We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV910111213NEXT»
What scale do you use? Options

ymer
#201 Posted : 9/27/2013 11:25:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

starway6 wrote:
DeDao wrote:
ymer wrote:
I have a 0.001g up to 20g scale from ebay, it was about $15 and it's very good with free shipping directly from china.

Same here! Thumbs up

only 15 dollars?...Is it fairly acurate?
Is the same scale still available?
Can you show me how i can order this same scale?

This is the one I have http://www.ebay.com/itm/...&hash=item19def6dc32

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

starway6
#202 Posted : 9/28/2013 12:08:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

ymer wrote:
starway6 wrote:
DeDao wrote:
ymer wrote:
I have a 0.001g up to 20g scale from ebay, it was about $15 and it's very good with free shipping directly from china.

Same here! Thumbs up

Thanks..have you checked its acuracy?
I have seen that scale advertized for 40 dollars.. so 15 bucks is a good deal if it lasts a while and is reasonably acurate..
Ill give it a shot..Smile

idtravlr
#203 Posted : 9/28/2013 3:13:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

starway6 wrote:
ymer wrote:
starway6 wrote:
DeDao wrote:
ymer wrote:

Same here! Thumbs up

Thanks..have you checked its acuracy?
I have seen that scale advertized for 40 dollars.. so 15 bucks is a good deal if it lasts a while and is reasonably acurate..
Ill give it a shot..Smile

Yeah, that's a pretty good scale for the price (especially for the $15 price!). I have the next model up from this one, and IH has this one and I'm actually able to get better sensitivity from this one than my more expensive one. The thing with all of these cheaper scales (even in the $100 range) is that although they are pretty accurate once they register, they they often don't register very well below 10mg or so. IH's (this one) seems to start registering around 4mg or so.
I am not a drug addict seeking escape from reality. I am an explorer of consciousness challenging consensus reality.

…is DMT dangerous? The answer is only if you fear death by astonishment… [crowd laughter]… Remember how you laughed when this possibility was raised… a moment will come that will wipe the smile right off your face.
-Terence McKenna

Entheogenerator
#204 Posted : 9/28/2013 1:50:14 PM

Homo discens

I have the same one, I think (AWS Gemini 20), and it has been very reliable for me. I was astonished at how cheap it was, so I was actually surprised that it has worked so well. Thumbs up
"It's all fun and games until someone loses an I" - Ringworm
Attitude PageHealth & SafetyFAQKnown Substance InteractionsExtraction TeksThe Machine

starway6
#205 Posted : 9/29/2013 1:15:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the info on this scale!
Ill try to order one soon!Smile

Naniiina3
#206 Posted : 3/5/2014 12:54:02 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi all, I was wondering what I should do scale-wise with DMT. I know you are supposed to have a milligram scale, and many say that it is very important to have, but I am having difficulty finding one. I had thought this one had said milligrams, but it turns out it was just .01gram increments. I'm not sure I really can order one online. I went to a smoke shop and found the one that I just bought, it was $35, but now that I'm looking at it, I'm a bit nervous about it, since now I'm realizing it isn't the precise milligrams. How do you guys measure your DMT? Is there any way to make this scale that I got work okay? Its IDOL-100 digital pocket scale AWS. Thanks in advance everyone

AcaciaConfusedYah
#207 Posted : 3/5/2014 1:26:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

My actions may be frowned upon, but I don't weigh my dose. I've only ingested via changa or piling on top of some herbs.

I can tell when I haven't put enough, but I've yet to complain about too much.
Sometimes it's good for a change. Other times it isn't.

Entheogenerator
#208 Posted : 3/5/2014 4:24:37 AM

Homo discens

There are a handful of experienced users on the forum who never use a scale. I personally do not recommend this at all. A small change in dose can have a significant impact on the experience, particularly with smaller doses. Eyeballing is not even remotely accurate, despite how skilled at it one believes they are. Even the $20-$50 .001g scales aren't really much more accurate than a nice .01g scale.

