We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Bad decisions and DMT production: interesting LEO quote Options

null24
#1 Posted : 9/14/2018 5:45:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

This is why we have the attitude rules right above the posting box. Here's an interesting quote from an LEO about recent developments in Utah:
Quote:

COTTONWOOD HEIGHTS, Utah – The DEA is weighing in on drug labs in Utah after an early morning call to police led to the discovery of a clandestine drug lab in Cottonwood Heights...

...After a little digging, it was clear to investigators that the guy they had arrested was ready to sell. They uncovered several bags of the drug.

Police booked 37-year-old Daniel Orton on felony drug charges for both having the lab and all of the drugs.

Of course, for anyone looking to buy this drug, it doesn’t come cheap.

“DMT targets a specific drug group, but to say that it’s street value is minimal would be fallacious. It depends on who’s willing to pay for it,” Besser said.

You, know, the pig has a point here...

As with all of the similar links i post here, this may get some responses pointing out the injustice of the legal status of DMT, and those are of course valid and good points.

But here's the thing. The stuff is illegal and manufacture of it carries a stiff sentence. This site has done an incredible job along the lines of harm reduction over the years, promoting responsibility, dis-encouraging selling and generally keeping the framing of the discussions here and in the real world high minded. But if that attitude extends from here, it seems limited in its scope to the voices appearing on the lecture circuit and academic circles-not necessarily the community at large.

While I'll give the nexus some credit for injecting life into the 'psychedelic renaissance', the high-mindedness of the discussion here doesn't extend very far. A quick look at any of the Facebook groups proliferating across that platform promoting themselves with names that resonate with spiritual, scientific or therapeutic significance reveals that they are mostly open-web drug markets.

And not just there, there are so many cringe-worthy conversations and references going on as DMT becomes mute and more popular that it's really no wonder they made this stuff illegal. (Don't flame that)

It's up to all of us to carry the ethics of this place-if they mean anything to us- into the world as we present this topic.
Original online article here (link to TV "news" site)
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Loverofallthings
#2 Posted : 9/15/2018 2:45:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

[quote=null24]

It's up to all of us to carry the ethics of this place-if they mean anything to us- into the world as we present this topic.

Well said, null.

MachienDome
#3 Posted : 9/16/2018 7:56:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Selling a holy sacrament is literal blasphemy.
"In this secret room, from the past, I seek the future..."

Northerner
#4 Posted : 9/16/2018 8:48:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Don't tell, don't sell.

It's so easy.

People who need this will find it by themselves.
The nearest we ever come to knowing truth is when we are witness to paradox.

Loveall
#5 Posted : 9/16/2018 9:50:02 AM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

The Nexus is also about stopping the spread of missinformation, since it leads to all kids of dysfunction.

Quote:
“It’s a volatile drug," said Brian Besser, a District Agent in Charge for the DEA in Utah. "DMT is a synthetic drug that is manufactured and is a very powerful," he said.

Is DMT a "volatile drug"? Volatile is defined as evaporating at room temperature, right? DMT does not do this as I understand it. The second part of the statment about DMT being synthetic is false since DMT is a natural drug present in many plants and organisms.

Quote:
“It causes people to think and do things that aren’t normal," he said. "To be quite honest, it can be catastrophic."

What strange things do people do? Lay down in silence for a few minutes? Catastrophic how? DMT has been shown to promote neurological connectivity and is non toxic and non adictive. Sure, If you toke at the edge of a cliff or alone by a large body of water you may catastrophically die, but that is not usual and proper use.

The people of Utah deserve better reporters and a better police force. Based on all the missinformation coming from the police I would question their assessment that this was "likely" being sold. They mention a large quantity but don't say how much, why not? Also, in the video you can see a couple jars partially full with liquid, not what you would expect from a large comercial operation.

It's very difficult to sell DMT as a regular source of income either. Again, it's not addictive. Hardened drug dealers have little interest in it.

If you want to make $$$ sell sugar or fat, but that does have catastrophic consequences such as childood diabetes, obesity epidemics, and health care crisis. "Problem" is, if you use DMT your enhanced neurological connectivity and conciousness likely won't let you go into such a catastrophic business.
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

Jees
#6 Posted : 9/16/2018 3:23:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Why is it that officials are allowed to lie plain BS? It's very odd because they are professionals in the end. Would you like your doctor or dentist to blaze BS about your health just as easily?

