We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
What do you think of the new Joe Rogan DMT memes? Options

Psilosopher?
#21 Posted : 1/9/2019 8:29:35 AM

Don't Panic

hug46 wrote:
So do religion, heroin, xanax, soap operas etc. I am sorry if i have insulted the meme watching community. The short attention span comment is not a criticism, just a statement. Some of my bestest friends have short attention spans and i confess that there are times when my own attention span is short. I don't want to get all political but i have watched the country of my birth get turned upon it's head and get divided by right wing disgusting-ness. And i think that a lot of the people that have fallen for all of the bullshit have been seduced by throw away headlines/memes on social media that are simplistic in their statements (but less so in their intent)and/or have no real basis in truth or critical thinking. So i am biased.

100% agree here.

I don't really care for memes. A few are genuinely funny, but most are just formulaic and just rehashes of other memes.

I do have a problem with Joe Rogan DMT memes though. It oversimplifies a very potent and life changing substance. Sure, to those in the know, some of the memes may be a little humourous. But a lot of normies also look at memes, and they may come to sweeping conclusions about DMT.

This is a double edged sword. It keeps away the people that aren't willing to do research, but also gives them potentially dangerous misinformation about DMT.

I don't have a short attention span, so maybe i am biased against those that do. This is why i don't like videos about DMT, and would rather read about it. Reading requires some degree of concentration, which is completely warranted for something like DMT.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Camponotus
#22 Posted : 1/9/2019 10:45:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

PsyDuckmonkey wrote:
DMT is already banned, though... Big grin But yea, nobody wants another moral panic, and this guy is SO not the ambassador I'd like for the new psychedelic revival.

"I was acting like a drug advocate" for many years, especially Cannabis first, later for LSD...
Especially in front of my parents because they're born in the late 50's and just listened to the music and stuff from the so called "psychedelic movement" etc...
but they've never touched a spliff or anything in that direction (no kidding) and they were stigmatizing it ta degree that seemed so cloudy and artificial to me THAT I simply had to try all that stuff Big grin
Maybe a bit to early in my lifespan, but perhaps at the very perfect moment Idk

So there were so many moments in my life I wished they could see things I had "become conscious of" and so on, but in retrospect I came across at least as many moments where I thought "man that would have been a sheer disaster" to give them drugs or to affect the way they thinking about it, even if I would love them to get over their prejudices...
I simply can't take responsibility for what these substances would do to them, so it's just coin flipping, maybe they get the false impact or "spin"

and that would primarily happen, because I think I'm the wise guy who is able to assess about someone's inner space or "sanity" and the consequences which would individually and unpredictable result/ occur on the basis of my self-righteousness...

and moreover I believe these substances will attract or draw their followers by themselves if there's an intrinsic, maybe predestined awareness for the expanding of consciousness or the interest in the mindset, the knowledge and rituals of our ancestors, especially tribes and natives, which lived "in harmony" or furthermore in a more symbiotic setting, respectively relation with Mother Nature and our planet and ecosystems!

We should spread awareness and advocate for consciousness regarding the violations of beings of nature and their rights to be and to be in peace with themselves and their environment, stopping the destruction of nature and the legacies of our ancestors - just get back to the roots

and the people who will need the medicine are going to find them! and get the healing to the point they need/deserve/asked for or whatever...

But if we do advertising which is a really common thing today, because you can earn money for nothing, (and get the chicks for free Cool )
only if you go down the psychological twisting advertising and marketing route (supply and demand) (creation of demand) (keynesianism)
Than we probably got a big booming psychedelic market and a very short "revival", where many of the peeps don't take things seriously and jumping off of rooftops and get whatever kind of wasted and destroying themselves until we more or less honestly "have to" stigmatize them again in the public's mind, because the original intention of our acting, which was "harm reduction", misleads into a contrary effect...

Just repeating the history....

So I don't think he (Joe), although he seems to be a smart, innovative and handsome guy, should ask everyone "Have you ever done DMT" or whatever bring public focus on substances which CAN in fact be dangerous to some degree! (even if they're dangerous for someone's illusory philosophy or comfort zone)
We can't heal them all, we can't save them all and most of all and I'm really sorry for this fact we can't heal these spiritual or non-materialistic issues, which causes us to want to HAVE and POSSESS and being greedy and hungry, with substances (which are in fact materials again)...