If you are unwilling or unable to purchase an accurate .001g scale, I would recommend weighing a known amount of DMT (let's say 1g, for example) with a calibrated and reasonably accurate .01g scale, and then dissolving the DMT in a known amount of 99% isopropyl alcohol (let's say 500mL, for example). Then you can use a graduated pipette or syringe to measure out a dose. This method is referred to as volumetric dosing, and it astronomically more accurate than using a .01g scale or eyeballing. In this example, a 20mg dose would be contained in 10mL IPA. This can be evaporated onto leaf matter in a shot glass or similar vessel, a la MicroChanga.
Attitude PageHealth & SafetyFAQKnown Substance InteractionsExtraction TeksThe Machine

Archmage
#209 Posted : 3/5/2014 6:57:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Naniiina3 wrote:
Hi all, I was wondering what I should do scale-wise with DMT. I know you are supposed to have a milligram scale, and many say that it is very important to have, but I am having difficulty finding one. I had thought this one had said milligrams, but it turns out it was just .01gram increments. I'm not sure I really can order one online. I went to a smoke shop and found the one that I just bought, it was $35, but now that I'm looking at it, I'm a bit nervous about it, since now I'm realizing it isn't the precise milligrams. How do you guys measure your DMT? Is there any way to make this scale that I got work okay? Its IDOL-100 digital pocket scale AWS. Thanks in advance everyone

Nan,
Return the tenth scale and order one fm amazon. 20 bucks and you're good. NTM, all purchases on amazon are https (secure) and shipping contents are secure. The units sell as jewelry scales.

Good luck. Don't stress.
-=Archmage=-

..."We are caged by our cultural programming. Culture is a mass hallucination, and when you step outside the mass hallucination you see it for what it’s worth. You are a divine being. You matter, you count. You come from realms of unimaginable power and light, and you will return to those realms."

AcaciaConfusedYah
#210 Posted : 3/5/2014 1:31:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Those guys were much more helpful than my response. Smile

I have my reasons why I do what I do. A number tends to be bound to an expectation. I think expectations are the best way to limit an experience.

If you are looking to limit the experience, due to inexperience or uncertainty, get that scale. This is helpful because that number gives you an idea to cling on to during the "too weird". It can be comforting

And, I'm not trying to seem cool or tough because, "I don't weigh". Lol. I don't put extreme amounts and try to blast to the moon. I just enjoy the random.

Earthwalker
#211 Posted : 3/5/2014 1:45:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I to ATM don't use scales only because I can't really afford the money just yet , but you can still use the scales you have just measure in grams just go for .02 or 0.3 that should do the trick !!Thumbs up
0.02 is 20 -29mg , 0.03 is 30 - 39mg

ymer
#212 Posted : 3/5/2014 4:50:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Earthwalker wrote:
I to ATM don't use scales only because I can't really afford the money just yet , but you can still use the scales you have just measure in grams just go for .02 or 0.3 that should do the trick !!Thumbs up

Actually 0.02 could be from 0.01 to 0.03

I would really encourage you to get a 0.001 scale from ebay, they are about $20 shipped worldwide and are quite good for the price.

Archmage
#213 Posted : 3/5/2014 6:09:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ymer wrote:
Earthwalker wrote:

Actually 0.02 could be from 0.01 to 0.03

I would really encourage you to get a 0.001 scale from ebay, they are about $20 shipped worldwide and are quite good for the price.

Just to reinforce.... what is said in both posts above are for the most part accurate.
On a tenth scale... you can weigh... and if you're at .02.... onece it changes when adding little by little to the scale from .02 to .03 you can be fairly certain that you are indeed at 30mg and when I say little by little I mean that. Milligrams are one thousand of a gram... so make sure you're careful.... OR... just bite the bullet and order the milligram scale... They are very cheap now adays.
-=Archmage=-

..."We are caged by our cultural programming. Culture is a mass hallucination, and when you step outside the mass hallucination you see it for what it’s worth. You are a divine being. You matter, you count. You come from realms of unimaginable power and light, and you will return to those realms."

