We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV123
Receptorome study: how traditional Ayahuasca & snuffs differ from dmt Options

endlessness
#41 Posted : 6/24/2020 1:57:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the informed discussion Smile

Just to throw a little anecdote I've shared before, regarding the "shamans dont smoke dmt", I once gave some DMT to an amazonian shaman (pajé ) and he loved it! He asked for more to bring to his 90 year old father, but unfortunately I didn't more at the time. He said he had a vision which was the continuation of a trip he had when he was 13 years old. He def gave his blessing to it and considered it a spiritual tool.

Of course thats just one anecdote, and it's important to note that there is no homogeneity among indigenous cultures, spiritual leaders or anything of the sort. What one may say, the other may disagree. And even if they all agreed, it wouldn't necessarily mean they are right. Me personally, I think oral DMT/ayahuasca lends itself much better as a tool for personal development, but I think vapped DMT may have its place in specific moments as a part of an exploratory process we can go through. Whether that has anything to do with receptor agonism, I don't know, I suspect there are other factors at play which are significant, like duration of experience, for starters.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

PREV123