We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV1234NEXT
Taking Morning Glory seeds sublingually Options

Kajlian
#21 Posted : 9/30/2018 5:09:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Any updates?
If we create purpose, purpose exists, and by existing, we've created purpose.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

ajlala
#22 Posted : 9/30/2018 10:27:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi, thanks!

So in the end, SWIM simply chewed 340 Heavenly Blue seeds and just let the chewed up mush absorb in his mouth (in two batches), over an hour, before spitting out the seed-mush.

Within about 3 hours, SWIM was sedated and stoned, in a pleasant and warm way. (There were no negative side-effects)

It was again, about equivalent of smoking 2 joints of an enjoyable indica strain, except with the delayed 3 hours of onset time.

It was a pleasant and heavy sedation like from smoking an indica strain, with some imaginative expansion. (Food also tasted much better).

The only somewhat psychedelic aspect, is that at one point SWIM started remembering early childhood memories, and was able to recall these memories in great detail. (Although SWIM also gets this from weed). Otherwise, there was no psychedelic effect at this dose.

The next day, on waking up in the morning, there was still a significant sedation, making it difficult to leave the bed and move.

(So make sure you have at least 14 hours after taking the dose, in which you don't have to drive a car or operate machinery.)

Overall, SWIM has found this pleasantly very similar in its effects to (sedative strains of) weed. It could almost become quite addictive.

By chewing and spitting out the mush (after sufficient time given to absorb this mush sublingually), there were no negative side-effects besides numbing of the tongue. He believes the negative side effects of Morning Glory seeds, are all a result of swallowing the seed mush, and that by not swallowing, these can be avoided.

Next time - SWIM will attempt to increase the sublingual dosage to around 450 seeds.

downwardsfromzero
#23 Posted : 10/1/2018 12:02:54 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Are these fresh, home grown seeds you've been using? Sounds like simple LSA effects comparable with Hoffman's description.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

ajlala
#24 Posted : 10/1/2018 2:58:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
Are these fresh, home grown seeds you've been using? Sounds like simple LSA effects comparable with Hoffman's description.

These are ones which SWIM bought from a gardening supplier.

Considering how pleasant the effects are, it seems strange how the popularity of LSA is not more widespread?

At this dosage (340 seeds), it is very similar to smoked weed, albeit with the 2-3 hour delay to kick in.

With its ability to absorb sublingually with simple chewing of seeds (and thereby avoiding any unpleasant effects on the GI tract), in a more civilized society, this would likely be added to create medicated chewing gums (like how nicotine gum is used today).

Aum_Shanti
#25 Posted : 10/1/2018 8:39:10 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Quote:

Then they were probably already quite old, as your description really matches that of lower doses LSA.
I claim not that this is the truth. As this is just what got manifested into my mind at the current position in time on this physical plane. So please feel not offended by anything I say.

ajlala
#26 Posted : 10/1/2018 1:39:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Aum_Shanti wrote:
Quote:

Then they were probably already quite old, as your description really matches that of lower doses LSA.

If only in terms of their warm sedation effects, these particular seeds are very pleasant. For this reason, he will now order more from the same garden supplier. This sedative effect could even become quite addictive. Are there any cases of morning glory addiction?

Prior to the first dose described here, he had chewed about 50 of them in the morning to check their taste, and felt a degree of sedation onsetting a couple hours later even from that small amount - so at least the pleasant, sedative factor is quite predominant in the seeds provided by the gardening supplier.

Kajlian
#27 Posted : 10/1/2018 1:50:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Interesting, I've always found HBWR seeds quite stimulating, more so than sedating. I haven't tried MG seeds but I'd expect them to be fairly similar.

Since HBWR seeds reportedly contain higher amounts of LSA, I'd expect them to be more sedative than MG seeds, and not the other way around.

ajlala
#28 Posted : 10/1/2018 1:56:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Kajlian wrote:
Interesting, I've always found HBWR seeds quite stimulating, more so than sedating. I haven't tried MG seeds but I'd expect them to be fairly similar.

Since HBWR seeds reportedly contain higher amounts of LSA, I'd expect them to be more sedative than MG seeds, and not the other way around.

That's interesting!

Kajlian
#29 Posted : 10/1/2018 1:58:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ajlala wrote:
If he has time, SWIM may try a cold water extraction of the remaining seeds in his supply (which are only about 200) for tonight, and report back if the sedative effects are the same from this supply of seeds in the CWE, as when they were when taken sublingually.

That would be really interesting Thumbs up

jamie
#30 Posted : 10/1/2018 3:24:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

With the right seeds, one HBWR chewed and held sublingual/in the mouth for 10 minutes(and spat out) has been fairly consistent for me and comparable to I would say 15-20 mics of LSD. Just a small number of seeds can produce a powerful experience. With ipomea I had to eat around 300.