And even if the most of my friends and beloved people I've come across reacted very good to my advocation of Cannabis or MDMA or whatever I felt they somehow HAD to do or need, I'm now on a point where I don't think I have done them any extraordinary good or bad or changed their minds forever and made them better humans or whatever

simply

because

all this healing comes with what YOU have invested, what you've risked and what you've brought with yourself into this "scenario" into this ride/fight or whatever someone could call a psychedelic experience, into this bliss, into this cyclone which whirls through your appearance of stable reality...

you have to WANT to change yourself and ask for healing (moreover ask for healing in a certain aspect, you may have to already know which kind of healing you are seeking and trying to process)

you don't get the same if someone advises you to do this and that, because it works really good for himself or whatever reason...
We lost the connection to ourself to the greater self of all selves (the perhaps non-self)
and in my opinion psychedelics or stimulants or whatever kind of crazy substances get promoted and selled OTC have as well the possibility to make you a so called "better" or more aware kind of being as to distract you and span more distance to your inner self and your environment...

The key is how to get people back to the roots...

And I think there are, may sounds like a conspiracy theory, enough forces today that don't want you to get back to the roots, get decentralized and get your shit together without the need of money or a nine-to-five job with a place where they feed and look after your children...

because if we focus all our energies and be that kind of strong, use our full potential we aren't controllable for the high society anymore, we won't fulfill the "economic" process, maybe this would lead to a sheer chaos, no one knows which kind of our attributes will dominate (history may provide no good expectations).
At all events we would render money useless!
And I'm really no advocate for this system!!!

But I've no solution for this problem, besides the one we all carry within us...

We have to stop to promote, to advertise, to buy, to hand over our responsibilities for us, our future, our children and our planet!

By the way :
sorry for the wall!
I think nature will always be able to survive us - simultaneously creepy and beautiful creatures! It's up to us to live in EDEN or give a f**k
I'm also thinkin Joe Rogan's podcast is sth. someone could enjoy from time to time, even if he's disrupting his guests always on the points of their answers which are the most interesting of the podcast, so his investigating kind of being is what makes Joe Rogan = Joe Rogan, and I believe he's asking people about DMT just for his own kind of research, curiosity and statistics/conclusions and not mainly because he wants everyone out there to try (even if he would say/said so)!
Unfortunate that he is interviewing so many "interesting" humans and don't hear them out actually Confused wry

EDIT : In contrast to witch-hunting - resolution and throwing educational light onto things that could support our spiritual development like ancient cultures did, more or less Joe Rogan-like stereotypes could be an improvement on general society!
I for myself wouldn't want to encourage other people to look into DMT, LSD or whatever anymore, if they have no prior connection to those things and beg to getting introduced or sth. like that, although I'm for sure amazed af by these substances - most of the time
It's the job that's never started as takes longest to finish. - J.R.R. Tolkien

How long will this last, this delicious feeling of being alive, of having penetrated the veil which hides beauty and the wonders of celestial vistas? It doesn't matter, as there can be nothing but gratitude for even a glimpse of what exists for those who can become open to it. - Alexander Shulgin

neb
#23 Posted : 1/10/2019 12:54:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

to be honest, i was 15 when i first heard about joe rogan (outside of fear factor) and my buddy showed me a video of joe rogan saying you can speak to god if you smoke dmt

I was very 'atheistic' at that age, i mean damn i was 15 what was i supposed to know. and I thought, well, if its true i guess the proof is in the pudding, about 2 years later i had my first breakthrough and.. to say the least. im not an atheist anymore. but i am greatful i heard that, if i had not i dont think i would have gotten into this stuff, or maybe i would have, I dont know. either way, I used to enjoy joerogan a lot, lately not so much, his person has gotten a little bit hard for my liking.
wake 'n breakthrough bebiii

0_o
#24 Posted : 1/10/2019 5:23:55 AM

ⁿ°ⁿ↔ρ└ªγ³r κhªrªκτ³r

Well
0_o attached the following image(s):
KRsJ29Q.png (469kb) downloaded 38 time(s).

PREV12