We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12345NEXT
High levels of Salvinorin A. discovered in Salvia Recognita and others. Options

BeJake
#41 Posted : 1/16/2019 11:00:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Mezcalito wrote:
Salvia recognita (photo attached)

This is not a Salvia Recognita

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Emptiness
#42 Posted : 1/24/2019 7:37:40 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Mezcalito wrote:
Salvia recognita (photo attached)

Nor does it looks similar to Glutinosa.
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...&m=865824#post865824

Also, about germination. As mention after you, giberallic acid seems to hasten things dramatically.

fathomlessness
#43 Posted : 2/10/2019 3:35:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

stinko wrote:
I spent months trying to germinate S. Recognita using the fridge method with no luck. Then I got some GA3, mixed up 500 ppm, wrapped a dozen seeds in wet paper towel for 24 hours... germination a day later!

Not sure what to do from here on in. Any suggestions for light schedule, nutrients, etc?

Ok so i tried it and it didnt work. Did you scarify? I tried initially without GA3 and kept seeds in papertowel for over 3 weeks without germination and they ended up ROTTING! they were scarified btw.

So i tried it with GA3 for 24 hours and scarified them before (sapapers away a small circle in the black outercoat, its very thin). Put them in a paper towel after and a week later still no germination.

From over 50 seeds only one germinated. I put the rest in soil so they don't rot, hopefully a few sprout in a couple months or so... Shocked Wut?

dmtsavedme
#44 Posted : 6/14/2019 7:17:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I found them actually fairly easy to germinate got them from the same german supplier as one of the previous posters (I assume) I didn't cold stratify them at all just planted in soil and they germinated in a couple of weeks they are pretty easy to grow this is my second season growing them. Although IDK if they are a perennial where I live I am in zone 6b and they died over the winter and didnt come back this season IDK if they were too small or something though because i did plant them late.
Wandering through wonderland

dithyramb
#45 Posted : 6/11/2022 7:12:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

İ have been doing some experimentation with Salvia cryptantha this year. From earlier years I had learned that quidding does not work. But strangely when I swallowed instead of spitting this year, it clearly and consistently worked. An extremely heart opening and delicate/intimate state with lots of introspection... With rue it is fantastic... A very strong tea also works... The feeling of salvinorin a is unmistakable, the merging with the physical surroundings and high frequency needles type of auditory-somatic effect... Pure love and very sensual... Eating is a messy endeavor. Tea is more practical...
The consciousness of plants is a constant source of information for medicine, alimentation, and art, and an example of the intelligence and creative imagination of nature. Much of my education I owe to the intelligence of these great teachers. Thus I consider myself to be the “representative” of plants, and for this reason I assert that if they cut down the trees and burn what’s left of the rainforests, it is the same as burning a whole library of books without ever having read them.

~ Pablo Amaringo

starway7
#46 Posted : 6/12/2022 3:14:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

dithyramb wrote:
İ have been doing some experimentation with Salvia cryptantha this year. From earlier years I had learned that quidding does not work. But strangely when I swallowed instead of spitting this year, it clearly and consistently worked. An extremely heart opening and delicate/intimate state with lots of introspection... With rue it is fantastic... A very strong tea also works... The feeling of salvinorin a is unmistakable, the merging with the physical surroundings and high frequency needles type of auditory-somatic effect... Pure love and very sensual... Eating is a messy endeavor. Tea is more practical...

if this new type of salvia [claimed above].. works oraly..this is a major discovery!

just curious..if its possible to cross ...[salvia divinorum]...with another [Salvia species].. thats more common and leagle to posess? ?

post above says.. ..salvia crptantha...worked oraly..and was similar to salvia divinorum?

Isnt this.. [salvia crptantha] ..a more common species thats easier to find in a nursery?

dithyramb
#47 Posted : 6/12/2022 1:04:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

İn a study the aerial parts of Salvia cryptantha was found to have 50 micg/g Salvinorin A, and a much higher amount of Salvinorin B. İt must have a special chemistry that makes it orally active... To my knowledge this is the first success in experiencing Salvinorin A with a species other than divinorum. This species is endemic to Turkey and is very common and abundant to say the least.

Another species growing in the same area where İ harvest cryptantha is S. verticillata, found to have a slightly less amount of S A than cryptantha, and is a relative of S. divinorum. Cross breeding with divinorum might be possible. İ only experimented once with this species, by quidding, and I felt subtle Salvinorin A effects, and the feeling was indeed more similar to divinorum.

All the data in this entire thread comes from a single study which measured the amount of Salvinorin A in the entire aerial parts of various Salvia species from Turkey. İ'd bet if you just measured the leaves or parts that have dense trichomes, the amounts would turn out quite higher.
The consciousness of plants is a constant source of information for medicine, alimentation, and art, and an example of the intelligence and creative imagination of nature. Much of my education I owe to the intelligence of these great teachers. Thus I consider myself to be the “representative” of plants, and for this reason I assert that if they cut down the trees and burn what’s left of the rainforests, it is the same as burning a whole library of books without ever having read them.

~ Pablo Amaringo

starway7
#48 Posted : 6/12/2022 2:30:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

dithyramb wrote:
İn a study the aerial parts of Salvia cryptantha was found to have 50 micg/g Salvinorin A, and a much higher amount of Salvinorin B. İt must have a special chemistry that makes it orally active... To my knowledge this is the first success in experiencing Salvinorin A with a species other than divinorum. This species is endemic to Turkey and is very common and abundant to say the least.

