We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Suspiciously High Yield Options

Trickster
#21 Posted : 12/28/2009 9:47:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

burnt wrote:
Its good to get estimates anyway from the chemical properties of NaCl and sodium carbonate.

Thanks. Good point. SWIM's been lazy lately.
Do not seek the truth, just drop your opinions.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Trickster
#22 Posted : 12/28/2009 9:53:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

Thanks, 69ron,

69ron wrote:
Trickster wrote:
Now, what would be the best way to clean the product?

Trickster, the best solution at this point is to put the product in cold water with a little ice, and mix it for a few minutes. Then filter it until all the water and ice filter through. The sodium carbonate should dissolve and wash away. Harmine is insoluble in water, harmaline is very slightly soluble in cold water. Some loss of harmaline will be had, but no matter what you do, that’s going to happen. Even when you precipitate the alkaloids using salt water, some loss of harmaline occurs. Pretty much at every step in this process, there’s loss of harmaline.

Repeat if there's still some sodium carbonate taste left.

The are other options, but this is the easiest.

Gone cleaning...

BTW. What's so bad about sodium carbonate in the final product, besides of screwed-up dosage?

endlessness
#23 Posted : 12/28/2009 10:05:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

nothing Smile

if you used food safe sodium carbonate, that is...

69ron
#24 Posted : 12/29/2009 3:27:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

When you bake muffins with sodium bicarbonate (baking soda), it becomes sodium carbonate in the oven. So there's nothing wrong with eating a little sodium carbonate. People eat it all the time in muffins, soda bread, etc. Just make sure it's food grade, and you don't over consume it. It is a base and too much would be bad for you. A few hundreds milligrams would be just fine though.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

Trickster
#25 Posted : 12/30/2009 1:55:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

I think the case is closed.

After mixing the solids in cold water and filtering once SWIM's yield fell dramatically. At some point she was afraid that she'd lost everything.

Now instead of 9% she's got just around 2%. No taste of baking soda anymore.

Thanks for your assistance, fellow travellers.

69ron
#26 Posted : 12/30/2009 7:49:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

2% is about what most people will get unless they have some really good seeds. I doubt much was lost at all because you washed using cold water and there was a lot of sodium carbonate present so the water was alkaline, probably around pH 11 I’m guessing.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

PREV12