Entheogenerator
#214 Posted : 3/5/2014 11:13:58 PM

Homo discens

Archmage wrote:

Just to reinforce.... what is said in both posts above are for the most part accurate.
On a tenth scale... you can weigh... and if you're at .02.... onece it changes when adding little by little to the scale from .02 to .03 you can be fairly certain that you are indeed at 30mg and when I say little by little I mean that. Milligrams are one thousand of a gram... so make sure you're careful.... OR... just bite the bullet and order the milligram scale... They are very cheap now adays.

This isn't necessarily the case. Every scale has a margin of error, or accuracy rating, and many of the inexpensive .01g scales have an accuracy of somewhere around +/- .02g. This means that despite the fact that the screen on the scale says .03g, the actual weight could be anywhere from .01g to .05g.

AcaciaConfusedYah wrote:

I have my reasons why I do what I do. A number tends to be bound to an expectation. I think expectations are the best way to limit an experience.

If you are looking to limit the experience, due to inexperience or uncertainty, get that scale. This is helpful because that number gives you an idea to cling on to during the "too weird". It can be comforting

And, I'm not trying to seem cool or tough because, "I don't weigh". Lol. I don't put extreme amounts and try to blast to the moon. I just enjoy the random.

I'm not following your logic here. Can you please explain how accurate dosing "limits the experience"? Because the vast majority of highly experienced members on this forum use a milligram scale to weigh doses of DMT, in the name of accuracy and safety, and I have never heard anyone say that they felt it was limiting the experience in any way.

AcaciaConfusedYah
#215 Posted : 3/5/2014 11:29:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It's not logical and poor advice to share. I'll keep it to myself from now on.

I start by trying a small amount of each batch, and add a small amount until I feel comfortable.

Naniiina3
#216 Posted : 3/6/2014 12:20:23 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Yes, I just noticed the inaccuracy thing. I was putting chinchilla dust on my scale to test it and it won't even recognize there is anything on there until it reaches .03g, and I can't really have that inaccuracy for this substance, especially being a first time. There is a milligram scale at the store that I got it at, but it is $70. I guess I may look online since you guys said that it is cheaper there? I really wasn't wanting to order it online, but if that's my only option, then I'll figure something out.

ymer
#217 Posted : 3/6/2014 12:52:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Naniiina3 wrote:
Yes, I just noticed the inaccuracy thing. I was putting chinchilla dust on my scale to test it and it won't even recognize there is anything on there until it reaches .03g, and I can't really have that inaccuracy for this substance, especially being a first time. There is a milligram scale at the store that I got it at, but it is $70. I guess I may look online since you guys said that it is cheaper there? I really wasn't wanting to order it online, but if that's my only option, then I'll figure something out.

ebay item # 200769281740

$14.92 shipped to your door, I can guarantee it's an excellent scale.

anrchy
#218 Posted : 3/6/2014 1:28:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

If you do a search of the forum you will find many threads on this. Please use search before posting questions. Instead of spoon feeding other members can help to reduce redundant topics such as this by suggesting using search.
Open your Mind () Please read my DMT vaping guide () Fear is the mind killer

"Energy flows where attention goes"

[Please review the forum Wiki and FAQ before posting questions]

Earthwalker
#219 Posted : 3/6/2014 4:56:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

anrchy wrote:
If you do a search of the forum you will find many threads on this. Please use search before posting questions. Instead of spoon feeding other members can help to reduce redundant topics such as this by suggesting using search.

I don't agree with spoon feeding I think research is the key !

I also find that the search is there for a reason use it !!

But in some cases certain questions aren't asked for a easy answer there asked for advice and this is a forum so why can't we

ask questions without certain members getting all bent out of shape for gods sake !!

Maybe we can just ask the one that posts the topic to have a mod to delete it once they have the information !!

And yes the tenth scales are inaccurate so just bite the bullit and fork out the $20 !

Naniiina3
#220 Posted : 3/6/2014 7:56:32 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I am going to order this scale: http://www.amazon.com/gp...&smid=A1OXMGBNNDVO3Y

But I apologize for this. It can be deleted if one wishes, I did get the information that I need. Thank you everyone, you all helped a lot!

«PREV910111213NEXT»