We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV123
So I spoke in TONGUES for the first time... Options

wingchun
#41 Posted : 9/23/2012 11:12:31 AM

Sifu

On Toungues....

Have seen it a few times in some pretty twilight zone christian groups,
They say, quoting bible - Given to edify the soul, that is strengthen the being that it occurs in...To understand it, requires "the gift of translation" generally given sepeartely, (at least that is the charasmatic belief system.. last I heard)

Usually onset using a verbal mantra, similar to the "Hail Mary", seen a similar kind of phenomenon in Asia, with spirit inspired babble speak, through possession/channeling rituals.

I've seen "Halelujah" used often, particularly if you sing/say the word
harmonically as 4 tones...

Like the comment about some kind of re-calibration, sounds on the mark...
Seems like it achieved it's intended cause - you mention several times
that your "rational mind" is just going like - "wtf? Where did that come from?"
Thus your belief in the spiritual reality has been "edyfied"

Very cool report - thanks for sharing.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Ancotar
#42 Posted : 9/25/2012 3:39:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

jamie wrote:
I find it hard to believe anyone is smoking 3 grams of DMT in a few hours...

and if you are...mmm uh..maybe try a new smoking method?

But if you are smoking that much and getting full effects than your mind must be quite blown afterwords!... ...since that is like 20-60 strong breakthroughs in a few hours at say 50mg each..plus harmalas...Shocked is that even possible?

Just in case someone reads this and doesnt know dosages and thinks they too can smoke 3 grams in a few hours!...that is one HUGE pile of spice...a gram of white spice smoked with harmalas for me is like 20-40 doses..and that is breakthrough doses

Agreed.

Good lord, if you vape just 0.2g's correctly, you're flying high, and that's without harmalas in the mix! I guess it just depends on one's own physique and tolerance, but good lord that's a lot of spice! Surprised

Can't say I've ever spoken in tongues but I have definitely gone into deep, shamanic trances. Those are definitely interesting.
"We speak of Time and Mind, which do not easily yield to catagories. We separate past and future and find that Time is an amalgam of both. We separate good and evil and find that Mind is an amalgam of both. To understand, we must grasp the whole." -Isaac Asimov

"You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger." -Buddha

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when my fear is gone I will turn and face fear's path, and only I will remain." -Paul Atreides, while being tested with the Gom Jabbar by the Reverend Mother Gaius Helen Mohiam

universecannon
#43 Posted : 9/25/2012 5:20:22 AM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

Ancotar wrote:
jamie wrote:

But if you are smoking that much and getting full effects than your mind must be quite blown afterwords!... ...since that is like 20-60 strong breakthroughs in a few hours at say 50mg each..plus harmalas...Shocked is that even possible?

Just in case someone reads this and doesnt know dosages and thinks they too can smoke 3 grams in a few hours!...that is one HUGE pile of spice...a gram of white spice smoked with harmalas for me is like 20-40 doses..and that is breakthrough doses

Agreed.

Good lord, if you vape just 0.2g's correctly, you're flying high, and that's without harmalas in the mix! I guess it just depends on one's own physique and tolerance, but good lord that's a lot of spice! Surprised

Can't say I've ever spoken in tongues but I have definitely gone into deep, shamanic trances. Those are definitely interesting.

That post is almost 3 years old you know Wink

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

Eliyahu
#44 Posted : 9/26/2012 9:00:28 PM
סנדלפון

I personally believe the purpose of speaking in tounges in a divine sort of way anyhow is to bring about vibratory healing. The tones of the languages spoken have a special vibrational energy that does certain things and can open up certain doors.

This is why speaking in tounges is very strongly discouraged to do for purposes of public display...it's supposed to be a very private healing thing.

Revivalists are just nuts IMO, if there is any tounge speaking going on there it is purley demonic and/or make believe as fas as I'm concerned.

And why do you look at the speck in your brother's eye, but do not percieve the plank in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, "brother let me remove the speck from your eye", when you yourself do not see the plank that is in your own eye?-Yeshua ben Yoseph

Ancotar
#45 Posted : 9/29/2012 6:31:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

universecannon wrote:
Ancotar wrote:
jamie wrote:

Agreed.

