We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
How long will it take me to recover from from first 3g dose of psilocybin? Options

Tara123
#21 Posted : 5/2/2018 6:49:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Haha yeah I feel like they do! Big grin on my first trip it was like they were just wanting to show me things. It was very cool Big grin

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

TGO
#22 Posted : 5/3/2018 4:08:42 AM

Music is alive and in your soul. It can move you. It can carry you. It can make you cry! Make you laugh. Most importantly, it makes you feel! What is more important than that?

Welcoming committee

Astonish wrote:
Listen friend, first off, you do NOT need a sitter; in fact it would be better if you did not have one.

Thumbs down Thumbs down

This is absolutely terrible advice, Astonish. A sitter can be one of the most beneficial things in a psychonaut's toolbox, and adamantly recommending against it does not jive well with the forum attitude.

Someone new to tripping has absolutely no idea what they are getting themselves into, regardless of the dose. Some people are not as well equipped to handle such things as others and might need someone there to calm them down or comfort them through a rough patch of the experience. How do you know the OP won't need that? Just because YOU don't doesn't mean they won't.

A breakthrough experience on any psychedelic does not necessarily incapacitate the person who ingested them. This means that someone tripping on their own for the first few times (or anyone, at any time), can take too much and end up wandering out into the real world, whether they realize it or not due to inebriation, and getting hurt or jailed. This can happen even when careful consideration has been taken for set and setting. A "safe place" doesn't mean much if you can't distinguish reality from the experience and your front door is only a few feet away. I know from personal experience.

You have no idea who the OP is, where they live, or their personal situation. It is true that one may not "need" a sitter but to completely dismiss it is thoughtless and irresponsible.

New to The Nexus? Check These Out:

One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish

Eaglepath
#23 Posted : 5/6/2018 7:26:48 AM

I rather root my values in my own hallucinations than in society´s neurotic illusions..

I usually ask the mushroom to be my sitterSmile
"Too cute to live, too cozy to die" - Eaglepath

PREV12