We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
What do you think of the new Joe Rogan DMT memes? Options

fathomlessness
#1 Posted : 1/4/2019 8:02:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

These are just some of the vast multitude circling the internet
fathomlessness attached the following image(s):
cfjdfgh.jpg (80kb) downloaded 349 time(s).
dfghsdgf.jpg (74kb) downloaded 344 time(s).
dgfh.jpg (82kb) downloaded 346 time(s).
dtyjdgf.jpg (155kb) downloaded 348 time(s).
fdshsfdgh.jpg (50kb) downloaded 346 time(s).
fgdfg.jpg (120kb) downloaded 345 time(s).
sdhgfd.jpg (55kb) downloaded 343 time(s).
sdsfdf.jpg (61kb) downloaded 345 time(s).
Untitled.jpg (135kb) downloaded 342 time(s).

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

fathomlessness
#2 Posted : 1/4/2019 8:09:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

more original versions:
fathomlessness attached the following image(s):
dsfgas1234.jpg (82kb) downloaded 341 time(s).
dhgsdhg324435.jpg (94kb) downloaded 342 time(s).

Intezam
#3 Posted : 1/4/2019 10:26:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

we think its a**holish crap, anyway, we don't like memes in general and we dislike that particular skinhead dude.. or...near about anyboday who turns himself into a d(r)unk product or brandname ...annnnd ppl should not talk about certain things on the youtubes and it's mad and it causes problems

Nydex
#4 Posted : 1/4/2019 11:09:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Intezam wrote:
we think its a**holish crap, anyway, we don't like memes in general and we dislike that particular skinhead dude.. or...near about anyboday who turns himself into a d(r)unk product or brandname ...annnnd ppl should not talk about certain things on the youtubes and it's mad and it causes problems

I think that's a bit extreme personally. I sometimes find Joe to be irritating and disrespectful, but most of the time he's a pretty solid interviewer and that has shown many times in his podcasts with interesting people like Elon Musk or Neil DeGrasse Tyson.

As far as memes go - some are good, some are bad. I don't mind them at all, as long as they're not purely hateful or disrespectful.

And talking about stuff on the internet is indeed a double-sided blade... (looking at you, Tim L.)

It might spread awareness about the therapeutical effects of a substance, but knowing how much awareness is too much awareness is walking on thin rope. Past a certain threshold point the domino effect of the open web makes it impossible to reverse the increasing awareness and comes a point where said substance or activity is regarded as dangerous, frowned upon and ultimately banned.
TRUST

LET GO

BE OPEN

FranLover
#5 Posted : 1/4/2019 11:43:29 AM

Long live the world in peace, prosperity, and freedom from suffering

hahaha, this is hilarious! I think they are great.
A lot of jugdments are made of him...but then again people judge everyone. More so famous and rich people (envy is unconcious because envy implies the ego would have to admit someone is better than it, and it cant do that, therefore it parades envy as anger and self righteous indignation.
Todo lo que quiero es que me recuerdes siempre así...amándote. Mantay kuna kayadidididi~~Ayahuasca shamudididi. Silence ○ Shiva ◇ eternal Purusha.
What we have done is establish the rule of authority in silence. Silence is the administrator of the universe. In silence is the script of Natural Law, eternally guiding the destiny of everyone. The Joy of Giving See the job. Do the job. Stay out of the misery.
May this world be established with a sense of well-being and happiness. May all beings in all worlds be blessed with peace, contentment, and freedom.
This mass of stress visible in the here & now has sensuality for its reason, sensuality for its source, sensuality for its cause, the reason being simply sensuality.

fathomlessness
#6 Posted : 1/4/2019 12:09:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Nydex wrote:
Intezam wrote:

It might spread awareness about the therapeutical effects of a substance, but knowing how much awareness is too much awareness is walking on thin rope. Past a certain threshold point the domino effect of the open web makes it impossible to reverse the increasing awareness and comes a point where said substance or activity is regarded as dangerous, frowned upon and ultimately banned.

