We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
MAOI Confusion Options

jacetea
#1 Posted : 11/15/2009 7:34:38 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I'm having trouble sifting through data related to taking DMT orally with a MAOI. Am I correct in thinking that you have to cook ground up Caapi vine and make it into a tea?

I do not have access to a stove, is there any other way to consume a MAOI before ingesting DMT?
We're the new hippies, we get high on life, not drugs.
We thrive in drama, and bathe in activeness.
Fashion is a religion and vocabulary defines you.

Politicians load the gun, and celebrities fire it, killing all humankind.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Madcap
#2 Posted : 11/15/2009 8:09:30 PM

illudium Q-36

One could buy an extracted maoi..... Say THH. Mix that with some dmt fumarate in some water.
All posts written by Madcap should be regarded as fiction.

۩
#3 Posted : 11/15/2009 8:10:38 PM

There's this thing called the Herbal Peculator Method (THP) I think. There's a thread on the ayahuasca forums.
That would work perfect to make a wonderful caapi brew!!

Just found it on the Nexus:
http://www.dmt-nexus.me/....aspx?g=posts&t=3399

jacetea
#4 Posted : 11/15/2009 8:41:58 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Interesting, but how would I reduce the liquid after extracting? I have a microwave but I wouldn't want to nuke something like this......Could I just let it evaporate over time?

The Traveler
#5 Posted : 11/15/2009 8:43:59 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

۩
#6 Posted : 11/15/2009 8:46:00 PM

jacetea wrote:
Interesting, but how would I reduce the liquid after extracting? I have a microwave but I wouldn't want to nuke something like this......Could I just let it evaporate over time?

I wonder if I could just stick it in the coffee maker and filter the liquid a few times? Vinegar can run through a coffee maker and it would heat the water to near boiling point. Any thoughts?

With THP you only use the amount of water needed for the brew, so no reduction necessary.

Hmmmm...a coffee maker could work, just make sure the water isn't too hot. I would run the brew through it a few times or more to pick up as many harmalas as possible.

p.s. Harmalas are RIMA

jacetea
#7 Posted : 11/15/2009 8:50:00 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Ah, just read someone tried a coffee maker but it doesn't filter fast enough. Those are annoying messes to clean up Razz
Alright, thanks I'll try running with this method.

۩
#8 Posted : 11/15/2009 8:52:28 PM

jacetea wrote:
Ah, just read someone tried a coffee maker but it doesn't filter fast enough. Those are annoying messes to clean up Razz
Alright, thanks I'll try running with this method.

Other possibilities...

Cold water infusion for days. Shaking it up and filtering.

Tincture with high proof alcohol, shaken for days, filtered, and evaporated into a goo that can be encapsulated.

THP sounds like your best bet.

jacetea
#9 Posted : 11/15/2009 10:28:59 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Ok, last few questions.

Quote:
With THP you only use the amount of water needed for the brew, so no reduction necessary.
So, for example...
10g powdered Caapi vine
1.5L water
20ml 5% vinegar

Drinking 1.5L of tea seems like a difficult task. I mean, if it comes down to it, I probably could drink it but...Hmm, perhaps I could put it in a coffee pot and let it simmer on the heater for a while.
What of the vinegar, do you drink that or does it evaporate somehow?

Hmm, I'm almost tempted to just try making an Ayahuasca brew now that you've pointed out this technique. Save myself all the nasty fumes and chemicals from extraction.
Thanks!

۩
#10 Posted : 11/15/2009 10:39:34 PM

1.5l for 10g? No way...
Try 100ml instead :]

You can use a bit of vinegar to make it acidic...but I prefer lemon juice because it's tastier.

If heat was used, acetic acid (vinegar) does boil off...while I don't think lemon juice does.

jacetea
#11 Posted : 11/15/2009 10:47:53 PM
DMT-Nexus member

100ml? The tek says to use 150ml per gram of herb...Would you just put 100ml down and then re-filter a bunch of times?

۩
#12 Posted : 11/15/2009 10:51:46 PM

Acolyte wrote:
I take resveratrol.

It "simulates" caloric restriction which has been studied to extend the life of organisms by 20-35%!

Here's a 60 Minutes news piece on it.

