We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Frustrated Psychonaut Options

Maxtraxx
#21 Posted : 2/14/2019 5:35:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

How do you feel about talking to your new Doc about your plans?
For me, in the past, it has always depended on my own desire, to either share my experiences, or not. I "know" that the Doc can't disclose anything that I say, to anyone else. But that was never the point. Some of them, I just did not want to share with. Others, I did.

And those (two) were more helpful than the others anyway, IMO.
If they weren't charging an arm and a leg, I even would have asked one to sit with me.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

jaychap1590
#22 Posted : 2/14/2019 1:58:40 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Maxtraxx wrote:
How do you feel about talking to your new Doc about your plans?

basically, all I said to him was that I had increasingly began to doubt the efficacy of serotonin and dopamine-affecting drugs in my particular case and that I wanted to try something I hadn't been on before. I suggested an MAOI, like Parnate, but he dissuaded me saying they have a lot of side-effects. I had my pharmacy print out a list of every medication I've been on since I had been diagnosed as bipolar in 2015 so he had a very specific idea of what had worked for me and what had not, along with the records of my previous doctors to go by.

Hotspur922
#23 Posted : 2/14/2019 9:28:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

My wife has smoked DMT 3 times now and no effect at all.

she is on lexapro only 10mg ed.... could be the reason

she did trip on 2 grams P.Allenni with 3 grams syrian rue, i'm sure the rue helped.

jaychap1590
#24 Posted : 2/15/2019 6:42:28 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hotspur922 wrote:
My wife has smoked DMT 3 times now and no effect at all.

she is on lexapro only 10mg ed.... could be the reason

yeah, I'm still trying to get the feel of LSD and psilocybin before jumping into DMT

hopefully, the new meds I just started will help by not flooding my brain with serotonin 24/7 Smile

the lexapro (escitalopram) is most certainly the culprit, as it's an SSRI (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor)

PREV12