We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV456
Q21Q21 Vinegar + Lime A/B/A (xylene/limonene) and A/B (naptha) Teks Options

Miss Demenor
#101 Posted : 4/24/2010 6:20:04 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Finally, it is turning yello! I know I won't get 1.3%, but I should get something. Next time I swear I will use vinegar.
Pardon my paranoia.
Speaking of paranoia...

"Why do crack heads have sex doggie style?"

(So they can BOTH look out the window!)

Love,
Miss Demenor.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

#102 Posted : 4/25/2010 1:03:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Infundibulum wrote:

FYI, leaking of Bisphenol A, a plastifier compound used in polycarbonate plastic bottles (the ones commonly used for water or other drinks) has estrogenic activity and has been deemed unsafe for humans. One reason very hot liquids should not be used in plastic water bottles is for minimising leaking of Bisphenol A into the water.

Interesting article in Nature regarding studies into the toxicity of Bisphenol A. Personally, I have a thing for nice glassware, so ziplok bags etc are out. Laughing
"at journey's end, we must begin again"

Apoc
#103 Posted : 4/28/2010 8:39:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So for the first tek, you add vinegar to the pulled limolene or xylene. Can you also do the vinegar thing with naphtha too? I would rather evap vinegar than naphtha. Also, I seem to be having problems evaping my naphtha. It seems to evap very slow. Thanks.

Blundering_Novice
#104 Posted : 4/28/2010 8:43:47 PM
DMT-Nexus member

fnog9 wrote:
So for the first tek, you add vinegar to the pulled limolene or xylene. Can you also do the vinegar thing with naphtha too? I would rather evap vinegar than naphtha. Also, I seem to be having problems evaping my naphtha. It seems to evap very slow. Thanks.

Forget evapping Naptha. Put it in a cold freezer overnight, pour off the naptha the next day and re-use. What's left in your cold dish are the goods!

I don't know if the vinegar works with naptha or not.

q21q21
#105 Posted : 4/28/2010 9:46:09 PM

SWIM

fnog9 wrote:

it WOULD work, but the whole purpose of the naptha tek is to get nice white crystals and freezer precipitation works very well

Of course like I said it WOULD work just like mixing vinegar and dmt-containing xylene/limonene.
Q21Q21's Tek: A comprehensive guide to extracting DMT
The 2 teks use non-toxic lime and vinegar and Tek 1: d-Limonene or Xylene or Tek 2: Naptha to produce very quick high yields with the greatest of ease.

I am almost never on this site anymore so I will likely not answer PMs

#106 Posted : 4/29/2010 3:53:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Q21 - this is a GREAT tek. It's ridiculously easy, clean, simple, non-toxic and the yield looks really promising. Thanks man!
"at journey's end, we must begin again"

plumsmooth
#107 Posted : 5/26/2010 3:09:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm curious how much difference it makes doing the initial A part, with the Hot Vinegar.
Would STB be acceptable with this tech? Would it take longer but still work; would heat be helpful STB?

Also, with the addition of concentrated Vinegar, wouldn't this render the need for more Lime to properly basify?
For example maybe a full 1:1 Lime Mimosa is needed after adding pure Vinegar to the initial A/B step?
Thanks...

q21q21
#108 Posted : 5/26/2010 3:48:48 AM

SWIM

plumsmooth wrote:
I'm curious how much difference it makes doing the initial A part, with the Hot Vinegar.
Would STB be acceptable with this tech? Would it take longer but still work; would heat be helpful STB?

Also, with the addition of concentrated Vinegar, wouldn't this render the need for more Lime to properly basify?
For example maybe a full 1:1 Lime Mimosa is needed after adding pure Vinegar to the initial A/B step?
Thanks...

The STB method doesn't work well, it is explained thoroughly in a reply on the other thread

q21q21 wrote:

SWIM did 4 trial runs for his first limeteks.

SWIM is very interested in the exact timing of the reactions as would be clearly deduced by reading his tek. So he did pulls using naptha every 2-3 hours for 2 of them and literally got no measurable product until 1.5 days when finally the naptha got some product.

In total he got about .6% the first time with lime STB
The second time he got about .85% using naptha.
It was also quite a bit more yellow than using the A/B method.

The 3rd and 4th were done with limonene and gave very similar results. On the 4th he didn't even bother adding the solvent till 48 hours had past.

During the 4th trial SWIM read amor-fati's then brand-new tek and was suprised by the lack of "wait 48 hours"
He then tried simply adding some hot vinegar for the first step in a tiny 30g batch and was SHOCKED when in the span of 3.5 hours he had .75% and finally .93 after the last pull.

As for the vinegar:
Vinegar is a very very very weak base compared to the lime and even using 1:2 lime to MHRB is quite a large excess using straight 5% vinegar. According to 69ron's brief limetek only 1:4 is actually needed, it's just lime is so cheap it's never a worry to be safe and using 1:2 or 2:3 or even 1:1.
The 2 teks use non-toxic lime and vinegar and Tek 1: d-Limonene or Xylene or Tek 2: Naptha to produce very quick high yields with the greatest of ease.

q21q21
#109 Posted : 5/27/2010 1:55:07 AM

SWIM

q21q21 wrote:

As for the vinegar:
Vinegar is a very very very weak base compared to the lime and even using 1:2 lime to MHRB is quite a large excess using straight 5% vinegar. According to 69ron's brief limetek only 1:4 is actually needed, it's just lime is so cheap it's never a worry to be safe and using 1:2 or 2:3 or even 1:1.

Actually SWIM just tried using 65g of Lime for 200g of MHRB and about 1:3 vinegar to water and he only got .08% from the xylene pulls and 0% on the naptha pulls (a separate 200g)

He then went out and bought some lime and added it and he has cloudy naptha on this pull and about .2% on the first pull of xylene.

it's a little low for a first pull. Could be that he didn't wait long enough (35 minutes) or that he didn't use enough vinegar in the first step, but in any case the DMT is still in there, no worries.

In any case go for at least 1g lime for 2g MHRB or greater!

Caen
#110 Posted : 7/7/2010 12:02:58 PM

O.o

Just tried this tek (naptha pull) this weekend.
100g of MHRB turned to 1.75g yield, with x4 pulls in total.
Did increase the naptha from 100ml to 150ml since SWIM was losing about 50ml per pull due to evap and etc.

Great tek! Loved how decant was so much easier than conventional STBs.
The most merciful thing in the world... is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents.
~H. P. Lovecraft~

«PREV456