That's more like what i intended this discussion to be. I don't care much to know your opinions of joe rogan per se, more about whether the memes may bring bad traffic our way. Whether they indirectly and unintentionally make a mockery of DMT in anyway through association to frivolity and jovial sentiment and whether or not this may be a bad thing.

I find the memes hilarious dont get me wrong, my point here is simply that perhaps this is exactly how awareness must be spread these days for people to even give the slightest iota of their attention to a topic/concept or in this case SUBSTANCE. God bless 2019 with all its smart technology and instant gratification right?

hug46
#7 Posted : 1/4/2019 12:17:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I think that it is probably down to subjective sense of humour but i didn't think those memes were funny. And i agree with Intezam in that, for the most part, i do not like memes. I think that at best they are designed for people with the attention span of a goldfish and at worst they have been used to push people who don't like reading into certain political directions. Having said that i have seen memes that do make me laugh.

The thing about Joe Rogan is that he seems like a reasonable level headed guy and sometimes has interesting guests on his podcasts, but there is something about him that depresses me. Which maybe down to my own percieved inadequacies. He is a kind of gung-ho, carpe diem, go for it, fitness dude and i am quite unambitious and am happy to spend my days pottering about. We probably just have different philosophies and how to achieve contentment.

Quote:
I don't care much to know your opinions of joe rogan per se

If you are going to post a load of Joe Rogan memes, unfortunately you will have to run the guauntlet of various members opinions of him...

PsyDuckmonkey
#8 Posted : 1/4/2019 12:18:06 PM

witch

Intezam wrote:
we think its a**holish crap, anyway, we don't like memes in general and we dislike that particular skinhead dude.. or...near about anyboday who turns himself into a d(r)unk product or brandname

+1

Nydex wrote:

DMT is already banned, though... Big grin But yea, nobody wants another moral panic, and this guy is SO not the ambassador I'd like for the new psychedelic revival.
Do you believe in the THIRD SUMMER OF LOVE?

xss27
#9 Posted : 1/4/2019 2:21:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

hug46 wrote:
The thing about Joe Rogan is that he seems like a reasonable level headed guy and sometimes has interesting guests on his podcasts, but there is something about him that depresses me. Which maybe down to my own percieved inadequacies. He is a kind of gung-ho, carpe diem, go for it, fitness dude and i am quite unambitious and am happy to spend my days pottering about. We probably just have different philosophies and how to achieve contentment.

Would you really want a big expensive mansion with a wife and children? I assume he's married to her. Sounds like a real ball ache to me; I'd be worrying half the time whether I can sustain that lifestyle, whether my financial adviser is pilfering my stash, whether she'll decide to cut my stash in two (or more like thirds, two for her..).

I'd like his floatation tank and having a place in the hillside, but that's it.

I like his podcast. Definitely the best, some great guests and conversations. But I don't reach for Rogan when I want philosophical advice on life. The memes are great because they are true - he bangs on about DMT too much.

Praxis.
#10 Posted : 1/4/2019 11:44:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I think they're hysterical, personally. Big grin

Not a fan of Joe Rogan at all though. He spreads a lot of misinformation and every single person I know who follows his podcast seems to have an unhealthy obsession with strange far-right conspiracy theories.
"Consciousness grows in spirals." --George L. Jackson

If you can just get your mind together, then come across to me. We'll hold hands and then we'll watch the sunrise from the bottom of the sea...
But first, are you experienced?

DmnStr8
#11 Posted : 1/4/2019 11:53:00 PM

Come what may

I like Joe Rogan. The dude has had an interesting career. I feel he is going through this life the way he wants. Following his passions. He is passionate about DMT and it doesn't bother me one bit. Sensationalism is important in his line of work so I do think you need to take it all with a grain of salt.
"In the universe there is an immeasurable, indescribable force which shamans call intent, and absolutely everything that exists in the entire cosmos is attached to intent by a connecting link." ~Carlos Castaneda

RhythmSpring
#12 Posted : 1/5/2019 12:53:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The second one is hilarious. The rest are kinda eh, okay, we get it.
From the unspoken
Grows the once broken

dragonrider
#13 Posted : 1/5/2019 8:35:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Praxis. wrote:

Not a fan of Joe Rogan at all though. He spreads a lot of misinformation and every single person I know who follows his podcast seems to have an unhealthy obsession with strange far-right conspiracy theories.

