We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
How much time is advisable for first trip. Options

antares
#21 Posted : 1/11/2018 1:06:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Good day ladies and gentlemen of the nexus. I am here to report back on my first trip and I am afraid it didn't pan out the way I hoped it wouldCrying or very sad . However, it wasn't a complete waste of time and there was much I learnt and have to think about before I make my next attempt.

I started off by re-weighing my spice. The last time I weighed it, it was around 70-90mg but after loading it in the cup, it seemed to weigh about 100mgConfused (I need to buy some 10g scales. I don't think my 20g ones are accurate enough). I managed to fit in the entire 100 mg into the cup but it was full to the brim. I will post my settings on the Mr Bald T thread to keep things tidy.

After about 20 min of meditation, I went upstairs, sat in bed and hit the button and inhaled. The device worked perfectlyThumbs up . Huge amounts of vapour were produced without too much delayPleased . I found the vapour extremely harsh even though it wasn't badly burnt. As much as I tried, I couldn't suppress my cough reflex. I had a burning sensation from the back of my throat all the way down to my lungs. The tip of both my upper and lower lips were slightly swollen, burning and numb all at the same time. I coughed out most of the vapour almost immediately. Unfortunately, this happened with the second and third hit alsoEmbarrased .

I lay down and closed my eyes. I felt mildly anxious and very cold and I crawled under the duvet for warmth. I was hyperventilating and my heart was racing so I did some slow breathing and this eased things considerably. Then the closed eye visuals started. It started off as grey patterns on a black background and then became very bright and colourful patterns on a black background. Some were geometric and fluorescent and others were organic like dividing bacteria and had had a halo like glow around them. The background was persistently triangular in shape and it it seemed to be zooming inwards from the sides towards the centre. I had a brief flash of some ancient Egyptian art and a flash of multiple eyes in the style of an Alex Grey painting but I never went beyond this.

I dropped the vaporiser on its side when I lay down, so the remnants spilled out of the cup and I couldn't try again. I went downstairs after returning to base line and made myself a cup of tea but drinking it was excruciatingly painful because of how sore the back of my throat was. It is now nearly an hour since I had the spice and my lips and throat are a bit better but my wind pipe still feels a bit raw - like I have bronchitis.

While the trip was a bit disappointing, I have learnt that:

1. I am going to have to come up with some way of controlling my cough reflex.
2. The device I have is quite capable of doing the job. I think it is quite capable of delivering a breakthrough dose.
3. The device is very easy to clean afterwards.

My plan of action is to:
Extract some more spice when I get some private time (process already started).
Try a lower temperature setting on the device.
Suck some mints prior to inhalation to try to 'cool'my airway down.
Plan B will be to look for some sort of ice cooled device and learn some pranayama exercises.
Failing this, Mimohuasca with some Syrian rue would be the last resort but getting enough private time would be quite difficult my current situation.

I would greatly appreciate any thoughts, observations and advice.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

tseuq
#22 Posted : 1/11/2018 1:27:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have no experience with e-cigs/vaping cups as vaping device, but..

antares wrote:
I found the vapour extremely harsh even though it wasn't badly burnt. As much as I tried, I couldn't suppress my cough reflex. I had a burning sensation from the back of my throat all the way down to my lungs. The tip of both my upper and lower lips were slightly swollen, burning and numb all at the same time. I coughed out most of the vapour almost immediately.

....made myself a cup of tea but drinking it was excruciatingly painful because of how sore the back of my throat was. It is now nearly an hour since I had the spice and my lips and throat are a bit better but my wind pipe still feels a bit raw - like I have bronchitis.

..this doesn't sound like fun Sick , I guess ..

antares wrote:
Try a lower temperature setting on the device.

..is the key for a decent blast off. Smile

Happy and safe travels, tseuq
Everything's sooo peyote-ful..

obliguhl
#23 Posted : 1/11/2018 1:50:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
I found the vapour extremely harsh even though it wasn't badly burnt. As much as I tried, I couldn't suppress my cough reflex. I had a burning sensation from the back of my throat all the way down to my lungs.

I'm getting the same pain everytime. I tried countless ways to overcome this. Different ways to vaporize because everyone told me it is supposed to be "smooth" if vaped correctly and they could not even feel it. I tried mullein, tried to cool down the vapor before..nothing.

They key to not coughing is out is to endure the pain.

From your experience i would say you properly inhaled maybe 10-15mg - a very light dose.

tseuq
#24 Posted : 1/11/2018 1:55:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

obliguhl wrote:

Ouch Crying or very sad

tseuq

antares
#25 Posted : 1/11/2018 3:32:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

obliguhl wrote:

I'm getting the same pain everytime. I tried countless ways to overcome this. Different ways to vaporize because everyone told me it is supposed to be "smooth" if vaped correctly and they could not even feel it. I tried mullein, tried to cool down the vapor before..nothing.