Loveall
#7 Posted : 9/16/2018 3:29:08 PM

❤️‍🔥

Jees wrote:
Why is it that officials are allowed to lie plain BS? It's very odd because they are professionals in the end. Would you like your doctor or dentist to blaze BS about your health just as easily?

Yes, it is very odd that in the war on drugs any and all lies still go unquestioned. Haven't we learned our lesson from Marijuana, where the press and police are complicit in suppressing a very powerful herbal medical drug?

Stopping missinformation is a big part of harm reduction. Society is being harmed by these lies.

CatPharm
#8 Posted : 9/16/2018 5:16:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The misleading propaganda and vagueness of these stories absolutely drive me crazy. Its just enough to get the public in a stir, with quantaties such as "a bunch," how can the people NOT be outraged.
I dont want to totally come off as defending this couples actions, but the truth is, is that with such a vague story, its hard to make out the truth.

null24
#9 Posted : 9/16/2018 5:29:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It's not really very helpful in furthering the idea that DMT is harmless when people are producing it to sell, and doing so in such a way that the volatile compounds used to extract it cause physical symptoms in people that enter the space in which it is extracted. That's the main point in the post.

Of course the ignorant comments by LEOs are frustrating to hear, but that is to be expected. No DMT isn't synthetic, no it's not volatile in one sense of the word, but certainly is in another-and i hope that's the case by it's nature- but that wasn't the point in posting.

It's more to bring attention to the "deemster" profiteers out there.

It's easy to recognize and reject the kind of rhetoric that is spewed by people that land so far outside of your subjective ideology. To you, drugs are good, to them, they are bad. Some of the reasons these people think drugs are bad is because people do things like make them in clandestine spaces (I'm not saying "lab" ),and doing so carelessly using potentially dangerous products that can contaminate properties which they then leave others to be exposed. If you've ever lived in a community devastated by meth addiction, you'd understand this fear a little better. They don't like drugs because people sell them on a black market and they produce unpredictable effects whenpeople do them. Try to see outside of your bubble, it is clear after all.

Now you know and i know that the drug war only creates and exacerbates the damages that drugs do to society but the fact thing remains that there is damage.

Apologetics is a dangerous attitude. It prevents one from seeing negative impacts of something they are involved in and in the case of the psychedelic community has and does allow for the proliferation of questionable or non-existent ethics.

Focusing on the status-quo uneducated LEO rhetoric as opposed to looking at the nature of the OP and discussing those considerations is expected (as noted in the OP) and disappointing.
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

Lowtones
#10 Posted : 9/16/2018 5:33:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

While I totally agree with you guys, is it surprising that it is being mis-represented? Very few people really know what dmt is, if they have even heard of it, and most certainly don't understand it. I have a feeling the police force in Utah isn't personally familiar with the effects of dmt.

Yes it is upsetting, but when they find what they did it's not hard to understand where a negative view would come from. Plus, it's Utah...I don't think they can even have beer over 3% Shocked

null24
#11 Posted : 9/16/2018 5:37:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Lowtones wrote:
While I totally agree with you guys, is it surprising that it is being mis-represented? Very few people really know what dmt is, if they have even heard of it, and most certainly don't understand it. I have a feeling the police force in Utah isn't personally familiar with the effects of dmt.

Yes it is upsetting, but when they find what they did it's not hard to understand where a negative view would come from. Plus, it's Utah...I don't think they can even have beer over 3% Shocked

Shoot, it's not even that well known in a state that's searching forthe 40% THC marihuana strain.

Could it be so? Do we have some responsibility if we want to promote harm reduction?

What do y'all think?

I'll tell you one thing, I'm not motivated to set up a gofundme for this jerks Utah bail.

On another front, Mormonism is something i know little about but do understand that among many other things, Joseph Smith was into the Entheo-experience as catalyzed through both esoteric practice and...drugs! Its a pretty weird religion, even within the Homoerotic BDSM zombie-death-cult that is xianity.

*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

Loveall
#12 Posted : 9/16/2018 7:16:18 PM

❤️‍🔥

Don't get me wrong, selling for profit is not right. Never meant to imply otherwise. I'm just not convinced this is what was going on here.