I didn't know who joe rogan was until someone posted a video here, of him talking with paul stamets. That was a pretty interesting conversation he had there. He didn't seem far-right to me at all, in that video and some other video's of him i've seen since that moment, though i must admit that i haven't seen that many.

I have noticed a pattern though, in how the far right pushes it's agenda that may be related to what you've said here: they pick an example of extreme political correctness or someone on the far left who has said something weird. For instance an extreme feminist who said something like "all men are rapists". Then they claim that this person somehow represents feminism itself. And then they use that to discredit the whole idea of equal opportunities in the following way..."you see, once you start with allowing women equal opportunities, you will eventually end up with oppressing and hating all men".

They use any criticism towards the political left, that is fair and reasonable, as a what they call "the red pill", to open people up to more extreme views.

That is also why so many people on the far-right are a fan of guys like joe rogan, jordan peterson, sam harris, steven pinker...... or even bernie sanders.

It's a tactic to hide behind more or less normal people.

Praxis.
#14 Posted : 1/5/2019 9:39:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

dragonrider wrote:
Praxis. wrote:

I didn't know who joe rogan was until someone posted a video here, of him talking with paul stamets. That was a pretty interesting conversation he had there. He didn't seem far-right to me at all, in that video and some other video's of him i've seen since that moment, though i must admit that i haven't seen that many.

I don't have a super strong opinion about him. Joe himself seems like more or less of a nice guy to talk to, and I doubt that he's got much personal investment in politics. But I also don't think his show is neutral (how many times has Jordan Peterson been a guest now?), and I just don't really buy into the whole "calm, collected, unbiased intellectual" persona he puts on. He knows his audience.

I don't actually know that many people who listen to his show regularly, but literally every one of them is neck deep into things like Pizzagate. Not that Joe is responsible for what his fans do (debatable), but there's a correlation there and I'm sure he's noticed it too.

The memes are funny to me but I can understand how the format of memes in general can turn people off. Different strokes for different folks Smile
"Consciousness grows in spirals." --George L. Jackson

If you can just get your mind together, then come across to me. We'll hold hands and then we'll watch the sunrise from the bottom of the sea...
But first, are you experienced?

hug46
#15 Posted : 1/5/2019 10:28:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

xss27 wrote:

Would you really want a big expensive mansion with a wife and children? I assume he's married to her. Sounds like a real ball ache to me; I'd be worrying half the time whether I can sustain that lifestyle, whether my financial adviser is pilfering my stash, whether she'll decide to cut my stash in two (or more like thirds, two for her..).

I'd like his floatation tank and having a place in the hillside, but that's it.

No. I would prefer the little house on the hill and am generally happy living that way. If i am being honest, the way in which he depresses me goes a little deeper than conflicting philosophies on housing/wives/ready cash flow and fear of losing cash.
But not so deep that i can't sort it out, given a little time.

I agree that he goes on about DMT a lot. I don't know whether he has done it a lot. Going from my own experiences it seems to be par for the course that when someone has done DMT a few times and had a profound experience, they cannot shut up about it. After doing it more often, one tends to be a little more tight lipped about it.

Praxis(nice to see you posting again) wrote:
He knows his audience.

