We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV2021222324NEXT»
The direct e-mesh thread. Options

TheGho$t
#421 Posted : 2/7/2020 6:28:24 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Ok after much tweaking of the 4cm mesh (vv 316 150 mesh)
I have concluded that the build box for the VV mesh v2 is taller so care needs to be taken to not touch the top.
A few small, 5-10 mg test runs and I got the setting dialed in.

GeekVape Aegis solo
tcr mode
temp 200-205
coil locked at 30
max wat 35
tcr 105

30mg spice loaded and fired...taken in one pull over about 6 sec
that was all she wrote

I have touched everything holy and it has touched me.
I'm really speechless. I've done tons of LSD and Mushies.
Many Heroic+ doses...
Nothing Compares.

Thank you all for sharing this tek.
Just be mindful for those using the VV mesh V2. 4cm will touch the top unless you position it just right. I actually didn't completely push the top on, leaving the o ring just barely exposed. Worked very well.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

mattw1994
#422 Posted : 2/8/2020 10:52:42 AM
DMT-Nexus member

The problem with the yocan evolve plus donut coil is that it can get clogged easily and liquid gets under the coil. Like the easy handling of it and that u can easily just put it right in but not worth it due to clogging and I dont like taking more than 2 hits to breakthrough. Have went away from the emesh at the moment after some failed attempts with barely touching the cap with the fixed mesh with propellos directions. As this changed the temperature dramatically and made it burn even if I thought it wasnt touching. So staying away from that at the moment. I have a classic vapor genie. Does that compare well to the gvg with if i use a torch and steel pad. Also might wanna try out the sai. Can this ever clog? and is it just the sai taf that needs to be purchased or do u need another thing to purchase to fit inside it?

zikzak
#423 Posted : 2/8/2020 11:10:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

mattw1994 wrote:
The problem with the yocan evolve plus donut coil is that it can get clogged easily and liquid gets under the coil. Like the easy handling of it and that u can easily just put it right in but not worth it due to clogging and I dont like taking more than 2 hits to breakthrough. Have went away from the emesh at the moment after some failed attempts with barely touching the cap with the fixed mesh with propellos directions. As this changed the temperature dramatically and made it burn even if I thought it wasnt touching. So staying away from that at the moment. I have a classic vapor genie. Does that compare well to the gvg with if i use a torch and steel pad. Also might wanna try out the sai. Can this ever clog? and is it just the sai taf that needs to be purchased or do u need another thing to purchase to fit inside it?

If going the cup atomizer route definitely check out the DT V4 (+titanium cup) instead of the Sai. It's likely the best cup atomizer on the market at this moment. It's very plug & play and not as much tinkering as direct mesh.

Eventually the M22 with ESCC will come out and it will likely take 1st place for best cup atomizer. However it will be quite a bit more expensive if you want to get the full benefits from it with temperature control and not only wattege mode as you would need to buy the dedicated mod for it.

mattw1994
#424 Posted : 2/10/2020 7:46:38 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Can anyone vouch yet for the dt v4 yet? Why are these titanium cups getting recommended? Do they not clog as easily? Isn't there a ceramic donut inside the Titanium buckets?

zikzak
#425 Posted : 2/13/2020 5:57:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

mattw1994 wrote:
Can anyone vouch yet for the dt v4 yet? Why are these titanium cups getting recommended? Do they not clog as easily? Isn't there a ceramic donut inside the Titanium buckets?

The ceramic donut is used as a heating element outside the titanium cup. So no clogging. The air flow is well designed and it heats up pretty quick.

Propello
#426 Posted : 2/14/2020 1:34:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

mattw1994 wrote:

The titanium cup is just a cup. Easy to clean and even to use when weighing the dose. The heating element is below the cup, so no clogging - ever.
The air canals are in the atomizer wall, so no clogging there either.

mattw1994
#427 Posted : 2/15/2020 8:29:47 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Just bought the dt v4 and am waiting for it in mail. Tons of good reviews on reddit about it and seems to be close to dab rig. Only thing is to get the temp to the right setting and maybe prevent splatter. Seems to heat up immediately. Will probly use my temp gun to find best settings for the device. I think the faint glow in the dark will be the right setting for this to prevent burning. Propello does your ti sai glow at all in dark at your setting?

Lampeyelittle
#428 Posted : 2/16/2020 12:06:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I was having fitting issues with the mesh coil on my Vandy Vesh V2, so I modified the design slightly and made a handy document to cut out and trace onto the wire sheet!

Here's the drawing:

Print on any 8.5"x11" paper (older prototype in picture):

In the bottom left hand corner is a 1:1 scale coil that you can cut out and trace onto your mesh sheet.

Finished product:

I hope this helps!

EDIT: Please be sure to pre-fire your coils to burn off any residue left by the marker and general manufacturing!
"And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know" - Kansas

Propello
#429 Posted : 2/16/2020 9:34:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you for sharing your outstanding work lampeyelittle.
Looks very good. Is it the 25mm mesh on the pics?

Blessings

Lampeyelittle
#430 Posted : 2/16/2020 4:49:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

That's correct, I forgot to take pictures when I was building the new coil. Very happy
I still have room to work with, so I'll keep experimenting to get the largest surface area possible.

Thank you so much for putting together such a wonderful guide. Cheers!
"And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know" - Kansas

reallynotimportant
#431 Posted : 2/17/2020 5:27:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

After reading through this thread, I am about to go to my local shop today and snag the wotofo profile mesh rda. I will be trying it with a Smok 220w alien tc, and if that doesnt work out well, I will be using my Aegis Legend Zeus with it. One question, does this rda come with mesh in box that will work for our needs? If not I will be ordering a roll of mesh today as well I guess. Updates later! Thanks for this thread as well, it is amazing <3
Don't worry, B. Caapi!