This may interest you more, if you are looking for unextracted plant material to use this way.

I do not like ingesting these seeds. The ideal method of dosing these ergolines ime is to dose the way you would with LSD.
Long live the unwoke.

ajlala
#31 Posted : 10/1/2018 8:52:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

He will try to compare how the experience is, relative to the sublingual chewing method of the previous week.

ajlala
#32 Posted : 10/1/2018 9:50:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

An hour later, SWIM notes the disadvantage, is this slight feeling of nausea.

The onset, however, has a more stimulating vibe.

ajlala
#33 Posted : 10/1/2018 11:08:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

During the come up phase, there was a greater stimulating effect, in combination with the same heavy sedation that was experienced with the sublingual administration. The come up is less unambiguously pleasant than with the sublingual dosing, but there is likely a stronger effect per seed compared with sublingual administration.

The mild nausea has more or less faded away after 2 hours. (Eating some bread soaked in olive oil helped to ease the mild nausea).

It's interesting that there is a qualitatively somewhat different feel, after taking the cold water extraction, during the come up, in comparison with sublingually absorbed LSA. SWIM would liken it to the difference between smoking more indica (with sublingual dosing) and sativa (with cold water extraction) strains of cannabis.

However now, after a somewhat less pleasant come up phase, it's settled into the same chilled and relaxing sensation, as was experienced with the sublingually administered doses. The effect is warm and enjoyable, and very similar to being stoned on edibles.

Aum_Shanti
#34 Posted : 10/2/2018 1:04:43 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Quote:

Well, not really related, HBWR seeds generally have a much higher alkaloid content, that's why you need way less seeds, but the LSH:LSA ratio is not related to this, but mainly by age and storage conditions of the seeds.

BTW: Regarding LSA and stimulation vs. sedation. As e.g. Heim's research showed: A quite low dose LSA acts stimulating, a higher then strongly sedating.
I claim not that this is the truth. As this is just what got manifested into my mind at the current position in time on this physical plane. So please feel not offended by anything I say.

Kajlian
#35 Posted : 10/2/2018 6:43:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Aum_Shanti wrote:
Well, not really related, HBWR seeds generally have a much higher alkaloid content, that's why you need way less seeds, but the LSH:LSA ratio is not related to this, but mainly by age and storage conditions of the seeds.

BTW: Regarding LSA and stimulation vs. sedation. As e.g. Heim's research showed: A quite low dose LSA acts stimulating, a higher then strongly sedating.

I thought that HBWR seeds had a higher LSA to LSH ratio, but that might be wrong.

ajlala
#36 Posted : 10/2/2018 11:49:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

There is a slight stoneover the next morning.

Later this week (if he has time and has restocked), SWIM will try to increase the dose, perhaps to 500 - to try to see how the effects might change at those somewhat higher doses.

ajlala
#37 Posted : 10/5/2018 8:41:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM is taking a dose of 650 heavenly blue seeds tonight.

SWIM already feels a very strong drunken fuzzy sensation in his head and a need to stay still.

ajlala
#38 Posted : 10/5/2018 9:10:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The stimulating effect (during the onset) is strong at this dose (650 seeds).

ajlala
#39 Posted : 10/6/2018 1:55:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

At this higher dose (650 seeds), it was very introspective and like the morning glory was giving SWIM psychotherapy.

The Morning Glory has a deep soulfulness and spiritual quality.

SWIM went out at night into the garden, and lying on the ground for an hour or two, rolling on the wet, cold, muddy grass in the dark, looking up at the stars, and feeling some spiritual communion with the ghost of an old, long-dead Christian woman (she died about 5 years ago) who was his parent's neighbour (all through his childhood) in the adjoining garden.

For some reason, SWIM had fallen onto the grass, right in the spot where he would talk to this old woman over the hedge (where their garden met her's).

Lying in the garden at midnight, next to the garden she had loved, he started remembering memories of this old elderly neighbour and feeling like they were kindred spirits. And then, still rolling on the ground, he felt sad he hadn't spent more time being friendly with her before her death, especially in her last years when she was lonely and losing her mind.

Suddenly, SWIM had a strong sense of how he's not appreciating my life, and is distracting himself with various mystical things.

SWIM had a sense of how important life is, and how important it is to take advantage of your opportunities when you have them, and to appreciate people, especially the forgotten neglected people (like the old woman who once lived next door) and whose spirit seems still to permeate the garden.

ajlala
#40 Posted : 10/7/2018 8:29:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM is trying again tonight (chewing 700 seeds). (Hopefully not too much tolerance is building up).

PREV1234NEXT