Also, I did not mean to imply DMT is completely harmless and pure good. While it is a powerful drug, potentially beneficial and non-adictive, it can cause issues. The specific problem I'm aware of is trauma from a bad trip. All powerful drugs can cause issues if misused. That is why accurate information is so important in harm reduction.

I get things wrong all the time by the way, but I put an effort to approximate the truth. I'm not so sure those that make a living selling illegal drugs or prosecuting their sale do the same. Money can corrupt the brain in my opinion. The news people could do better though, so I'm more dissapointing in them.

hug46
#13 Posted : 9/16/2018 8:20:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Loveall wrote:
Don't get me wrong, selling for profit is not right. Never meant to imply otherwise. I'm just not convinced this is what was going on here.

Yeah. On the strength of that article in relation to factual content, i too would question whether that guy was selling.

Lowtones
#14 Posted : 9/16/2018 11:40:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

null24 wrote:

Could it be so? Do we have some responsibility if we want to promote harm reduction?

On another front, Mormonism is something i know little about but do understand that among many other things, Joseph Smith was into the Entheo-experience as catalyzed through both esoteric practice and...drugs! Its a pretty weird religion, even within the Homoerotic BDSM zombie-death-cult that is xianity.

Are you talking about educating the public here, with harm reduction? If so, that's a good question. Is potentially exposing oneself worth educating the public?

Yes, Mormonism is quite strange, but I didn't know that Joseph Smith was into entheo drug experience. Homoerotic BDSM zombie-death cult Laughing love it.

As far as dealing, no, from the article we don't have enough to make that conclusion. But when they say "a bunch" I can imagine...a good amount of spice for personal use looks like almost nothing. One of the neighbors also mentions "a lot of people coming and going." While neither of these are proof and could be fabricated, it sounds to me like it was probable.

Loveall
#15 Posted : 9/17/2018 6:42:27 AM

❤️‍🔥

We don't have all the information, and I don't know if he was selling or not for sure.

However, I present the following screencapture showing what looks like a quart size solvent can as exculpatory evidence. The lineup in the image indicates a guy doing small personal extractions.

I'm just glad the image does not have a small sepparatory funnel and a magnetic stir plate: if it did, the DA may have gone on CNN instead of the local news and declared the toppling of an international drug cartel. Oh, and if one of those $50 centrifuges from China was in the picture, then the DA may claim to be saving us from criminal plans for world domination.

Razz

Joking aside, false fears and missinformation are powerful tools used to shape public opinion and genertate disfunction (e.g. the war on drugs). We need to stand up to them.
Loveall attached the following image(s):
IMG_20180917_013742.jpg (46kb) downloaded 183 time(s).

hug46
#16 Posted : 9/17/2018 7:43:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Lowtones wrote:
But when they say "a bunch" I can imagine...a good amount of spice for personal use looks like almost nothing. One of the neighbors also mentions "a lot of people coming and going." While neither of these are proof and could be fabricated, it sounds to me like it was probable.

When they say "a bunch of stuff" , that just makes me think they are being very vague. For all we know it could be source material rather than extracted DMT that has been found. News papers/sites never let the truth get in the way of a good story and i think that the police often exaggerate the busts that they have made in order to look more efficient.

Jees
#17 Posted : 9/17/2018 2:21:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Loveall wrote:
...I'm just glad the image does not have a small sepparatory funnel...
It does at the right Pleased

Feeling so pissed bc some person/family going to suffer because of a confituur jar of naphtha Mad

Loveall
#18 Posted : 9/17/2018 2:31:58 PM

❤️‍🔥

Jees wrote:
Loveall wrote:
...I'm just glad the image does not have a small sepparatory funnel...
It does at the right Pleased

Feeling so pissed bc some person/family going to suffer because of a confituur jar of naphtha Mad

Wow I missed that! Embarrased Thank you Jees.

dreamer042
#19 Posted : 9/17/2018 5:21:13 PM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

They were being evicted and had the active extraction sitting in their car. Cops investigating a burglary at the apartment complex could smell the solvent. Confused

And the Darwin award goes to....
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

Jees
#20 Posted : 9/18/2018 3:16:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Mega face palm Crying or very sad

12NEXT