Propello
#432 Posted : 2/17/2020 7:21:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

reallynotimportant wrote:
After reading through this thread, I am about to go to my local shop today and snag the wotofo profile mesh rda. I will be trying it with a Smok 220w alien tc, and if that doesnt work out well, I will be using my Aegis Legend Zeus with it. One question, does this rda come with mesh in box that will work for our needs? If not I will be ordering a roll of mesh today as well I guess. Updates later! Thanks for this thread as well, it is amazing <3

The mesh included with the rda's is no good. Roll or even better, ss mesh sheet, is a must for this method.

Good luck mate

reallynotimportant
#433 Posted : 2/17/2020 7:58:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Propello wrote:

The mesh included with the rda's is no good. Roll or even better, ss mesh sheet, is a must for this method.

Good luck mate

Thanks, I think I found a good ss sheet on ebay for like 6 bucks. Will be snagging it. It makes me sad that I wont be able to try today =(

Edit:
https://www.ebay.com/itm...9363323?var=463046552856

or

https://www.amazon.com/1...-Aquariums/dp/B00HFA5OY0

Can someone confirm this is what I need? Sorry for newb questions, I just want to make sure I am doing this right. <3
Don't worry, B. Caapi!

Propello
#434 Posted : 2/19/2020 8:39:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The amazon one is sold out, but the ebay one is more than OK. It is probably ss304 so you need to set manual tcr on your mod.

Order the 100 microns sheet.

Much love

reallynotimportant
#435 Posted : 2/19/2020 2:18:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Propello wrote:
The amazon one is sold out, but the ebay one is more than OK. It is probably ss304 so you need to set manual tcr on your mod.

Order the 100 microns sheet.

Much love

Thanks fam, I will order a 12x12 sheet today. The excitement continues.
Don't worry, B. Caapi!

Propello
#436 Posted : 2/19/2020 3:16:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Lampeyelittle wrote:
That's correct, I forgot to take pictures when I was building the new coil. Very happy
I still have room to work with, so I'll keep experimenting to get the largest surface area possible.

I had to build the vandyvape mesh v2 myself, and you are right, you need shorter and narrover mesh for the V2. Since the cap is so thick/solid, it crushes and flattens any mesh setup larger than 1.2 x 1.2mm square flat area on top.

I must admit that the vandyvape mesh V1 is better for spice than the V2 IMHO. You got more space for the mesh in all directions.
So I'll stick to my VV mesh V1 for vaping crystal, and use the V2 on my squonker mod for vaping ordinary e-liquid.

For anyone using the vandy vape mesh V2, follow Lampeyelittle's instructions and design here: https://www.dmt-nexus.me...mp;m=1041730#post1041730

Safe travels.

reallynotimportant
#437 Posted : 2/20/2020 3:54:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Propello wrote:
Lampeyelittle wrote:

I had to build the vandyvape mesh v2 myself, and you are right, you need shorter and narrover mesh for the V2. Since the cap is so thick/solid, it crushes and flattens any mesh setup larger than 1.2 x 1.2mm square flat area on top.

I must admit that the vandyvape mesh V1 is better for spice than the V2 IMHO. You got more space for the mesh in all directions.
So I'll stick to my VV mesh V1 for vaping crystal, and use the V2 on my squonker mod for vaping ordinary e-liquid.

For anyone using the vandy vape mesh V2, follow Lampeyelittle's instructions and design here: https://www.dmt-nexus.me...mp;m=1041730#post1041730

Safe travels.

How does the wotofo profile compare to the vandy1 when it comes to the surface area you are able to create, if you are aware?
Don't worry, B. Caapi!

Teamleary
#438 Posted : 2/20/2020 10:34:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

TheGho$t wrote:
Ok after much tweaking of the 4cm mesh (vv 316 150 mesh)
I have concluded that the build box for the VV mesh v2 is taller so care needs to be taken to not touch the top.
A few small, 5-10 mg test runs and I got the setting dialed in.

GeekVape Aegis solo
tcr mode
temp 200-205
coil locked at 30
max wat 35
tcr 105

30mg spice loaded and fired...taken in one pull over about 6 sec
that was all she wrote

I have touched everything holy and it has touched me.
I'm really speechless. I've done tons of LSD and Mushies.
Many Heroic+ doses...
Nothing Compares.

Thank you all for sharing this tek.
Just be mindful for those using the VV mesh V2. 4cm will touch the top unless you position it just right. I actually didn't completely push the top on, leaving the o ring just barely exposed. Worked very well.

Hey! Thanks for sharing!
Can I ask you something? If you fire that setup (empty, no spice on it), what does the wattage do? how high does it go and how low does it "settle"? Thanks!
"How Small A Thought It Takes To Fill A Whole Life"
Wittgenstein

Propello
#439 Posted : 2/24/2020 3:21:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

How does the wotofo profile compare to the vandy1 when it comes to the surface area you are able to create, if you are aware?

I only have experience with the profile v1, not the v1.5 which is the latest version. The wotofo has a bit more narrow diameter, but it will work.

But the Vandy vape mesh rda v1 is still the rda which is the best IMHO. But this one is not so easy to find anymore.

reallynotimportant
#440 Posted : 2/24/2020 8:24:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Propello wrote:

I only have experience with the profile v1, not the v1.5 which is the latest version. The wotofo has a bit more narrow diameter, but it will work.

But the Vandy vape mesh rda v1 is still the rda which is the best IMHO. But this one is not so easy to find anymore.

Yeah I found one, that seemed like a knockoff, on some wish type site. I wasnt sure if that was a smart route to go. If you do come across some by happenstance I would love a dm. Thanks again for all your help, you are truly a gift =)
Don't worry, B. Caapi!

«PREV2021222324NEXT»