We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV1516171819NEXT»
The direct e-mesh thread. Options

Propello
#321 Posted : 11/27/2019 7:02:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

That's the way it works for me as well. Travels are better when the mood and energy is right.

Let us know how it works out next week Tim 🖖

BTW I have made a short e-mesh howto with images here:

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=92213

Blessings

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

mattw1994
#322 Posted : 11/27/2019 10:19:36 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I made a fixed mesh with the 100 micron ss. My voopoo drag read it at .16 ohms. It seems that if my ohms on my voopoo drag on not in the .2-.25 my temp is way off. My drag was set at 100 degrees celsius on my drag and the my temperature radar device read it at 300 degrees celsius.

Propello
#323 Posted : 11/27/2019 11:38:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The mesh doesn't touch the rda bottom? And glow evenly on top?
TCR?

I suppose the mesh glows bright?

Sounds weird. Can you please provide more information about your setup, and possibly pics?

some one
#324 Posted : 11/28/2019 12:54:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Instead of manual TCR he uses a SS preset with unknown TCR. I think the voodoo might give a too high temp with that preset. Seems like the Voodoo also has stability issues measuring the correct resistance.

mattw1994, In my opinion TC is superior to Wattage mode, but.. If you are up for it you could experiment with Watts to add data to the discussion. I got 22W to work, but that's a single try by a single person. Watts would be a 'one setting fits all devices' solution. You eliminate wrong temps and don't need to mess with TCR. Would help people who own a modbox without TC or with poor a TC algorithm.

Teamleary, I was wondering how you were doing. Nice to hear back from you with good news! Oh I know that voice in the head all too well saying now is not the right time. But like Prop says I guess it makes sense to feel when the timing is better. 'Better' is good enough as 'right' never comes lol.

Propello, great post in the vape section! I think we can consider this tek solid now.

Aum_Shanti, great respect to you for thinking this tool up! Can't believe I didn't notice and ignored your initial posts when you first mentioned the idea. Glad you later posted about it again, gave some more info and that Prop created this topic.
some = one | here = some | there = one

some one
#325 Posted : 11/28/2019 12:55:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Let's celebrate where we are with some quotes of people's e-mesh reactions:

Aum_Shanti wrote:
Since I switched to direct e-mesh vaping, I never looked back again at all other teks I tried before. Basically for any substance.

Propello wrote:
Best i have tried so far, matches the vaporgenie.

mycowong wrote:
I'm pretty sure you can breakthrough with about 15-25mg in this thing. I use it on wattage mode at 45w. I usually heat It up to 50% then hit it near the end of the draw to get the most concentrated hit. Then I hold until I need another breath. Then break through lol every time.

enlightenedvoyager wrote:
Oh my! This thing is insanely effective Surprised The build was extremely easy so once I’d got a flat shelf for the molecule to sit I added 15mg ( tester dose ). I set temp control to 210 ( I tried 180 first but heat up was a little slow ) and 25w with air flow half open. Couple of clicks to melt the magick into the mesh. Cap back on n cleared it all easily with 1 draw. No taste, no smell. Held forever lol so minimal vapour on the exhale but more than normal at this low a dose using other devices. Pretty much instantly the room turns into fractals and I start to laugh at my dog who now has an Aztec type head Laughing Obviously no breakthrough at this dose but honestly, I’ve done many low ‘tester’ doses with new devices n this is the strongest 15mg yet. I can see 30mg being a 1 hit breakthrough for sure. It’s gonna be so easy to clear 30mg and more with this method as it’s like smoking air. Amazing! Thank you so much to aum_shanti for bringing this method to light and thank you for testing the method and for helping me out Thumbs up

I checked the mesh afterwards n it was totally clean. Like nothing had been on it. It also hasn’t made my new RDA smell which is pretty amazing as we all know how this stuff stinks up most devices.

I’ve just thrown out my Yocan and the machine will be no more. Can’t wait to try a breakthrough dose with this beast! More than happy!

Happy travels folks Big grin

30mg tested Friday Shocked Absolutely mind blowing! I’m still processing it all now ( trying not to forget it ). Full breakthrough into totally awe, beauty and love. I was being shown the workings of another dimension and the beauty of it was beyond what I can put into words. I came-to with my jaw on the floor with dribble down my chin ( very glamorous ) Laughing All I kept saying was ‘wow, yes, yes, wow, omg wow lol.

I can’t even remember going through the jester tunnel or waiting room. I cleared the 30mg in one hit n held it in that long I couldn’t remember blowing it back out n then within an instant I was there n it was just full of love and beauty. I didn’t even get the high pitched reality tearing apart sound. It was that quick. Instant breakthrough!