That post is almost 3 years old you know Wink

Haha, I guess I didn't notice the dates when I was reading everything! Razz No worries! I very much enjoy reading everyones' thoughts on this and other matters! Smile
"We speak of Time and Mind, which do not easily yield to catagories. We separate past and future and find that Time is an amalgam of both. We separate good and evil and find that Mind is an amalgam of both. To understand, we must grasp the whole." -Isaac Asimov

"You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger." -Buddha

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when my fear is gone I will turn and face fear's path, and only I will remain." -Paul Atreides, while being tested with the Gom Jabbar by the Reverend Mother Gaius Helen Mohiam

DoctorMantus
#46 Posted : 12/5/2012 6:21:55 AM

Hyperspace Architect/Doctor

could speaking in tongues be a form of visual language?
"You are an explorer, and you represent our species, and the greatest good you can do is to bring back a new idea, because our world is endangered by the absence of good ideas. Our world is in crisis because of the absence of consciousness."
— Terence McKenna

"They Say It helps when you close yours eyes cowboy"

AlbertKLloyd
#47 Posted : 12/14/2012 6:50:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I used to belong to a religion that had a different definition of speaking in tongues, they also claimed it happened all the time.

In this case a person would have a message for another person, who spoke a language that the first person did not know, and then the first person speaks the message, in the language they do not know, with perfect fluency, but only for the duration of the message and then they cannot speak it.

It is said that the spirit of god was doing this, allowing them to speak in languages they did not know, but fluently and accurately, for specific purposes and reasons.

Neat stuff whatever the case.

My son had a seizure once in his sleep and spoke gibberish, we took him to the hospital, it was not the kind of seizure where you twitch, his eyes were dilated and he could not speak English and could not respond to words, but it looked like he was trying, but all he could make were just strange syllables and noises. It was very frightening as a parent. He was sleepwalking at the time and had a fever as well. The fever may have caused it according to the doctor, who described it as a classic form of a specific type of seizure that happens when the brain malfunctions.

http://en.wikipedia.org/...Glossolalia#Neuroscience
I find the studies of this phenomena interesting.
http://jnumedmtg.snmjour...abstract/47/suppl_1/316P
http://www.nytimes.com/2...health/07brain.html?_r=0
http://www.amebrasil.org.br/html/Newberg2006.pdf

Glossolalia
#48 Posted : 10/17/2015 9:16:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

DMT makes me babble in tongues, like I'm in David Lynch's "red room". Hence my screen name.
I contradict myself? Very well, I contradict myself. I am large. I contain multitudes. — Walt Whitman

FLeP
#49 Posted : 10/19/2015 2:45:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

This is actually a really cool thread to resurrect. I've experienced glossolalia on an eighth of cubensis mushrooms before and it felt great! I don't remember thinking that anything I said meant anything specific but I remember distinctly feeling as though the words were not nonesense. The glossolalia occured while in bed having a visionary style trip rather than a recreational style experience. I was definitely deep in shroom space and having many of the positive effects associated with mushrooms such as deep feelings of spiritual and emotional healing.

Intezam
#50 Posted : 10/22/2015 8:33:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Glossolalia is the same as speaking in foreign tongues? Like suddenly speaking the language of the birdppl?

Infectedstyle
#51 Posted : 1/10/2016 10:18:20 AM
I compulsively post from time to time

does it count to hear like a snake hissing and understanding the vibrational tone and the message it's trying to convey . hiss means. Hi and Hiss means Happy

flickedbic
#52 Posted : 1/19/2016 8:02:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Double post, edited.
All readable matter in the above post is ficticious.

Any similarities to real life are purely coincidental.

Without prejudice.

flickedbic
#53 Posted : 1/19/2016 8:04:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The trip experience cannot be englished. This is where glossolalia/neologism comes in handy. Seeming mishmash, but richly descriptive and creative. I also feel it changes reality, a saying of what must be said, but then I see all things as connected and interdependent anyways...

On my 50mg 4-AcO lemonade I had this wide amorphous ectoplasm blob stream floating out of my mouth. Before the trip our homie showed us the trashcan to use for anything... and that's where I directed my billowy stream. I should have spread it out with my hands to look through...

