We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
ORGANIC DMT extraction method: Is reliable? Options

Brennendes Wasser
#21 Posted : 1/18/2019 2:29:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

WhiteDemon wrote:
Your body can't break these molecules down. That means years from now those bits of naptha or xylene that you inhaled or ate are still gonna be bouncing around your bloodstream stealing electrons from other molecules in your body and suffocating your cells

[AAAAH Crap ok that answer of me was already given multiple times on 1. page]

Of course it is a nice aim to use the most environment friendly methods and also keep an eye on the consumers health safety.

But that quote there is wrong, so this really is not a reason why you should avoid those (but still: of course avoid them if you want it more environmentally friendly).

Hydrocarbons are more or less inert, they get excreted from the body easily. It's more a problem when you inhale a very high amount of it, this is where hydrocarbons can be toxic.

Xylene also gets easily transported out of the body: Cytochrome enzymes oxidize the 2 methyl groups forming carboxylic acids at those positions. They make this enzyme become water soluble and it gets excreted when going to the toilet next time.

As Benzol does not have those methyl groups, it cannot be excreted that way and it starts getting carcinogen for another reason - but xylene + toluene is the good brother of them, the body can shake them off.

Still: You should only use them if you can get those compelety out, as it is not healthy anyways. But upon ingestion they dont get stuck in your body forever.

For Hydrocarbons: If you worry that you may have residues in your stuff: Then simply dont use the

60 - 80 °C Naphtha,

but use the

40 - 60 °C Naphtha.

The text says Acetone and Ethanol is removed much easier than the other solvents.

Acetone = 56 °C vaporization (havent looked it up) and Ethanol = 78 °C

so 40 - 60 °C Naphtha evaporates even BETTER than those above. I highly recommend using the lowest boiling Naphtha which is the 40-60 Version.

Also I did not read the whole text, but I guess Acetone will create a much (!) more unpure product, probably same with Ethanol.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

WhiteDemon
#22 Posted : 1/24/2019 1:02:08 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi! I found this zippo fluid . https://www.zippo.co.uk/...-fluid-041689300494.html

Is good? Thanks!

AcaciaConfusedYah
#23 Posted : 1/24/2019 5:50:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

WhiteDemon wrote:
Hi! I found this zippo fluid . https://www.zippo.co.uk/...-fluid-041689300494.html

Is good? Thanks!

Hey WhiteDemon,

I used google to search for the answers that you seek. FWIW, it took me longer to screen shot and draw on the images than it actually took to find the info! Lol.

Yeah, wikipedia is not a great source for serious in-depth scientific research. However, it can give you an idea how easily information can be found.

I highly, (and I mean: HIGHLY!!!) recommend using google. It is your friend. In the time it took me to reply, you could have ordered 10 bottles of the zippo lighter fluid and already began your extraction.

So, considering the attachments - do you think that zippo lighter fluid is ok to use? Smile

I'm not going to feed you. But, I'll point you in a direction to feed yourself. Asking for confirmation about information is okay, however I think you would benefit more from doing your own information search.

Good luck on your venture!
ACY
AcaciaConfusedYah attached the following image(s):
20190124_124156.jpg (569kb) downloaded 117 time(s).
20190124_123903.jpg (397kb) downloaded 116 time(s).
20190124_123941.jpg (366kb) downloaded 116 time(s).
Screenshot_20190124-123337_Free Adblocker Browser.jpg (379kb) downloaded 116 time(s).
20190124_123656.jpg (396kb) downloaded 116 time(s).
Sometimes it's good for a change. Other times it isn't.

WhiteDemon
#24 Posted : 1/25/2019 8:31:46 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Thank you! I go forwar with this Zippo fluid . Just get my caustic soda and vinegar ! tomorrow i will go with my extraction! Thank you all!

AcaciaConfusedYah
#25 Posted : 1/25/2019 9:19:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

WhiteDemon wrote:
Thank you! I go forwar with this Zippo fluid . Just get my caustic soda and vinegar ! tomorrow i will go with my extraction! Thank you all!

Before you do, you may want to look into the SDS of that product to verify that it is actually the naphtha that you're looking for.

The images above are just an example of information collection. I didn't check the SDS of the exact product that you listed, so you may want to do that first. I've tried ronsonol lighter fluid before and it seemed to work fine. My preferred solvent is n-heptane. Look and see if the product "Bestine" is available in your area.

Naphtha is a blend, and often contains heptane, but pure heptane is awesome for crystal growth.

Do a little more research on your product, and see what it contains. Make sure it has the stuff yah want, and then do an evaporation test before using it.

Take Care,
ACY

endlessness
#26 Posted : 1/26/2019 6:08:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

And to add to what ACY posted above, please do an evap test in a glass dish to see if the solvent evaps clean before using. And as always, check our FAQ, a bunch of what is being said here is clearly laid out in the faq.

Good luck

AcaciaConfusedYah
#27 Posted : 1/26/2019 7:32:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:
And as always, check our FAQ, a bunch of what is being said here is clearly laid out in the faq.

Doh! I always forget that suggestion. Hehe.

I was mainly trying to give an example of an easy, and quick, way to begin information collection. When I am presented with a challenge, or task, I will often begin by using a broad search and refining as I collect information. I don't need to know the whole history of "Zippo" brand lighters to learn which chemicals they use in their lighters, but I may start by searching "Zippo Lighter." From there, I scanned until I found the portion about fuel. Then I refined further to see what type of fuels that the lighters use. Once identified, it even listed naphtha as an ingredient. Well, there are different types of naphtha, so that required further inquiry....

But yes, most of the info can be found in the FAQ. Lol.

Take Care,
ACY

The75thFlower
#28 Posted : 3/3/2019 7:47:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:

That's about it.. Overall, the tek should work to extract DMT. You can see a slightly similar tek here

Sorry I'm late to the party. Also I can't coment in the post you are citing if not I would do that there.

I think the extra % yield is the sodium acetate you formed when basifing. It is annoyingly soluble in EtOH. Since my first realization of it I've been working with citrate as an acid instead.

I've seen results similar to the ones shown by Jox here:
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...osts&t=30501&p=3
and confirmed is in part sodium acetate. They seem to crystalize well together wich is something I've never seen or heard elsewhere. Wonder if that is valuable.

PREV12