We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV123NEXT
Fruiting mushrooms pic update, (one question about spore prints) anyone who could help thanks Options

Hatter
#21 Posted : 6/11/2018 5:46:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

These are 4 1b bags of Costa ricans I nocced on June 1st. They look great to me so far. Fingers crossed ×××
Hatter attached the following image(s):
IMG_20180611_124126_hdr.jpg (453kb) downloaded 155 time(s).

You are an explorer, and you represent our species, and the greatest good you can do is to bring back a new idea, because our world is endangered by the absence of good ideas. Our world is in crisis because of the absence of consciousness.”
-Terence McKenna

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Metashaman
#22 Posted : 6/11/2018 6:10:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I had really good luck the first few times, and you may have a sterile environment where everything is perfect, however... If it isn't one thing that really helped me was learning about all of the ways to "pre-prepare" for inoculation.

The faster things inoculate, the less chance of mold. While I have had casing mold it is almost always the grain.

Spores from syringe about 3-4 weeks on average.
Agar lets you get your myc out to a nice run before you innoc. 2-3 weeks.
Grain to Grain 2 weeks.
Liquid culture is super fast 1-2 weeks.
Slants let you keep your myc for years when you are done.

For me the hardest part about mushrooms is stopping.. Oh this one jar I can turn into 200...

Slants made it easy to stop and know I could start again later easily if needed makes the "well I could just keep going" less of a need.

The other advice, if you get to too many, look up alcohol teks. Way easier to spill a bottle of alcohol than hide a big bag in a case of an emergency.

Once you get it down, even with failures you can get to a point really fast where you ask "What am I going to do with all of this".
Creator of PS.. Home of the Jester and the Akashic Record (DMT Monster Manual).
If Chat is down here, feel free to take refuge in Experience Report Chat til it's back up.

Hatter
#23 Posted : 6/11/2018 6:39:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Does anyone know the humidity level the bulk substrate should be colonizing in?

You are an explorer, and you represent our species, and the greatest good you can do is to bring back a new idea, because our world is endangered by the absence of good ideas. Our world is in crisis because of the absence of consciousness.”
-Terence McKenna

Hatter
#24 Posted : 6/11/2018 6:40:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Those four bags of Costa ricans are also brf and verm.

-Terence McKenna

Hatter
#25 Posted : 6/11/2018 6:46:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Metashaman said,

Grain to Grain 2 weeks.

I'm working on learning these techniques, and plan to take prints and make lc and possibly clones, and more syringes, though lc is prolly gonna be my next venture

-Terence McKenna

Metashaman
#26 Posted : 6/11/2018 7:36:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hatter wrote:
Metashaman said,

Grain to Grain 2 weeks.

I'm working on learning these techniques, and plan to take prints and make lc and possibly clones, and more syringes, though lc is prolly gonna be my next venture

One of the downsides of the work I've seen with LC, is the 2 people I know who are religious about it and super clean state, they can usually only get one innoc (meaning pull it all at one time for many jars) per LC. For some reason no matter how many times they clean the syringe or use new ones.. the LC seems to go bad a few weeks after they pull from it.

The way one of the people handled that was using Slant containers for LC since they are smaller and PC proof, so instead of one big jar they had 30 little jars.

Take care Hatter C-137
If Chat is down here, feel free to take refuge in Experience Report Chat til it's back up.

Hatter
#27 Posted : 6/12/2018 3:13:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This is my first time cultivating

-Terence McKenna

Hatter
#28 Posted : 6/12/2018 3:14:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

and I love watching this grow

-Terence McKenna

Hatter
#29 Posted : 6/12/2018 3:15:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This is day three

-Terence McKenna

Hatter
#30 Posted : 6/12/2018 3:24:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Oh

-Terence McKenna

Hatter
#31 Posted : 6/12/2018 3:50:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Here

-Terence McKenna

Hatter
#32 Posted : 6/12/2018 3:57:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Are

-Terence McKenna

Hatter
#33 Posted : 6/12/2018 3:58:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

some pics

-Terence McKenna

CatPharm
#34 Posted : 6/12/2018 4:41:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thumbs up
CatPharm attached the following image(s):
tmpwrST7i.jpg (264kb) downloaded 98 time(s).
tmpA1ugwq.jpg (274kb) downloaded 101 time(s).

Hatter
#35 Posted : 6/12/2018 4:56:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for getting them up, u the man! Anyone with experience, could you let me know how these are looking?

-Terence McKenna

Hatter
#36 Posted : 6/13/2018 3:33:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hyphal knots are forming is it time for fruiting????
IMG_20180613_100913_hdr.jpg (664kb) downloaded 76 time(s).

-Terence McKenna

Hatter
#37 Posted : 6/13/2018 3:41:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Tray 1
Tray 2

I started fruiting conditions, is this wrong?
Anyone with experience please chime in..

I didn't realize how beautiful myc could be, it's truly
Awesome to watch grow
IMG_20180613_104037_hdr.jpg (745kb) downloaded 73 time(s).
IMG_20180613_104046_hdr.jpg (733kb) downloaded 72 time(s).

-Terence McKenna

Metashaman
#38 Posted : 6/13/2018 7:46:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hatter wrote:
Tray 1
Tray 2

I started fruiting conditions, is this wrong?
Anyone with experience please chime in..

I didn't realize how beautiful myc could be, it's truly
Awesome to watch grow

Looks great here! This is like getting a psychedelic scout badge.. take yourself out to dinner or something.

Spaced Out 2
#39 Posted : 6/13/2018 10:32:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I feel it would benefit from a casing layer which you could always add on second flush. Other than that it looks good, nice job!

Hatter
#40 Posted : 6/14/2018 3:58:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

"A psychedelic scout badge", I might have joined if they offered this.

Thanks for the responses. I sometimes worry too much.

I read a casing layer isn't necessary with cubes, but my surface is kind of uneven, on the second flush I'll add one, thanks for the advice.

-Terence McKenna

PREV123NEXT