Before this we were glossalizing to communicate and I was rolling around and strummed the cover of my closed dead laptop like an electric guitar (still connected through the wall speaker) - and it worked - loudly resounding a thunderous chord!

I think there could be a connection between meaningful glossolalic creation and this ectoplasmic formation. And 4-AcO is known, IMO, for encouraging glossolalia.

Terrence McKenna talks about this:

Quote:
The fractal elves seem to be reassuring, saying, "Don't worry, don't worry; do this, look at this." Meanwhile, one is completely "over there." One's ego is intact. One's fear reflexes are intact. One is not "fuzzed out" at all. Consequently, the natural reaction is amazement; profound astonishment that persists and persists. One breathes and it persists. The elves are saying, "Don't get a loop of wonder going that quenches your ability to understand. Try not to be so amazed. Try to focus and look at what we're doing." What they're doing is emitting sounds like music, like language. These sounds pass without any quantized moment of distinction - as Philo Judaeus said that the Logos would when it became perfect - from things heard to things beheld. One hears and beholds a language of alien meaning that is conveying alien information that cannot be Englished.

Being monkeys, when we encounter a translinguistic object, a kind of cognitive dissonance is set up in our hindbrain. We try to pour language over it and it sheds it like water off a duck's back. We try again and fail again, and this cognitive dissonance, this "wow" or "flutter" that is building off this object causes wonder, astonishment and awe at the brink of terror. One must control that. And the way to control it is to do what the entities are telling ine to do, to do what they are doing.

I mention these "effects" to invite the attention of experimentalists, whether they be shamans or scientists. There is something going on with these compounds that is not part of the normal presentational spectrum of hallucinogenic drug experience. When one begins to experiment with one's voice, unanticipated phenomena become possible. One experiences glossolalia, although unlike classical glossolalia, which has been studied. Students of classical glossolalia have measured pools of saliva eighteen inches across on the floors of South American churches where people have been kneeling. After classical glossolalia has occurred, the glossolaliasts often turn to ask the people nearby, "Did I do it? Did I speak in tongues?" This hallucinogen induced phenomenon isn't like that; it's simply a brain state that allows the expression of the assembly language that lies behind language, or a primal language of the sort that Robert Graves discussed in The White Goddess, or a Kabbalistic language of the sort that is described in the Zohar, a primal "ur sprach" that comes out of oneself. One discovers one can make the extradimensional objects - the feeling-toned, meaning-toned, three-dimensional rotating complexes of transforming light and color. To know this is to feel like a child. One is playing with colored balls; one has become the Aeon.

http://deoxy.org/t_thc.htm

Dennis describes the connection between the tryptamine buzz and the violet psychofluid, as discovered by Terence:

Quote:
“The D.M.T.-initiated state, which allows prolonged bursts of this vocal energy, he describes as being one of seeing the levels of sound become more dense as they finally materialize into small, gnome-like, machine-like creatures made of material like obsidian froth, which pours from the body, mouth, and sex organs as long as the sound continues. It is effervescent, phosphorescent and indescribable. Here is where the linguistic metaphors become useless, for what the material actually is, is a supralinguistic matter; it is a language, but not made of words- a language which becomes and which is the things it describes. It is a more perfect archetypal Logos. We are convinced that through experimentation with these vocal phenomena, with and without the aid of drugs, it will be possible to understand and use translinguistic matter to accomplish any reality, for to say anything in this voice is to cause that thing to happen!”

Krystal Cole talks about psychedelic glossolalia as a way to possibly get calmer and higher based on a scientific study of glossolalia, in the video "Psychedelic Glossolalia": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pibpO9HKM-w

Quote:
For anyone who speaks in a tongue does not speak to people but to God. Anyone who speaks in a tongue edifies themselves... I would like every one of you to speak in tongues...
1 Corinthians 14
All readable matter in the above post is ficticious.

Any similarities to real life are purely coincidental.

Without prejudice.

Koornut
#54 Posted : 1/19/2016 8:10:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Infectedstyle wrote:
does it count to hear like a snake hissing and understanding the vibrational tone and the message it's trying to convey . hiss means. Hi and Hiss means Happy

10 points for slytherin Cool
Inconsistency is in my nature.
The simple PHYLLODE tek

I'm just waiting for these bloody plants to grow

PREV123