We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12345NEXT»
Q21Q21 Vinegar + Lime A/B/A (xylene/limonene) and A/B (naptha) Teks Options

killuminati420
#41 Posted : 2/20/2010 1:23:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I went to the garden store today asking for garden lime and she said she had Ground Lime, Dolomite Lime, and other types of lime....i needed to know what types of lime exactly do i need to ask for...specifically...Which kind is powder calcium hydroxide?
"Money Can't Buy Life" -Bob Marley

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

q21q21
#42 Posted : 2/20/2010 3:44:39 AM

SWIM

killuminati420 wrote:
I went to the garden store today asking for garden lime and she said she had Ground Lime, Dolomite Lime, and other types of lime....i needed to know what types of lime exactly do i need to ask for...specifically...Which kind is powder calcium hydroxide?

it definately isn't dolomite lime, for the other you'd have to look at the package, when SWIM gets it, it is called garden lime. Sorry.
Q21Q21's Tek: A comprehensive guide to extracting DMT
The 2 teks use non-toxic lime and vinegar and Tek 1: d-Limonene or Xylene or Tek 2: Naptha to produce very quick high yields with the greatest of ease.

I am almost never on this site anymore so I will likely not answer PMs

idtravlr
#43 Posted : 2/20/2010 8:00:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

killuminati420 wrote:

SWIM get's his from cooking shops (Pickling Lime). I don't know where you're located, but The Great American Spice Co. (love the name)Cool is where SWIM gets it. It's 100% food grade, and pretty damn cheap!

Peace!
-idt
I am not a drug addict seeking escape from reality. I am an explorer of consciousness challenging consensus reality.

…is DMT dangerous? The answer is only if you fear death by astonishment… [crowd laughter]… Remember how you laughed when this possibility was raised… a moment will come that will wipe the smile right off your face.
-Terence McKenna

Spatial Dementia
#44 Posted : 2/22/2010 6:27:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

limewater powder = calcium hydroxide?

q21q21
#45 Posted : 2/22/2010 6:33:34 PM

SWIM

Spatial Dementia wrote:
limewater powder = calcium hydroxide?

a quick google suggest it should be, may have to ask an employee or look up msds or something to be sure though.
The 2 teks use non-toxic lime and vinegar and Tek 1: d-Limonene or Xylene or Tek 2: Naptha to produce very quick high yields with the greatest of ease.

Spatial Dementia
#46 Posted : 2/22/2010 6:39:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I found it online. It says Ca(OH)2, but I just got confused by 69ron's mescaline extraction tek, in which he mentions that you need "edible calcium hydroxide", but this white powder does not look like something I would eat.

There's only one Ca(OH)2 right? So if I buy something that says it's Ca(OH)2, can I go wrong?

q21q21
#47 Posted : 3/1/2010 4:27:38 PM

SWIM

SWIM has made many many updates to the tek.

It is almost wiki-worthy. Too bad SWIM is clueless in wiki editing

Bodhisattva
#48 Posted : 3/6/2010 8:41:56 PM
DMT-Nexus member

When I used to do my Naptha/STB, and I had a lot of success with it mind you - lye was added to a good amount of water and the powdered Naptha was stirred in, which broke it down and made the alkaloids readily available for the Naptha to pull. However the mixture was very watery - in fact it was essentially black soupy water. It was very viscous, and it made decanting difficult - it wasn't a thick sludge like yours, and if I got any of the bottom dark layer in the evaporation dish, it would cause the end result to be oily and nasty. So I had to be very careful.

How exactly do you get away with your decanting being so messy - doesnt any of the oil and impurities get into your evaporation dish when you pour the Naptha out of the mix?

EDIT: I'm guessing because you only use enough lime/water to make it like a sludge, instead of a watery pool, it is very easy to just pour off the naptha since the MHRB "molasses" doesnt move much?

q21q21
#49 Posted : 3/6/2010 9:00:23 PM

SWIM

Bodhisattva wrote:
When I used to do my Naptha/STB, and I had a lot of success with it mind you - lye was added to a good amount of water and the powdered Naptha was stirred in, which broke it down and made the alkaloids readily available for the Naptha to pull. However the mixture was very watery - in fact it was essentially black soupy water. It was very viscous, and it made decanting difficult - it wasn't a thick sludge like yours, and if I got any of the bottom dark layer in the evaporation dish, it would cause the end result to be oily and nasty. So I had to be very careful.

How exactly do you get away with your decanting being so messy - doesnt any of the oil and impurities get into your evaporation dish when you pour the Naptha out of the mix?

EDIT: I'm guessing because you only use enough lime/water to make it like a sludge, instead of a watery pool, it is very easy to just pour off the naptha since the MHRB "molasses" doesnt move much?

correct, it is completely different than using lye, lye will produce something like mud while lime is barely barely soluble in water so it makes it a scrambled-eggs-like texture. The naptha also stays much more seperate from the goo than with lye as well. It's not too messy at all

69ron
#50 Posted : 3/6/2010 10:07:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Q21q21, I just want to say thanks for posting this tech. Lye is a very dangerous chemical and should really be avoided.

Lime is as strong as you need. You don’t need lye. You can actually get lime in your eyes and you won’t go blind from it (it’s happened to me once, and you hardly even feel it). It’s because of it’s poor water solubility that its so safe. You have plenty of time to wash your eyes before any damage happens to your eyes. In most cases, your tears are enough to wash it out, but you should still wash your eyes if this happens. Now if you get lye in your eyes, you can be permanently blinded by it in a matter of seconds. It’s just plain too dangerous. I wouldn’t even use it to clean my drains. I won’t allow it in my house.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

Bodhisattva
#51 Posted : 3/6/2010 11:09:57 PM
DMT-Nexus member

SWIM was very careful using it - but was always terrified. SWIM felt like he was holding the devil in the palm of his hand. Very glad that he doesn't need it any longer, and not only that - the Lime makes the consistency so much better to decant with. Plus he never used a cotton ball, but rather repeatedly decanted back and forth between two jars if he got the lye-water in the mix, until he had decanted away from the contaminate.

