We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
mass spec update Options

benzyme
#1 Posted : 11/30/2018 10:09:14 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

It's not like me to ask for help, but I'm a bit down on my luck. MS is down, FTIR has a bad motherboard, and UV detector is down too (bad motherboard as well). I'll focus on LC-MS...the mass spec has a bad power supply, and a new one isn't cheap.
Wife's father just died on thanksgiving, and we're going to support her mother (her siblings will pitch in too), so money is a bit tight.

Those who know me, know I am dedicated to the art of analysis, and for those that donate, I will run free analyses until March, once I get back up and running. Aside from the power supply, the turbopump is still kickin', and the UHPLC pump is operational. I pretty much only do analysis for the Nexus, it is home. I'm the sole proprietor, so my reputation is everything.

Donations can be made to my XMR or BTC accounts in my sig, or benmartineziii@gmail.com on paypal.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

benzyme
#2 Posted : 11/30/2018 11:44:20 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

thanks for the ETH Pleased
every little bit helps.

There are some neat projects in the pipeline, like melatonin-doped mushies, melatonin to 5-MeO conversion, tryptophan to hyperspace, and 20 mM tryptamine-doped cubes. It's going to be an interesting winter Big grin
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

Mindlusion
#3 Posted : 12/1/2018 2:21:18 AM

Chairman of the Celestial Divison

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

Sorry to hear the news benz, I hope your winter gets brighter from here on out. (It will technically after Dec. 21st)
Expect nothing, Receive everything.
"Experiment and extrapolation is the only means the organic chemists (humans) currrently have - in contrast to "God" (and possibly R. B. Woodward). "
He alone sees truly who sees the Absolute the same in every creature...seeing the same Absolute everywhere, he does not harm himself or others. - The Bhagavad Gita
"The most beautiful thing we can experience, is the mysterious. The source of all true art and science."

Loveall
#4 Posted : 12/5/2018 9:05:53 PM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

Bump, this is important work for our community. Good luck benzyme!
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

benzyme
#5 Posted : 12/5/2018 9:52:56 PM

analytical chemist

Thanks so much, that certainly expedites things.
Hopefully by next friday, either the PS will be repaired, or I’ll just order a new one.

benzyme
#6 Posted : 12/6/2018 2:51:00 PM

analytical chemist

I ordered it.
Wifey said to just go ahead and buy it, with monies from savings, so I covered the difference.
Thank you kindly to those who pitched in, it really means alot to me.
I should have it by next week, Thermo has to ship it to my work address.

I’ll update when it is up and running, so I can start accepting samples for testing.

Loveall
#7 Posted : 12/6/2018 5:00:23 PM

❤️‍🔥

Great news, deep thanks Benzyme.

I'm really wondering what this green-fluorescent flaky stuff is from a mushroom extract. Bad news is that I'm struggling to reproduce it, maybe because proteins are tricky.
Loveall attached the following image(s):
IMG_20181206_115506543.jpg (3,163kb) downloaded 298 time(s).
IMG_20181206_115730921.jpg (1,850kb) downloaded 298 time(s).

benzyme
#8 Posted : 12/8/2018 5:14:22 AM

analytical chemist

Shouts out to Loveall, ducdevil, and Sunnyside. You guys will get priority free analysis.
I was very bummed out, but your generosity motivated me to get back up. I have to keep doin' what I do, it's greater than myself. Thank you so much.

benzyme
#9 Posted : 12/8/2018 4:03:30 PM

analytical chemist

during better days:

https://vimeo.com/293620635

benzyme
#10 Posted : 12/10/2018 4:21:23 AM

analytical chemist

lobo and pinkoyd..thank you, guys. Thumbs up
hopefully it arrives to work this week. Of course, I'll keep y'all posted.

benzyme
#11 Posted : 12/11/2018 3:38:42 PM

analytical chemist

aaargh! Crying or very sad

I called Thermo, they told me that it's backordered, anticipated ship date Feb. 20. The lady is going to email me back
with other sourcing/shipping options. Gonna email the guy who's repairing my faulty PS. this is frustrating

benzyme
#12 Posted : 12/13/2018 4:49:37 PM

analytical chemist

ok..
the guy repairing it called me this morning, he ordered a capacitor and an IC, and should have it done by monday.

ducdevil
#13 Posted : 12/13/2018 5:21:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

YAY! Big grin
That's the holiday spirit...

benzyme
#14 Posted : 12/18/2018 3:13:05 AM

analytical chemist

Crying or very sad

the repair was unsuccessful. I put in the order for the part.
*sighs*

Loveall
#15 Posted : 12/18/2018 3:54:18 AM

❤️‍🔥

Thanks for all your efforts benzyme. So ETA for the part is still ~ Feb 20, right?

benzyme
#16 Posted : 12/18/2018 3:55:47 AM

analytical chemist

correct. 2/21 was what was quoted via email.

endlessness
#17 Posted : 12/18/2018 10:59:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Benz, glad to hear at least things are going in the right direction!

Thanks to all who donated to benz!

Same for EC's equipment, finally we got a word from the main donor that he will pay for the LC-MS yearly maintenance, so we should have it up and running again early next year Smile

benzyme
#18 Posted : 12/20/2018 2:59:45 AM

analytical chemist

I put in a cancel email, I'm not sure it is a compatible PS.
but this one is, so I put in an offer for $1501. It is both the +36 V/-28 V switching, and a 200 V linear PS below it (just in case that one is bad too). Two power supplies for the price of one.

benzyme
#19 Posted : 12/20/2018 2:19:11 PM

analytical chemist

offer accepted, paid.

benzyme
#20 Posted : 12/27/2018 12:06:41 AM

analytical chemist

Crying or very sad

It didn't work. There must be a short somewhere. *sighs*
I'm not electrically inclined, and even if I were, Thermo will not provide schematics. I have neither the time nor money
to pursue this at the moment, so I initiated a return, and will refund everyone who donated. This sucks, I'm sorry.

12NEXT