We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT
Avatar movie and Ayahuasca (one in the same?) Options

diamond
#1 Posted : 12/30/2009 1:34:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Greetings people of the world! I have watched Avater in 3D twice now and wanted to share some thoughts.
If you have watched it please share your thoughts, if you haven't watched it, its up to you if you want to of course...

Just to start this post off :: I am not the biggest movie buff but I do like my animations. What I was prepared to see in the movie Avatar, was an epic adventure in a beautiful land with all the other stuff.

What I didn't expect was a graphic interpretation of what I experienced in the Ayahuasca journey...wow...nice to see it in 'reality'.

There are too many Ayahuasca images and references for it to be a coincidence...or is it?
Some things that I thought were pretty uncanny between Avatar and Ayahuasca::

Eywa (Ay-wah) :: the life source that flows from where everything comes from and returns too
Aya (I-yah) Aya like Ayahuasca (sorry pretty obvious)...similar.

The Na'vi have the 'tree' of souls'..hmm Vine of Souls anybody?

I found that the 'breakthrough' that Jack Sully experiences when his consciousness moves into his Avatar body is very similar to my own very first DMT experience (vaporised). Tunnels of light with multidimensional colour...again nice to see it on a screen rather than in my memories!

The night landscape of Pandora, with the dark background and illuminated plants was VERY accurate with a place I was taken too in the Aya journey.

The Na'vi are connected to all beings through their little tendrils in their hair. I was shown this by a guide in my first Aya journey, all is connected and this is what 'she' showed me by placing her tendrils onto a surface and they connected, flowed into each other. She also showed me that everything is interconnected and there are many scenes in the movie that illustrate this.

The story may be cheesy at times (each to their own) but it is a beautiful work of art (check out the creidts!) and...I feel like a Na'vi more than the human race at times...a lot of the time actually. Be great to hear some other peoples comparisons...

Razz

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Citta
#2 Posted : 12/30/2009 3:06:26 PM

Skepdick

Yeah, I just saw this movie yesterday in 3D with a friend of mine.

Personally I LOVED the movie. It was so great, such an adventure, and with some heavy eye candy to be totally wrapped up in. I myself have not consumed Ayahuasca, so I cant talk on that part. But the movie with its visuals, the fantastic landscapes that you venture through, its so amazing watching all of this at the cinema with your 3D glasses on. You are right there with the characters, right there in that place, what a trip! If you just let yourself go into that place you dont wanna come back out, just like Jake Sully, the main character. The story is a bit basic, but I didnt really give a shit about the story, I loved the themes and the messages in the film as well as getting totally lost in the 3D visions of Pandora.

I also loved the way the Na'vi-s (the indigenous inhabiting the planet) in so many ways resembled a shamanic community. It was a really fresh breath, because they were so in tune with nature in the same way you can find many shamanic communities to be (the way we all should be). And while watching this fantasy movie I was heavily reminded as to where I actually come from, and the interconnectedness of all things and beings. I was in serious ecstacy through much of this film because of the themes that got pushed up in my face, themes that greatly resemble many of the themes that occur in our own psychedelic journeys here at the nexus, and across the globe. So it also reminded me of my own beautiful adventures, and the great impact they have had on me.

Another thing that was underlying this film is human greed, ignorance and the masculine destructive attitude, and how this is totally raping our own planet, our own mother (and how it was threatening Pandora, the planet in the film). "This is why we're here, because this little gray rock sells for twenty million a kilo." This statement made in the film pretty much sums up our own tragic human history and how we have walked so far of our trail in the woods, out of the woods and into an Ahriman hell beyond any fucking reckognition where we sit with very big toys but without the maturity to deal with it properly. And this is also a message that often occurs in deep psychedelic journeys.

gosvami
#3 Posted : 12/30/2009 4:21:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

diamond wrote:

Eywa (Ay-wah) :: the life source that flows from where everything comes from and returns too
Aya (I-yah) Aya like Ayahuasca (sorry pretty obvious)...similar.

another phonetic similarity:

ALLAH (arabic = GOD)
al ilah (arabic = the god)
ELOaH (plural: elohim, hebrew = the powerful one, the strong one, JAHWE....)
OM

Ice House
#4 Posted : 12/30/2009 7:50:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Sustainable growing

It was an outstanding film. I can draw many parallels to Aya voyages I have had and the special effects of the movie. I do believe that people who worked on this film had some experience with psychedelic tryptamines.
Ice House is an alter ego. The threads, postings, replys, statements, stories, and private messages made by Ice House are 100% unadulterated Bull Shit. Every aspect of the Username Ice House is pure fiction. Any likeness to SWIM or any real person is purely coincidental. The creator of Ice House does not condone or participate in any illicit activity what so ever. The makebelieve character known as Ice House is owned and operated by SWIM and should not be used without SWIM's expressed written consent.