Yeah. I remember listening to him do a podcast with Milo Yiannopoulos and Milo was being even more obnoxious than normal (if that is at all possible). Rogan was kind of really agreeing with him and goading him on and i remember thinking to myself "is Joe a bit of a fascist or is he being a good interviewer and managing to show the interviewee up to be a
prime nob-end or is he just playing to his audience by giving them some meaty right wing rhetoric?"

fathomlessness
#16 Posted : 1/8/2019 12:45:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

hug46 wrote:

If you are going to post a load of Joe Rogan memes, unfortunately you will have to run the guauntlet of various members opinions of him...[

I meant that I didn't care much for them in relation to another thing (of the direction and meaning of the thread), not as a statement on its own. It sounds bad when you take it out of context like that because i was merely suggesting a preference in order to try and conduct flow of thread discussion.

For someone who criticizes people with short attention spans you seem to have missed completely what i said and incorporated only unrelated opinions. I was asking whether the memes may bring bad traffic our way or indirectly and unintentionally make a mockery of DMT in anyway through association to frivolity and jovial sentiment and whether or not this may be a bad thing.

Memes provide relief to many people that face the monotonous drudgery of life with straight faces all day long. Granted there is some validity in saying that the kinds of people who are just sucked in to meme feeds for hours on end are the kinds of people with short attention spans and/or no curiosity for extended learning beyond common sense or deeper knowledge about oneself or life itself. However that represents only a portion of the meme watching community.

fathomlessness
#17 Posted : 1/8/2019 1:02:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

hug46 wrote:

I agree that he goes on about DMT a lot. I don't know whether he has done it a lot. Going from my own experiences it seems to be par for the course that when someone has done DMT a few times and had a profound experience, they cannot shut up about it. After doing it more often, one tends to be a little more tight lipped about it.

Very interesting point Thumbs up

hug46
#18 Posted : 1/8/2019 3:40:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

fathomlessness wrote:

For someone who criticizes people with short attention spans you seem to have missed completely what i said and incorporated only unrelated opinions. I was asking whether the memes may bring bad traffic our way or indirectly and unintentionally make a mockery of DMT in anyway through association to frivolity and jovial sentiment and whether or not this may be a bad thing.

I understand that if you start a thread and want it to go in a particular direction and it doesn't, then it can be frustrating but i don't think that i have been taking anything out of context as Joe Rogan is in all the memes and i think that discussing him is very much related to whether the subject of DMT is being respected or not. You even said that i made a very interesting point about Joe. So you have benefited from my input.

Quote:
Memes provide relief to many people that face the monotonous drudgery of life with straight faces all day long.

So do religion, heroin, xanax, soap operas etc. I am sorry if i have insulted the meme watching community. The short attention span comment is not a criticism, just a statement. Some of my bestest friends have short attention spans and i confess that there are times when my own attention span is short. I don't want to get all political but i have watched the country of my birth get turned upon it's head and get divided by right wing disgusting-ness. And i think that a lot of the people that have fallen for all of the bullshit have been seduced by throw away headlines/memes on social media that are simplistic in their statements (but less so in their intent)and/or have no real basis in truth or critical thinking. So i am biased.

Asher7
#19 Posted : 1/8/2019 5:15:26 PM

Professional Tracker

I’ve noticed the “technologies” of enriching preconceived ideas is at an all time high. You may as well not even search for answers, you have megaphones of all shapes and forms blaring everything you need to know directly into your brain there. The delivery system of assuring you that you now know the truth. Everything you need to know is told to you by someone in that box you carry around all day.

The audience here seems a little more woke than say, well it doesn’t matter, the point is for those slightly less critical all this info and assurity is like launching a missle and having a baby at the joy stick.

There’s too many people, and the rats are starting to get aggressive.

dragonrider
#20 Posted : 1/8/2019 9:52:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

About him "advertising" DMT all the time: i personally think that any awarenes about even the mere existance of DMT is a positive thing. The greater the number of people knowing about it, the better.

I think, what this world realy is lacking at the moment, or at least western civilization is lacking, is the feeling of awe and wonder. About this planet, about nature...life. It sometimes seems as if it's just gone missing. Like we once had it, and then one day....ooops gone.

Anything that can bring that sense of awe and wonder back to us, is a good thing. Even if it frightens or upsets some people.

12NEXT