We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Requirements to become senior membership? Options

Cactus Man
#21 Posted : 6/16/2019 10:28:02 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Kable wrote:
jiva wrote:

the nexus is not a club you have to join. if you want to you will need to follow the rules, if not, just go someplace else. there are other boards on the internet.

That's cool, I think I'm following the rules. I'm just saying I don't like them. Is that so wrong?

Personally I would think it good to have the precise manner in which the vetting process is done to be influenced by feedback from the members!

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Kable
#22 Posted : 6/16/2019 10:30:30 PM
DMT-Nexus member

jiva wrote:

absolutely not. that's why we can have discussions. would be boring if we all agreed on everything

See but that's the problem. DMT-nexus rules are configured in such a way to be prejudicial against anyone scoreing low on big-5 agreeableness

jiva
#23 Posted : 6/16/2019 10:39:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Kable wrote:
jiva wrote:
[quote=Kable][quote=jiva]
absolutely not. that's why we can have discussions. would be boring if we all agreed on everything

See but that's the problem. DMT-nexus rules are configured in such a way to be prejudicial against anyone scoreing low on big-5 agreeableness

i honestly do not think that is the case. but could you please elaborate on that?

Kable
#24 Posted : 6/16/2019 11:01:06 PM
DMT-Nexus member

jiva wrote:

i honestly do not think that is the case. but could you please elaborate on that?

People get promoted by their peers in part for being "welcoming" by which means those who are less "welcoming" (which I would argue is positively associated with disagreeableness) are thus not promoted, and prejudiced against.

Plus you get promoted because those already promoted or "in the hive" get to decide if you do or don't. People tend to like, and vote in favor of, those who agree with them, therefore biasing them against those who are disagreeable. Disagreeable folks who prefer to be more direct/less deferential in their speaking get the "attitude page" shoved in their face. Hence the hive mind mentality.

endlessness
#25 Posted : 6/16/2019 11:27:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It should not come as a surprise that argumentative uncooperative people are not welcome in a community. People here have very different worldviews, as is evidenced often in discussions, but one of the key differences between the Nexus and other forums is exactly our requirement for discussions to be respectful, and for arguments to be based on evidence or good reasoning.

Here's a related thread from Trav.

There are plenty of other communities around, gotta find where you feel the most at home (or accept not feeling at home if it's worth it and one is allowed in)

Achilles
#26 Posted : 6/17/2019 12:11:20 AM

I is the obstacle.

endlessness wrote:
It should not come as a surprise that argumentative uncooperative people are not welcome in a community. People here have very different worldviews, as is evidenced often in discussions, but one of the key differences between the Nexus and other forums is exactly our requirement for discussions to be respectful, and for arguments to be based on evidence or good reasoning.

Here's a related thread from Trav.

There are plenty of other communities around, gotta find where you feel the most at home (or accept not feeling at home if it's worth it and one is allowed in)

^ the thing about world views is the most important part... people come here to share experiences that the outside world typically either frown upon or just looks at you like a weirdo hippie. It’s ok to have your own views, that’s what the nexus is all about, but if you disrespect or disregard all other views but your own then the people in the very OPEN MINDED organization your speaking to probably aren’t gonna want you around. They’re especially not gonna want you to be a sm. That’s nothing to do with the hive mind. That’s just how people are in general.
This guys ego ^

Spiralout
#27 Posted : 6/17/2019 4:46:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The tendency of this community to lend itself heavily towards "agreeableness" is a perfectly warranted and prudent thing in my opinion. There are high numbers of people accessing this forum while under the influence of the types of substances that this forum is primarily centered around. So having a welcoming environment is actually a necessity if you consider the well being of other peoples minds, emotions and lives to be important. If you look at almost any other forum dedicated to substance use you will find content ranging from benign to outrageously disconcerting .

The "agreeableness" is offset by fair, level, rational discussion ... And the reason for wanting evidence and rational when discussing something is, again, to keep things from degeneration .

Kable
#28 Posted : 6/17/2019 9:31:13 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Lotta reverb in here

#29 Posted : 6/18/2019 12:46:35 AM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

After some talk and discussion - it's probably good that you have a small break from the forum Kable.

At the end of the day you voicing your distaste with the structure of how the nexus operates - unless there's honest dialogue in how things could be better implemented - then just talking like you are, and being argumentative with members of the forum seemingly just for the sake of it without further discussion - well this does zero.

Then throwing in the cheeky little comment about reverb, while cute, obviously does nothing in terms of discussion.

Also, just so it's noted, The Traveler took massive amounts of time and energy to have this forum what it is, on top of the fact that there's continual costs to maintain server/s, hosting, etc - this guy does this without asking for anything from anyone - so next time before you start laying those fingers on the keys then maybe you should think on that for awhile?

Maybe learn a little more respect within the context of this forum?

The Illusion of Free Speech

Moderator Notes wrote:
Kable: 6 month suspension

soul-explorer
#30 Posted : 6/18/2019 6:00:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

dreamer042 wrote:
And of course, the real issue: how many cases of mangoes they are willing to bribe me with for the nomination. Twisted Evil

I KNEW IT!!!11111

Achilles
#31 Posted : 6/18/2019 10:24:20 AM

I is the obstacle.

tatt wrote:

Also, just so it's noted, The Traveler took massive amounts of time and energy to have this forum what it is, on top of the fact that there's continual costs to maintain server/s, hosting, etc - this guy does this without asking for anything from anyone -

- The illusion of free speech

Thanks trav^
This guys ego ^

PREV12