From your experience i would say you properly inhaled maybe 10-15mg - a very light dose.

That is very useful to know. It will save me a lot of time, effort and money. The slightly swollen and burning lips were the most worrying thing for me. I was afraid that I was developing a nasty allergic reaction. Has anyone else experienced this?

obliguhl
#26 Posted : 1/11/2018 5:13:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

tseuq wrote:
obliguhl wrote:

Ouch Crying or very sad

tseuq

It is one of the reasons i don't vape it anymore Sad

And swollen lips...sounds a bit extreme though....

jiva
#27 Posted : 1/11/2018 6:19:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

obliguhl wrote:

And swollen lips...sounds a bit extreme though....

is this something that happens more when you use a e-cig?
if so, i do not understand why people prefer e-cig over the GVG

antares
#28 Posted : 1/11/2018 9:46:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It wasn't really a visible swelling, but I could feel it just in a tiny area in the mid-line. On reflection, my lips might have strayed past the glass mouthpiece on to the metal bit. If it was due to my lips touching something hot rather than a reaction to the spice, I would attribute it to user error as it was the first time I have ever user an e-cig type device. This shouldn't really put anyone off as it is pretty obvious where your lips are meant to stay. Only a numpty like me would make a stupid mistake like thatRolling eyes .

tseuq
#29 Posted : 1/12/2018 9:34:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

obliguhl wrote:

During my first steps and even after, mostly when testing new devices, I have sometimes burnt the spice and it felt horrible! Shocked Sick

When snorting 5-MeO or DMT, pain has to be expected...

.. but enduring pain while vaping is, in my opinion, NOT the way you want to go. I think even when vaped almost clean, the vape is still harmful for your soft organic lungs.

Better change your ROA:

- a strong changa blend smoalked in a glass bong with a nice defuser chillum and cooling water does a perfect job.

Northerner wrote:
It's also fine to make a stronger mix and just put less in your pipe. That way in the future you can just put moar in if you want. Smile

- dabbing spice is super for freebase only. Use the bong and just change the cone to a quartz banger, heat up and blast off. Perfect!

Dabbing DMT: The Way Of The Future

Please, don't give up smoalking!

tseuq Love

obliguhl
#30 Posted : 1/12/2018 9:47:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
During my first steps and even after, mostly when testing new devices, I have sometimes burnt the spice and it felt horrible!

Yeah, that's for sure one step above the normal pain, it is horrid!

I think bong hits in general are great since you're getting everything in with one lungful and there is no time for the vapor to irritate your upper respiratory tract. It is still not good for your lungs, that is for sure! Smile

Mister_Niles
#31 Posted : 1/12/2018 8:33:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

There are good reasons for the existence of the cult of the GVG.
Get one. Get a good digital scale. Never look back.
Smile
Welcome Home Mister_Niles. We've Been Waiting For You.

"Don't worry. When it happens, you won't be able to not let it do its thing. You won't have the ability to distinguish a pen from a hippopotamus"
- Art Van D'lay

obliguhl
#32 Posted : 1/13/2018 9:10:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Mister_Niles wrote:

Smile

To be fair, the same cult existed for the classic vaporgenie before and everyone was like "You will never notice the vapor" and whatnot. So having never tried the GVG i can't really comment on this but i'm certainly cautious about people claiming that it turns dmt vapor into gentle clouds with bubblegum flavour.

My ceramic cup e-cig device is as good as the classic VG vaporizing, if not better. Certainly more convinient.

â—‹
#33 Posted : 1/13/2018 11:14:15 AM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

obliguhl wrote:
Mister_Niles wrote:

Smile

To be fair, the same cult existed for the classic vaporgenie before and everyone was like "You will never notice the vapor" and whatnot. So having never tried the GVG i can't really comment on this but i'm certainly cautious about people claiming that it turns dmt vapor into gentle clouds with bubblegum flavour.

My ceramic cup e-cig device is as good as the classic VG vaporizing, if not better. Certainly more convinient.

I never cared for the classic vg, had it for a number of years, it's a different design from the glass sherlock vapor genie, two different pipes ime; two different pipes that can deliver two entirely different experiences imo. The wooden vg and design seemed quite a bit more restrictive [also smaller] versus the sherlock ime.

Yeah I'd be cautious too if people were throwing around phrases over the years and I'd never experienced it, though after dialing in my technique with the GVG with a modified volcano liquid pad, and when I vaporize the dose and take it in - the best way I can describe it is that it still has the same floral/indole-y taste, but there's zero harshness and to me it feels like warm air.

{{secretly a gVg shill}} Twisted Evil

jiva
#34 Posted : 1/13/2018 2:46:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

tatt wrote:
to me it feels like warm air.

i second that,
with my GVG i never head any harsh taste, just a feeling of inhaling warm air.
the first couple of times, i was worried that i do not get any vaporized dmt when i inhaled, only when i exhale i can see how much i actually got

PREV12