We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Psychoplastogens Options

RhythmSpring
#21 Posted : 6/26/2021 5:52:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

We wouldn't want to have any FUN while we heal, now would we?
From the unspoken
Grows the once broken

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

dithyramb
#22 Posted : 6/26/2021 7:31:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I can't claim this with certainty because the research might not have been properly done, however I would guess that there can not be a "psychoplastogen" that does not have "psychedelic" effects. At the very least they should be less effective in that way

BTW, psychedelics don't necessarily transform people for the better either... All too often the shift is temporary, and sometimes the shift is into a worse, dark direction. Proper intention is vital with psychedelics, seeing them as mere substances with mechanistic effects is a pitfall which we have yet to culturally overcome.
The consciousness of plants is a constant source of information for medicine, alimentation, and art, and an example of the intelligence and creative imagination of nature. Much of my education I owe to the intelligence of these great teachers. Thus I consider myself to be the “representative” of plants, and for this reason I assert that if they cut down the trees and burn what’s left of the rainforests, it is the same as burning a whole library of books without ever having read them.

~ Pablo Amaringo

downwardsfromzero
#23 Posted : 6/27/2021 12:39:19 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Noticed this inaccuracy in the Forbes article:
Quote:
Patients on SSRIs also should not take psychedelics for risk of adverse reactions.
Patients on SSRIs shouldn't bother taking psychedelics because they won't work - but has anyone ever examined whether the neuroplasticity effects still occur when co-administering SSRIs with serotonergic psychedelics?

Safety restatement: do not combine SSRIs with MAOIs including RIMAs such as harmala alkaloids found in ayahuasca or Syrian rue.

Quote:
he views the psychedelic experience as an “intolerable, deleterious” side effect
I bet he's fun at parties...

Quote:
But if he’s successful with his moonshot mission, well, he doesn’t mince words: “It’ll transform humanity,” he says.
A mission to allow soldiers to carry on killing people without suffering PTSD? Sounds rather suspect to me - give that guy some shrooms and a hug.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Tomtegubbe
#24 Posted : 6/27/2021 4:02:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Have you experimented with Lion's mane? I have taken it a couple of times, but can't really tell the difference. I believe it is useful, but don't really know what kind of intention I should put into using it.
My preferred method:
Very easy pharmahuasca recipe

My preferred introductory article:
Just a Wee Bit More About DMT, by Nick Sand

downwardsfromzero
#25 Posted : 6/28/2021 10:46:35 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Loveall wrote:
Here is a new article discussing this topic with input from Rick Doblin (spoiler: he doesn't seem too warm to the idea of using resources to remove the psychedelic effects at this time).

https://www.forbes.com/s...roth-mindmed-darpa-maps/

This thread is discussing the same matter. Title of the thread is unclear about this, unfortunately.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."

shroombee
#26 Posted : 6/28/2021 11:38:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
Patients on SSRIs shouldn't bother taking psychedelics because they won't work - but has anyone ever examined whether the neuroplasticity effects still occur when co-administering SSRIs with serotonergic psychedelics?

Safety restatement: do not combine SSRIs with MAOIs including RIMAs such as harmala alkaloids found in ayahuasca or Syrian rue.

Hmmm... isn't THH an SSRI? So what's the deal with combining it with harmine/harmaline and using it to potentiate psychedelics like psilocybin and mescaline? Is there some risk here?

downwardsfromzero
#27 Posted : 6/29/2021 12:21:21 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

shroombee wrote:
downwardsfromzero wrote:

Hmmm... isn't THH an SSRI? So what's the deal with combining it with harmine/harmaline and using it to potentiate psychedelics like psilocybin and mescaline? Is there some risk here?

Good question, although I was being over-cautious on the safety statement as a matter of habit. Since THH is only a weak inhibitor of serotonin uptake, this may distinguish it from the synthetic pharmaceutical SSRIs which are designed to be active at lower doses and with higher levels of efficacy. Thereby pharmaceutical SSRIs contribute to a greater buildup of extracellular serotonin than THH does, thus leading to the danger of serotonin syndrome. Although that doesn't answer why THH apparently doesn't cause serotonin syndrome at lower doses, nor why it doesn't appear to adversely affect the efficacy of psychedelics. It clearly has pharmacological properties that differ significantly from the typical pharmaceutical SSRIs, just as harmala alkaloids differ from the irreversible MAOIs.

I'll be honest - I don't know right now, but I'm sure that between us all we can find out.

Also, I wouldn't exclude the possibility that extremely high doses of ayahuasca could cause seerotonin syndrome. And then on the other hand we may, IIRC, see some level of blocking of the 5-HT receptor sites by the harmala alkaloids that perhaps attenuates the ability for elevated levels of serotonin to cause over-activation of the 5-HT receptors.

This seems like an important thing to read up on so it'll be on my list for the coming weeks. Any further pointers gratefully accepted.

Now, off to bed before I spout any further nonsense. Smile

Loveall
#28 Posted : 2/24/2023 11:04:33 PM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

Follow up publication:

"Psychedelics promote neuroplasticity through the activation of intracellular 5-HT2A receptors"

https://www.science.org/.../10.1126/science.adf0435

If anyone can get the full text and post it I'd appreciate it. Sci hub does not appear to have it. Thanks.

Edit: General audience/press write-up: https://thedebrief.org/m...ural-connections-solved/
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

_Trip_
#29 Posted : 2/25/2023 1:20:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

:
Disclaimer: All my posts are of total fiction.

Loveall
#30 Posted : 2/25/2023 4:49:43 AM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

_Trip_ wrote:
:

Thanks! 🙏
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

CosmicLion
#31 Posted : 2/25/2023 3:57:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So some of those studies mentioned are from David Olson...

His lab is doing a lot of work with psychoplastogen research, they've been studying harmalas, ibogaine, LSD, psilocybin and DMT...

They have some interesting info on their site too:

https://www.olsonlab.org/

Also, they absolutely don't think psychedelics are "bad"... They are very much pro-psychedelic... But part of the new research (and funding) is in psychoplastogens and creating new medications

Pleased

Thumbs up
-Eternally Romping the Astral Savannahlands-

PREV12