The cotton ball would have made things so much easier. Just decant though the cotton ball funnel filter, any residual stuff gets trapped.. bam - a nice clean extract to evap and freeze.

Thanks a ton guys. Looks like SWIM will be working with this stuff again soon.

q21q21
#52 Posted : 3/7/2010 12:24:16 AM

SWIM

69ron wrote:
Q21q21, I just want to say thanks for posting this tech. Lye is a very dangerous chemical and should really be avoided.

Lime is as strong as you need. You don’t need lye. You can actually get lime in your eyes and you won’t go blind from it (it’s happened to me once, and you hardly even feel it). It’s because of it’s poor water solubility that its so safe. You have plenty of time to wash your eyes before any damage happens to your eyes. In most cases, your tears are enough to wash it out, but you should still wash your eyes if this happens. Now if you get lye in your eyes, you can be permanently blinded by it in a matter of seconds. It’s just plain too dangerous. I wouldn’t even use it to clean my drains. I won’t allow it in my house.

Thanks

I know that SWIY has probably done this tek pretty much the same as posted before I posted it, that's why at the top I take not original ownership for the tek. Posting it also taught me not to be to anxious about something "catching on" if the tek is good, it will, and it's always an ego stroke to hear it recommended.

The only thing that really needs to be fixed is "where to get lime" took me a good 2 weeks to find a place, know any reliable vendors/brands. the stuff I get is re-packed from 20kg bags and he doesn't know the brand.

idtravlr
#53 Posted : 3/7/2010 2:39:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

q21q21 wrote:
SWIM has made many many updates to the tek.

It is almost wiki-worthy. Too bad SWIM is clueless in wiki editing

I second 69 on his commendation to you q21 - Your SWIM has change my SWIM's life when it comes to safe extractions. This tek is truly a big advancement in safety.

Perhaps as one form of thank you, I could help you get it onto the Wiki. If you wanted to PM me a finalized version, I could find some time to get it up on the Wiki for you. It is important to have this tek on the wiki.

Peace,
-idt
I am not a drug addict seeking escape from reality. I am an explorer of consciousness challenging consensus reality.

…is DMT dangerous? The answer is only if you fear death by astonishment… [crowd laughter]… Remember how you laughed when this possibility was raised… a moment will come that will wipe the smile right off your face.
-Terence McKenna

q21q21
#54 Posted : 3/7/2010 3:02:09 AM

SWIM

idtravlr wrote:
[quote=q21q21]
Perhaps as one form of thank you, I could help you get it onto the Wiki. If you wanted to PM me a finalized version, I could find some time to get it up on the Wiki for you. It is important to have this tek on the wiki.

Peace,
-idt

Totally! I'll do a final draft tommorrow, I'm happy with the page but I'll give it a final read-through

Jamie ONeil
#55 Posted : 3/9/2010 12:45:23 AM

Jamie O'Neil

You can get pickling lime from Mrs. Wages for only $3.90 a bag (with 454grams in it) at
http://store.mrswagesstore.com/pickles.html

SWIM has never done another tek - just this one. It works well. The only issue SWIM had was conversion difficulty. She converted measurements wrong and ended up with only a .05% yield on a kilo. SWIM thought it was lesser quality product, but on re-checking, realized it was her poor math skills. Rolling eyes

Live and learn.

Thanks so much for this tek.
"Life is a daring adventure or nothing at all."
—Helen Keller

Bodhisattva
#56 Posted : 3/10/2010 3:17:08 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Is this stuff ok? Hi-Yield Horticultural Hydrated Lime? It's gardening lime sold at nurseries.

MSDS sheet says 100% calcium hydroxide/calcium oxide ... http://www.hi-yield.com/products/MSDS/33371.pdf

I assume its essentially the same thing as what is being used in this tek.

Bodhisattva
#57 Posted : 3/10/2010 10:32:48 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Anyone? Razz

q21q21
#58 Posted : 3/11/2010 1:51:48 AM

SWIM

Would have answered.... If SWIM had a definite answer. Wikipedia says "hydrated lime" is lime, but that MSDS is confusing, it says 100 under CA(OH)2 then 74 on calcium oxide... now SWIM's no expert on MSDS' so he can't say anything for sure.

If it were SWIM he'd try it, sounds legit. To test just try to dissolve a tsp in a cup or two of water. It should go cloudly then settle completely clear with the vast majority of the lime un-dissolved. If so then SWIM thinks it's lime.

Bodhisattva
#59 Posted : 3/11/2010 6:45:33 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Well, Calcium Oxide is what you have before you add water to Calcium Hydoxide. So I'd assume that it is just listed as a precursor? Kind of confusing. As soon as you add water to Oxide it reacts and becomes Hydroxide.

So yeah, I think it's fine. However I will be adding it to the water in a separate container first, very slowly.. because that stuff reacts VIOLENTLY. Razz

Bodhisattva
#60 Posted : 3/20/2010 4:23:28 PM
DMT-Nexus member

What kind of popcorn bowls did you use? Naptha DOES eat through many kinds of plastics. Does it say what kind of material your bowls are made out of? Is there a hazard code on the bottom of them?

PREV12345NEXT»