mogascreeta
#5 Posted : 1/7/2010 5:25:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

the movie reminded me of dmt A LOT! remember when that woman is dies under the magic tree and just before she dies a clip shows a tunnel of colors and a bright light. immediately i thought of DMT. the forest at night time reminded me of a high dose of mushrooms
"I'm creeping back to life, my nervous system all awry, I'm wearing the inside out. Look at him now, he's paler somehow, but he's coming round. He's starting to choke It's been so long since he spoke, well he can have the words right from my mouth. And with these words I can see, clear through the clouds that covered me, Just give it time then speak my name. now we can hear ourselves again" Pink Floyd- Wearing the Inside Out
Mogascreeta is a pathological liar and should not be taken seriously under any circumstance.

Opiyum
#6 Posted : 1/7/2010 6:13:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Anyone notice the mushrooms growing all over the place throughout the movie?

Did anyone else think that their language very much sounded Native American Indian? To me it was a dead ringer.

ms_manic_minxx
#7 Posted : 1/7/2010 9:01:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The voice of the forest hit the big screens.

Mama's got recruits everywhere... Cool She is the Amazon's "secret weapon," you know. Pleased
Some things will come easy, some will be a test

Phlux-
#8 Posted : 1/7/2010 9:21:43 AM

The Root

Chemical expertSenior Member

kickass movie
antrocles wrote:
...purity of intent....purity of execution....purity of experience...

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:
‹Jorkest› the wall is impenetrable as far as i can tell

Quote:
‹xtechre› cheese is great

He who packs ur capsules - controls your destiny.

Seven
#9 Posted : 1/7/2010 2:11:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

funny you mention this, i found this article right before i saw your post!
http://techgnosis.com/ch...om-2010-01-06-2204-0.txt

i definitely plan on seeing this soon.
The universe is an infinite harmony of vibrating beings in an elaborate range of expansion-contraction ratios, frequency modulations, and so forth.

amor_fati
#10 Posted : 1/7/2010 3:50:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Seven wrote:
funny you mention this, i found this article right before i saw your post!
http://techgnosis.com/ch...om-2010-01-06-2204-0.txt

i definitely plan on seeing this soon.

Pretty decent article. This reminds me a bit of LSD's resonant effects in modern mainstream Western culture, now with Ayahuasca stepping up to inherit the throne, hopefully also with a much more sturdy meta-narrative than LSD was capable of.

gigaschatten
#11 Posted : 1/7/2010 4:02:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

God is dreaming us.

Infundibulum
#12 Posted : 1/7/2010 5:03:08 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

I agree with gigaschatten,

i saw the avatar and basically it was so boring I spent my time half asleep in the theatre. Boy that film was truly a waste of human resources! I am not really fond of computer graphics.

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

amor_fati
#13 Posted : 1/7/2010 5:16:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Infundibulum wrote:

i saw the avatar and basically it was so boring I spent my time half asleep in the theatre. Boy that film was truly a waste of human resources! I am not really fond of computer graphics.

I haven't seen it yet, but I can imagine, seeing as how hyped up big-budget films like this tend to disappoint me. I haven't been too fond of James Cameron since "Titanic" and haven't been especially fond of computer graphics ever since they ruined "Star Wars." Though I did appreciate how they used CG in "Where the Wild Things Are." However, I do tend to enjoy supposedly boring films, such as "There Will be Blood" and "Syriana" and more heady films like those.

Bancopuma
#14 Posted : 1/7/2010 5:24:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

gigaschatten - lol Smile

However, I have seen Avatar in 3D twice now, if anything the second time was maybe even slightly better than the first.

Personally I consider the 3D Avatar experience nothing short of the most transcendental, cinematic work of art I have EVER experienced...for me it raised the bar on the potential of a cinematic movie experience, forever.

I am quite shocked, and a but gutted when I hear that people didn't get anything from it at all...I would go as far to say I even feel a little but sorry for people who didn't get anything from it whatsoever...particularly the enlightened members of the DMT Nexus!!

I'm not saying this movie is proof of a divine creator, it definitely wasn't perfect, but if you can't be awed, in at least a purely visual sense by this film...well poor old you!!

Just my 2 cents...Wink

universecannon
#15 Posted : 1/8/2010 12:49:43 AM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

I hate most movies..for many reasons. But Avatar lacked most of the obnoxious qualities that I think make most movies unwatchable.

While it seemingly was a huge waste of human resources I still loved avatar. It highlighted the absurd materialistic and gung ho military mindset that is ruining our species and planet and was actually very thought provoking. The parallels between shamanism and aya were obvious, there hometree (looked like the world tree) even had a helical vine going up the center of it. There's so many people watching it to so hopefully it will wake some people up to some bigger realities. And this movie is far from boring, if you got bored wake up and smoke some cannabis beforehand and go into imax is the only advice i can give.