A

Also found in peanuts, japanese knotweed roots, red grapes and wine.

Good stuff.

I have absolutely no idea what this has to do with ayahuasca though????

Quote:
100ml? The tek says to use 150ml per gram of herb...Would you just put 100ml down and then re-filter a bunch of times?

I've never done THP it just makes more sense to use less....

jacetea
#13 Posted : 11/15/2009 11:17:51 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Er, you'll have to forgive my ignorance of the subject...My goal was to figure out a way to consume a MAOI without brewing it into a tea, but I heard Caapi was best. Then you mentioned the THP tek which can make Caapi into a tea without cooking it. Then I had a brain click because it said this also works for MHRB, so I thought why not make MHRB tea using this method? Consume the Caapi tea, then the MHRB tea. Anyway, I'm skeptical about using 100ml of water because it still has to break down the powder to extract the goodies. Which is why I was confused and assumed you would have to run it through many times with smaller amounts of water. Apparently heating the water before filtering can allow you to use alot less of it. Perhaps that's the best way to do it.

Sorry for the confusion, I didn't explain myself. I am completely confused about ayahuasca lol, my logic is that using 5g - 9g of MHRB would be cheaper than using extracted dmt.

freethinker
#14 Posted : 12/10/2009 9:40:00 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Although not nearly as pleasant as cappi, you can do a cold water infusion with syrian rue very easily:

- grind up 2-5 grams of syrian rue seeds (suggest 2 the first time and work up)
- put it in a small glass juice jar (single serving, 8-12 oz)
- fill it about 2-3rds with water (optionally pre-heated in microwave)
- optionally, add a couple tablespoons of lemon juice
- cover
- leave overnight
- shake often
- filter
- drink (optionally, add some honey to help the flavor)

All posts by this author are blatant plagiarisms, fictitious inventions, and outright lies.

flyboy
#15 Posted : 12/31/2009 4:28:55 PM
DMT-Nexus member

freethinker wrote:
Although not nearly as pleasant as cappi, you can do a cold water infusion with syrian rue very easily:

It's really not the same experience with caapi as with rue?

Also i thought rue an be eaten whole seed for effect?

jamie
#16 Posted : 12/31/2009 5:40:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

You dont want to eat rue seeds...
I would do an extraction with rue or better yet try some caapi.
Long live the unwoke.

Pandora
#17 Posted : 12/31/2009 6:07:31 PM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

I've had success with 2.5 grams whole rue seeds (no purge) and 3.0 ground rue seeds (one quick, easy purge, then done). No cooking needed.

Peace & Love,
Pandora
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

jamie
#18 Posted : 12/31/2009 6:13:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

Syrain rue is toxic..
Caapi is not..I can always feel the toxins in rue..so I dont use it anymore, unless I extract it, but even then I still like caapi more.
Long live the unwoke.

69ron
#19 Posted : 12/31/2009 6:16:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

flyboy wrote:
freethinker wrote:

It's really not the same experience with caapi as with rue?

No it's not. They contain different alkaloids. Caapi contains THH, harmine and a little harmaline, while rue contains harmine, harmaline, and a little harmalol. Caapi has no harmalol, and rue has only traces of THH sometimes. There are other trace alkaloids also that differ between these two plants.

The main difference between caapi and rue is that caapi contains a ton of THH and rue contains a ton of harmaline. THH and harmaline are extremely different alkaloids. They feel almost nothing alike. Harmaline is a sedative and THH is more of a stimulant, harmaline is very stoning like marijuana, while THH is very clear headed. Harmine is common to both and is normally the main alkaloid of the two, so that’s where the similarity between caapi and rue originates.

flyboy wrote:
Also i thought rue an be eaten whole seed for effect?

Yes it can. Some people put the seeds in capsules as is. It’s better to make tea and strain out the solids though. An extraction is best of course. The same is true for caapi. Eating caapi whole is hard on the stomach, making a tea is better, and an extraction is best.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

opticuswrangler
#20 Posted : 1/11/2010 10:22:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Don't assume that a microwave won't do the job very well. It is simply amazing what can be done on the "defrost" setting. Before we get all puritanical over our prejudices, give it a shot for a small batch. There is a perfectly good gas range in the kitchen, but it's the microwave that does most of the brewing around here.