This method is genius Thumbs up I went for 220 temp n 30w this time n that’s what I’m gonna stick with, I reckon. I used a new mesh n I must admit I did struggle a little getting the whole 30mg onto it. What I did in the end was added half the 30mg, melted that n then added the other half n melted that. It worked a treat but I often did this when loading my machine.

This method is definitely on par with a dab rig with quartz banger but soooo much better as no glassware to break n no torch lighter to deal with when your reality is being ripped apart. Never used a gvg so can’t comment but this is my go-to method from now on Surprised

Mesh was totally clean again after use n still my rda doesn’t smell. Nice Thumbs up

Crispycat wrote:
ok geared up after reading your ideas, and got to say wow!
15mg white spice on a wotofo profile with vandy vape ss316l 400 mesh 43ohm/ft on a smoant naboo mod

before even exhaling the CEV start changing from moving geometric patterns into moving 2d creatures! alot like the dragon in this music video:
"Fever The Ghost - SOURCE"

thought it would be a lot milder as this stage has taken me 20 to 25 mg to get to previously with yocan evolve plus and green Buddha methods! im sure a little more on the mesh would of pulled me into that 3d tunnel which i would not of been prepared for Big grin

spices instantly vaporise with one touch of the fire pin at 120c/250f no burn no mess barely any taste just pure wow!Thumbs up

You’re gonna love it Big grin My VV mesh RDA is the best bit of kit I’ve bought, ever Laughing So easy to clear all in one hit too Thumbs up I use the same mesh. Works a treat!

some one wrote:
So, I just used the device. I aimed for a small test dose of around 20mg. Used 200c and 35w. Got all in within 10 seconds.

WOW! OMG! So easy. No taste. One hit. So strong for 20mg! Total awe. I'm trashing all my other devices. dmt-nexus, delete all smoking forums, we found the holy grail!
Big grin

Broccoli555 wrote:
Let me just start off by thanking everyone in this thread and forum for sharing the knowledge of this wonderful molecule and the easiest way to utilize it.

Took all in one 5 to 7 sec hit. Immediate body effects and about 5 sec I was off into another land. No burnt spice, mesh was clean. Smooth vapor, no harsh hit or throat burn. And no fiddling around with the fire button just inhale and fire.

From my limited use of different teks, the e-mesh method easily beats out the yocan Magento in every aspect of use except for set up process.

Thank you all again for sharing this wonderful method.

sbc1 wrote:
just tried 5mg to test the waters and it nearly blew my head off, wasn't expecting that off 5mg, could do with a bigger surface area than the vandy ss mesh, other than that its awesome

mattw1994 wrote:
Tried this method for the first time after receiving my drip tip. Put in about 33 mg and broke through and I didn't even finish it. This is my new favorite method because you only need 1 hit to blast off and it is so smooth.

Lindsay2260 wrote:
Wow. Just wow. 35W, 190°c - lift off. Thanks 🍺

(Voopoo drag 2 mini, 810 pyrex driptip, vandy vape rda, SS316L)

skoobysnax wrote:
Finally tested 20 mg just to see if my settings were good.

cleared quickly in one inhale. Not harsh but could maybe drop 5C and see if it is smoother. The Aegis is aa win. Leaves my eleaf Pico as a chargerLaughing
Thx everyone for the hand up! So amazing!

Teamleary wrote:
Just "woaw"!

I wasn't expecting such a blast. Crazy. Beautiful and unexpected sub-bt!

THANK YOU ALL! Especially Some One and Propello! It is the easiest way!

mattw1994
#326 Posted : 11/28/2019 2:40:52 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I am not sure how you guys fit your spice on top of the vandy vape spool. It is too thin and I have dropped a ton everytime. Buying the fixed sheet the propello recommended is way better and makes it so much easier to load. My Voopoo drag 2 has an automatic SS preset choice which I am choosing so I do not have the choice to change my tcr but it does show the ohms and thats it. I have a temperature gun that I would highly recommend. You can get it on amazon for 12 bucks and you can see if your mod is putting out the right temp. It seems with the fixed sheet that I am putting on my voopoo it is giving me .14 ohms. With this I can see it glowing at 100 degrees celsius. This should not happen. I tested the gun on it and it said over 300 degrees celsius. I think this is because the voopoo drag 2 cannot read the thicker wire for this fixed mesh properly.

mattw1994
#327 Posted : 11/28/2019 3:37:28 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I pushed the mesh further down into the rda and screwed it in and the readings seem to be a little more accurate. I get the faint glow at 155 degrees celsius in the dark but the glow seems to be close to the sides where it is plugged in.