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

Infundibulum
#16 Posted : 1/8/2010 1:33:48 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

amor_fati wrote:
Infundibulum wrote:

I haven't seen it yet, but I can imagine, seeing as how hyped up big-budget films like this tend to disappoint me. I haven't been too fond of James Cameron since "Titanic" and haven't been especially fond of computer graphics ever since they ruined "Star Wars." Though I did appreciate how they used CG in "Where the Wild Things Are." However, I do tend to enjoy supposedly boring films, such as "There Will be Blood" and "Syriana" and more heady films like those.

Mind you, I also enjoy films like rambo or g.i. joe or whatever holywood action film and whenever I watch them I know exactly what to expect; shallow script with loads of explosions and some gore.

The Avatar was disappointing because I expected something better. Yes the graphics were good but I'm not to fond of re-hashed romeo and juliet scripts.

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

ismokecrystals
#17 Posted : 1/8/2010 6:21:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I loved this movie- the visuals were absolutely amazing. I just wish they had a movie about Pandora itself, no humans. MANY times throughout the movie I felt like I was tripping- the color/lights tunnel sent shivers down my spine. That movie made me want some spice like nothing else.

cellux
#18 Posted : 1/11/2010 8:22:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

This movie left me speechless. I watched it two days ago and still have its spell on me. In a lot of ways, it was like the deepest kind of psychedelic trip, where you become so totally immersed in the experience that when you come back, you can't really understand why this "old way of things" is still out here. It should have also changed with you. But it didn't.

Lots of times during the movie, I cried like a child. Not because of the suffering or injustice I saw. But because I understood that the makers of this film see me and I see them. It was like a rejoice, one of those immeasurable moments when you realize that you are not alone. When I'm watching movies like this, I usually start with a state of disbelief. I want the movie to persuade me, to give signs which prove that the filmmakers really feel and live what they are trying to show and tell us. This movie was full of such signs. Not just signs, this movie was a *testament* to everything that I hold dear to my heart. What I especially liked is that it went further than I can go. When the Great Tree fell down and everything dear to me was consumed by flames, I felt that the movie should end. My first reaction to that possibility was despair, the child in me wanted to see the Na'vi fight back (and win). The screen was still black, anything could happen. Then the possibility of an ingenious solution dawned on me: if the film ends there, then the fate of OUR planet (the Earth) is left in our hands. If the film continues and the Na'vi win, then we the watchers can push the responsibility to our "heroes", those imaginary beings who might lead the local revolution. If the tension is resolved, then the potential Toruk Makto's among us will have less chance to wake up to their mission. But the movie continued.

I didn't believe - even after all those signs - that the filmmakers could possibly tell the second part of the story without bringing down this movie into a dissatisfying, soul-sickening chaos. But they could, oh my God, they could. James Cameron must have a direct connection to the Source, being able to balance on the razor's edge with such elegance and wisdom. This movie got exceptionally close to perfection (the only exceptions I remember: 1. the first time Jake kills the black animal and tells the prayer, the girl says that he is now ready to become a hunter. But he's not. He's just repeating the learned words externally, doesn't feel them yet. The girl shouldn't have let him pass yet. 2. it was silly from Toruk Makto to order the ground forces to attack the infantry. it was like sending them to suicide. I would believe that he got better than that by that point.)

I consider the Matrix trilogy 100% perfect and now that I have something comparable, it's interesting to see how these two worlds differ from each other. Compared to Avatar, the Matrix is a very cold world, like an intellectual precisely analyzing the spiritual side of life in three installments. The Matrix could not touch my heart in the way Avatar did. It touched my spirit, no doubt in that. But that movie was beyond humanity. It didn't care about the ground. OK, the parallels are there. Neo starting to feel the connection to the Source (kung-fu teaching scene) vs. Jake Sully first enjoying the texture of the earth with his alien toes. The latter is like Mother, the previous like Father to me. Like the same thing from two angles.

CosmicLion
#19 Posted : 1/30/2010 4:21:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Here is an article about how Avatar is like Ayahuasaca:

'Sacred Brews, Secret Muse'
http://www.theglobeandma...ret-muse/article1449949/
-Eternally Romping the Astral Savannahlands-

soulfood
#20 Posted : 1/30/2010 4:33:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

Infundibulum wrote:

The Avatar was disappointing because I expected something better. Yes the graphics were good but I'm not to fond of re-hashed romeo and juliet scripts.

That seems a little harsh. I'm not saying it was a masterpiece of storytelling, but I think the relationship was too downplayed in the bigger scheme of things to say it was a romeo and juliet story.

It reflected much more of aldous huxley's Island to myself, albeit in a very hollywood style.

123NEXT