at other, completely innocent people is, unfortunately, a very common and cowardly perversion of "venting", instead of facing your demons and wrestling them on your own.

WarpedDimension
#16 Posted : 8/2/2019 2:14:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I found a video release by the Sonoma County Sheriff's Office. Watching the video answered many questions I had in my mind about this incident. It was disturbing to watch. I'm not placing a link here. If you wish to watch the video it is easy enough to find on your own.

Alcohol was involved. His friends seemed genuinely concerned for their friend which suggests this person is normally ok, at least around his friends. One friend stated to police dispatch that the suspect was suicidal. The suspect took four times as much LSD as his friends. The suspect had no prior criminal history.

"He's a person that has zero criminal record, never been given a speeding ticket, never committed any crimes. His friends were completely shocked by his behavior," said Sgt. Cutting.

How could this have been prevented? I have no answer at this point. I need more information. There are many news articles and interviews on the web if you search Betai Koffi. I wanted to know more and I will continue to follow this incident. Betai Koffi is in critical condition at this time. All of his victims will live thankfully.
“Silence is a source of Great Strength.” ~Lao Tzu

Maxtraxx
#17 Posted : 8/2/2019 2:26:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

That cop emptied his entire magazine at an unarmed person. He was safe behind his own two vehicles and shot five rounds from there, and then another four when he stepped closer, right next to the driver side door of the vehicle. WTF!

dreamer042
#18 Posted : 8/2/2019 5:16:39 AM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

YouAreWeAmI wrote:
How could this have been prevented?

Honestly, a little education, responsibility, and crisis intervention training are likely all that would have been needed to completely avert his tragedy.

Call it a good reminder to make sure we are approaching these materials responsibly and that we have the knowledge and skills necessary to address a difficult or dangerous situation if we would seek to share these experiences with others.
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

twitchy
#19 Posted : 8/2/2019 7:19:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've always felt, and it's been my experience that there are some folks that just aren't compatible with psychedelics. I don't think we really know enough about this guy to determine whether he was suited to the experience or not and I'm sure we all know at least one person that we would advise against taking high doses of LSD (if that's indeed what it was). His friends all say he was a nice guy etc. but he might have had a penchant for torturing kittens in private for all we know. There's a vetting process in many older cultures, initiations and preparations that we typically take for granted in modern society. It's a tragic situation for this guy, the others involved, and for the psychedelic community as a whole as a single incident like this hitting the main stream media can set us all back forty years. Definitely a cautionary tale for everyone here IMO, not everyone will enjoy or handle well having the universe kicked out from underneath them.
Author of this Post assumes no Responsibility, nor makes any Guarantee of the Accuracy or Validity of material in this Post. Material Contained or referred to in this Post is presented for Entertainment Purposes Only. This Material IS Not Intended to be Inferred, or Interpreted as Information, Advice, News, Instruction, or Factual Information.

RoundAbout
#20 Posted : 8/2/2019 6:31:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

dragonrider wrote:
Well i think to most people, psychedelics reduce feelings of agression.

And even in cases of inducing a psychotic break, wich does happen, agression is pretty rare. Most psychotic people are not agressive at all.

I think most people here would consider those substances, like alcohol, PCP, or cocaine, the opposite of mind-expanding.

I agree. However, I believe there is a chance of an atypical reaction with LSD as with many other drugs, and the consequences of those atypical reactions is important.

Maxtraxx wrote:
to project that anger in violence at other, completely innocent people is, unfortunately, a very common and cowardly perversion of "venting", instead of facing your demons and wrestling them on your own.

Sounds like you know you know the truth.

YouAreWeAmI wrote:
Alcohol was involved. His friends seemed genuinely concerned for their friend which suggests this person is normally ok, at least around his friends. One friend stated to police dispatch that the suspect was suicidal. The suspect took four times as much LSD as his friends. The suspect had no prior criminal history.

Alcohol was reported to be involved by the account of his friends. The same people that said it was LSD and not PCP or cocaine and alcohol.

twitchy wrote:
Definitely a cautionary tale for everyone here IMO, not everyone will enjoy or handle well having the universe kicked out from underneath them.

Yeah, his friends said he believed he was already dead and nothing mattered.

12NEXT