Propello
#328 Posted : 11/28/2019 7:39:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Matt
The legs will glow a bit brighter. Which max wattage do you have on your Voopoo?

The resistance sounds good

If you see the faint red glow, you can try it out. Should be correct.

Some one
Thanks for your work 👍

some one
#329 Posted : 11/28/2019 11:49:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I think he uses 35W limit, right Matt? When the ohm is correct, does your modbox display the same temp as the temp gun?
Just give it a try like Prop says. And if you feel like it give Wattage mode a test like I mentioned in my previous post.

The VV spool is a bit narrow indeed, but can be used for testing purposes. Instead of loading 30mg at ones, you can load 10mg, melt in and repeat 2 more times. It works, but takes effort and care not to spill on the RDA. When you are happy with the device you should preferably either:

- buy a 100 mesh screen which you cut wider as per Propello tek, loading spice vertically
- buy a 100 mesh screen which you cut longer as per Aum_Shanti tek, loading spice horizontally and build a custom RDA top

mattw1994
#330 Posted : 11/29/2019 12:03:50 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Yea I have it set up 35 watts. Have not tried any dose with the fixed 100 micron mesh that I bought. The fixed mesh cut into Propello recommendations makes it so much easier to load. With the vandy vape spool 150 micron mesh I spilled half of my spice each time I loaded it and probly lost some in the process so I never knew the actual dose that landed on the mesh.I tried loading the spice on the 100 micron fixed mesh and did not spill a crumb. Now I can actually know the exact amount I am taking in.

By the way, I could not find Lindsays drip tip online. Some one I like your drip tip a lot. What is the name of your drip tip? I tried to look online and could not find it. My drip tip makes my set up look more sketchy like it is used for drugs and it is also hard to see vapor coming in even though it is clear. Right now I am using the transparent bent drip tip(comes up in google search as first pic)

Lindsay2260
#331 Posted : 11/30/2019 5:26:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

mattw1994
#332 Posted : 12/1/2019 2:17:37 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I don’t live in that region so I can’t buy it Lindsay

some one
#333 Posted : 12/2/2019 1:59:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

mattw1994 wrote:
With the vandy vape spool 150 micron mesh I spilled half of my spice each time I loaded it and probly lost some in the process so I never knew the actual dose that landed on the mesh.I tried loading the spice on the 100 micron fixed mesh and did not spill a crumb. Now I can actually know the exact amount I am taking in.

The advantage of the VV mesh roll is that when you load around 100mg without scale, half will fall off and save your baked ass from hyperslap spanking Big grin

mattw1994 wrote:
By the way, I could not find Lindsays drip tip online. Some one I like your drip tip a lot. What is the name of your drip tip? I tried to look online and could not find it. My drip tip makes my set up look more sketchy like it is used for drugs and it is also hard to see vapor coming in even though it is clear.

It's been a while, I can't remember where I bought mine. But.. The VV RDA has a 810 opening, but comes with a cross-over to narrow the opening to 510. Meaning you can either buy a 510 or 810 glass drip tip (search both). For example on ebay.

510 drip tip = 8.5mm in diameter
810 drip tip = 12.5mm in diameter

Let us know what temp your temp-gun measures your mesh to be at the correct ohm and if you ever try wattage mode.

Propello
#334 Posted : 12/2/2019 7:57:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Matt, use s dab tool, load some spice, melt, load some spice etc. One hand should always keep the mod stable on the table, while loading the spice with the other hand.
I also find it easy to load the spice with a folded piece of paper/carton. business cards with coateing are superb.

Touching the mesh is a disaster with spice bouncing everywhere, and you need to start all over scaling etc. As you say, the fitted e-mesh eliminates the loading troubles, but those who use the vandy vape mesh roll strips must be careful to avoid spice falling off the mesh surface.

Please always scale your dose. There is no going back with this method

Safe travels 🖖

Steffen335
#335 Posted : 12/3/2019 5:00:25 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi again!

After many experiments, I'd like to share my final setup.

Parts

Standard stuff:

1) a mod (I’m using Vaporesso Gen),
2) Wotofo Profile RDA (the bottom part),
3) VandyVape SS316L 150 mesh,

Innovation:

4) GlassCo ISO 29/32 joint tube (002.202.07) @ http://glasscolabs.com/p...-cone-unprinted-din-iso/
5) two O-rings (thickness: 1.5 mm, inner diameter: 18 mm - these are ideal - buy more!)

