We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Why quidding salvia is so inefficient (and what you can do about it) Options

Zebbie
#21 Posted : 8/11/2018 6:58:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The finer you grind the powder, the stronger it gets!

The trichomes on the underside of salvia leaf are very small - of the order of 30 microns in diameter. So if you want to be sure all the trichomes have been ruptured, you have to grind the powder to about 20 microns diameter. This is finer than wheat flour, and is similar to talcum powder or corn flour.

In practice, I just grind the powder for about 5 minutes. It still has a slightly gritty feel to it when I nibble with my teeth. But it is twice as strong as the equivalent amount of whole dried leaf.

I have written a pdf tek to consolidate all the information in a single document (see attachment).

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

obliguhl
#22 Posted : 8/11/2018 7:07:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Cool, Zebbie tek in pdf form Smile
I also noticed that the powder easily sticks to you mucous membranes, so you can basically coat your mouth with the paste and wait until saliva builds up, then start swishing. You know oil pulling? Like that....

Now i just have to come to terms with salvia. It's such a neutral feeling for me at best, and sometimes i feel like an evil overlord with tremendous power. Which i don't have...the salvia spirits make sure i know.

obliguhl
#23 Posted : 8/14/2018 8:46:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ok, i tried it again this time i upped the dose from 600mg to 1g, smaller ground. Did not use acetylsalicylic acid this time and had a piece of kava candy with lemon balm. Oh and coffee in the morning, heaps of it.

Can't really say the experience was more intense.

At the peak i felt as if i was in some sort of cocoon or a wasps nest trying to break free. But it was all quite dim, sort of like ayahuasca with only little light. You could sort of sense things but not see them.

With Salvia there seems to be a distinct point where the door gets slammed shut and a proper trip begins. That wasn't reached unfortunatly. Engine failure.

Zebbie
#24 Posted : 8/15/2018 12:30:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

A man after my own heart! Not scared of experimenting on himself.

obliguhl wrote:

With Salvia there seems to be a distinct point where the door gets slammed shut and a proper trip begins. That wasn't reached unfortunatly. Engine failure.

Do you smoke salvia, obliguhl? Are you comparing the powder trip to a smoking trip?

On another thread, physics envy and I are developing a series of enhanced salvia powders. At higher doses, these enhanced powders appear to have something in common with smoked salvia. We would be very pleased and honoured if you join us in our quest!

jupiter2344
#25 Posted : 10/2/2022 3:50:59 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hello, i want to know if besides the vinegar and the glycerin have you ever added lecithin to the mixture?

dithyramb
#26 Posted : 10/2/2022 11:54:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I guess it's not possible to scrape off the trichomes.
The consciousness of plants is a constant source of information for medicine, alimentation, and art, and an example of the intelligence and creative imagination of nature. Much of my education I owe to the intelligence of these great teachers. Thus I consider myself to be the “representative” of plants, and for this reason I assert that if they cut down the trees and burn what’s left of the rainforests, it is the same as burning a whole library of books without ever having read them.

~ Pablo Amaringo

downwardsfromzero
#27 Posted : 10/3/2022 10:36:38 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

jupiter2344 wrote:
Hello, i want to know if besides the vinegar and the glycerin have you ever added lecithin to the mixture?

What would you suggest the benefit of adding lecithin might be? Is it something you've tried yourself?

The goal here is to enhance absorption of active substances through the oral mucosa, as far as I can gather.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

jupiter2344
#28 Posted : 10/5/2022 12:03:03 AM
DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
jupiter2344 wrote:

What would you suggest the benefit of adding lecithin might be? Is it something you've tried yourself?

The goal here is to enhance absorption of active substances through the oral mucosa, as far as I can gather.

I asked because in other thread Zebbie mention it,( https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=80601 ), as something to add to increase absorption: "1. Grind the salvia with a small amount of lecithin. Lecithin is a food grade emulsifier. It is used routinely as a component of sublingual drug delivery systems."
And when i read the tek in this post i was surprised that lecithin wasnt mentioned. And i was wondering if that was because it doesnt change the results in the mixture of glycerin + vinegar or it just wasnt tried.
(sorry for my poor english)

downwardsfromzero
#29 Posted : 10/5/2022 2:48:40 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

OK, thanks for clearing that up. My suggestion would be to try with and without the lecithin and see if there is a discernible difference. This is still pretty marginal and novel.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

PREV12