We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Moses and the burning bush Options

ajlala
#21 Posted : 11/13/2018 3:37:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

null24 wrote:

Maybe the disappeared Lebanese cypress forests supplied mushrooms, maybe.

Ancient Israel was full of forests. So they must have had many kinds of mushroom available if they wanted them.

This is how it looks outside Jerusalem:

Today, it's popular to go mushroom picking in Israel
http://ledameredith.com/...shroom-walks-in-israel/

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

ajlala
#22 Posted : 11/13/2018 3:40:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Lowtones wrote:

I've found this whole discussion quite interesting, and I do not doubt that our ancestors may have discovered DMT and or/other psychedelics through alchemical practice or other means. I understand how some of this information may have been suppressed, but personally I find it unlikely that it wouldn't have been passed down at least through oral tradition as it was in the Amazon. I also understand that the western, Judeo-Christian worldview can be much more critical of substances such as this, but it makes sense to me that something would have survived in oral tradition, and that we would have known something about it in the western world before the 20th century. Thoughts?

In medieval Russia, the intoxifying effects of amanita muscaria were likely known to peasants (there are many 19th century Russian accounts of how peasants would get "drunk" on it).

Moreover, think about "witches" in our own culture, who were accused of making "magic potions" with strange ingredients.

These "witches" were then heavily persecuted, when 30,000-60,000 "witches" were executed across Europe:
https://en.wikipedia.org..._the_early_modern_period

PREV12