Optionally:

6) GlassCo 29/32->19/26 adapter (014.202.04) for a 19 mm water filter (there's also one for 14 mm available) @ http://glasscolabs.com/product/expansion-adapter/
7) a water filter/bubbler/whatnot

Setup

You need to drill a single Ø 5 mm hole, starting ↔ 10 mm from the tube edge (see the photo). This configuration works best, IMO.

Notes

I suggest buying a few more tubes, just in case, because glass is hard to drill in. I had it drilled by a local glazier for around $2.50. Be persistent, because at first my guy said it's impossible, but then was able to drill all 4 holes I commissioned just fine. This lab glass is probably sturdier than he expected.

Thanks to using glass, everything inside is visible to the sitter, so they know precisely when to take the device out of your hands. I prefer to set the temperature to 240°C (in TC mode), to have everything vaporized in a single 2-3 second toke.

The connection between glass and RDA using those bigger O-rings feels very tight, sturdy, it doesn't wobble at all. I was surprised, it's like a single piece.

Also, a fun quirk is that this particular hole configuration (Ø 5 mm, ↔ 10 mm) whistles audibly, hah.

Photos

Propello
#336 Posted : 12/3/2019 8:17:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Nice and impressive setup Steffen!
I like the idea with the glass tube.
Is it one hole for airflow there, or is it two?

I suppose you need to hold the mod/rda horizontal when loading and vaping, and that can be a problem without spilling crystals.
Have you tried it? Would be nice to see an image with spice loaded and melted.

I think you need a tube with a 90 degrees angle to hold the mesh and gear horizontal in the last image. A connected water bong can be a bit stress if you travel without a sitter. Easier to just put the mod / rda somewhere at lift off in my humble opinion.

Please let us know how it works out with your setup when you have tried it out. I'll order a tube myself and try it with my fitted mesh setup as in your first image, but with horizontal fitted mesh.

Blessings

Steffen335
#337 Posted : 12/3/2019 8:48:43 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi, Propello! =)

Thank you. <3 It wouldn't happen without your invaluable ideas!

It's just one hole. I tried drilling two holes in my first tube, but then the airflow was too big. It felt weird, I had to seal it. On the other hand, a single Ø 5 mm feels great. (Notice that you're constantly sucking the air out of that tube, so it goes up anyway - it does not hit the glass walls and crystallize, as my first intuition was.)

You need to hold it horizontally when loading - yes. I got that idea from previous posts here - I think from "some one"?

I have never used more than 30 mg so far, so I can melt the crystals into that long mesh (on TC @ 100°C - minimal setting on my device) in a rather thin layer. Then you can hold the vape however you want - even upside down as in that last picture with the water filter. It works, and doesn't spill the hot crystals. Smile I think it's because the melted layer is quite thin - it vaporizes pretty much instantly.

My favorite way is to lay down under a blanket, and vaporize horizontally (or even slightly upside down), without water filtration.

Indeed, I would never use a bong/water filter without a sitter, hah! But even then, it's just distilled water on your bed, so maybe some people will find it plausible.

But sure, I'll post a picture with 25 mg melted into it for reference, in a few days - I used it today and have to integrate the experience first. Razz

I'm sure horizontal mesh will work as well! I just wanted to have large surface area, so that it vapes instantly (30 mg in less than 3 seconds), and can be held upside down (for my water filter).

Blessings to you, too! <3

Propello
#338 Posted : 12/3/2019 10:37:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the information Steffen. Very interesting.

Safe travels mate 👍

Teamleary
#339 Posted : 12/4/2019 9:10:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

some one wrote:

Teamleary, I was wondering how you were doing. Nice to hear back from you with good news! Oh I know that voice in the head all too well saying now is not the right time. But like Prop says I guess it makes sense to feel when the timing is better. 'Better' is good enough as 'right' never comes lol.

SO TRUE!

Thank you for your thoughts! What a great community we have here.

I just tried again tonight (felt like the right moment), I'm gonna post about it now!
"How Small A Thought It Takes To Fill A Whole Life"
Wittgenstein

some one
#340 Posted : 12/6/2019 9:22:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Cheers Teamleary.

Steffen335, thats a really cool hack you did there I love the glass. You seem to be using a higher temp. Are you on the SS316 preset or manual TCR mode (if TCR, which value)? Is the smoke hot /harsh that you need the water extension, or can you inhale straight from the glass join tube without issue?

«PREV1516171819NEXT»