Another species growing in the same area where İ harvest cryptantha is S. verticillata, found to have a slightly less amount of S A than cryptantha, and is a relative of S. divinorum. Cross breeding with divinorum might be possible. İ only experimented once with this species, by quidding, and I felt subtle Salvinorin A effects, and the feeling was indeed more similar to divinorum.

sounds good!

Have you ever tryed smoking any of these salvia species?

dithyramb
#49 Posted : 6/13/2022 3:03:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

No, smoking is not my thing. İ doubt smoking plain leaves would have much effect.

Recognita is also endemic to Turkey but I haven't found it yet. İt is a close relative of cryptantha. What happened to all the people growing it? Why has nobody reported anh experiences?

~ Pablo Amaringo

starway7
#50 Posted : 6/13/2022 9:49:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

dithyramb wrote:
No, smoking is not my thing. İ doubt smoking plain leaves would have much effect.

Recognita is also endemic to Turkey but I haven't found it yet. İt is a close relative of cryptantha.

[[What happened to all the people growing it? Why has nobody reported anh experiences?

i guess most people think that ...[S .divinorum] .. is the only species of salvia that is active?

The only way to find if other salvias are active is to test them... as you have..! good work!

downwardsfromzero
#51 Posted : 6/13/2022 10:09:40 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

dithyramb wrote:

All the data in this entire thread comes from a single study which measured the amount of Salvinorin A in the entire aerial parts of various Salvia species from Turkey. İ'd bet if you just measured the leaves or parts that have dense trichomes, the amounts would turn out quite higher.

With the high levels of salvinorin B in S. cryptantha, it's conceivable that equilibrium effects may slow the breakdown of salvinorin A sufficiently such that it allows oral activity. Salvinorin B is the hydrolysis product of salvinorin A and, in the absence of autocatalysis (which shouldn't happen in this case), this disfavours the production of more of it from the salvinorin A. Those, at least, are my chemistry-based thoughts on this. There may well be other factors behind the activity of S. cryptantha. The fact that the tea works is of particular interest and suggests perhaps a water-soluble, or at least easily emulsified, fraction - or possibly an essential oil.

How would you describe the subjective effects in comparison with S. divinorum?

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

dithyramb
#52 Posted : 6/14/2022 9:59:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I only have preliminary experience but so far What I felt is that similar to divinorum it is somatic and sensual. İt is perhaps more introspective. For sure it is much warmer and extremely empathogenic and aphrodisiac. The somatic effect I had was an energetic buzz all over my skin and I haven't felt the pushing-pulling-twisting sensation of divinorum. I haven't properly meditated with it yet but visually it is active for sure. Actually I need more proper experience to substantially know and describe it. The empathogenicity is sublime, like having an intimate and delicate love affair with everything. Very ecological and reminds me of mushrooms. Also similar to what I had experienced with divinorum, I feel a liberation of life force energy and experience what I can best describe as a kundalini awakening of some sort and degree.

~ Pablo Amaringo

downwardsfromzero
#53 Posted : 6/14/2022 8:55:21 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Very interesting. Do you have some pictures of your Salvia cryptantha? It would be lovely to see them.

While we're at it here's a current picture of my S. glutinosa patch. While they're tough plants, the lemon balm, cleavers and goutweed are giving them a run for their money! Maybe I ought to do some weeding.
downwardsfromzero attached the following image(s):
Image2032.jpg (756kb) downloaded 182 time(s).

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."

dithyramb
#54 Posted : 6/15/2022 9:46:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the pic!

I had shared photos I took of cryptantha and verticillata last year:

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...mp;m=1108306#post1108306

Cryptantha is a small sage but it covers huge areas. One of it's local names is "Anatolian Carpet." I like to think of it as the liberty cap of sages.

~ Pablo Amaringo

downwardsfromzero
#55 Posted : 6/16/2022 4:04:51 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Mmm, yes thanks they're wonderful!

I tried chewing a few leaves from the glutinosa the other night - first 4, then another 6 a couple of hours later after the first lot showed a little hint of something. It was quite gentle but too low of a dose, perhaps, to really pin down. There was definitely something a bit empathogenic to it. Also, it could have been rewarding to explore in silent darkness at that level but I didn't manage to do that.

Here's another picture in better lighting conditions.
downwardsfromzero attached the following image(s):
Image2036.jpg (735kb) downloaded 153 time(s).

murklan
#56 Posted : 6/16/2022 10:58:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
Mmm, yes thanks they're wonderful!

I tried chewing a few leaves from the glutinosa the other night - first 4, then another 6 a couple of hours later after the first lot showed a little hint of something. It was quite gentle but too low of a dose, perhaps, to really pin down. There was definitely something a bit empathogenic to it. Also, it could have been rewarding to explore in silent darkness at that level but I didn't manage to do that.

Here's another picture in better lighting conditions.

Great!
Really interesting for me since i have a S. glutinosa growing 2m from my front door. I've grown it from seeds that I collected, being curious of the smell and uses for culinary and medicinal purposes.

I've been interested in psychoactive uses of the salvia genus and have read about glutinosa, but never thought it was even worth trying. Is there a possibility to make an stronger extract?

downwardsfromzero
#57 Posted : 6/16/2022 11:01:34 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

I can only guess that a stronger extract might be possible.

It would still be prudent for me to check this one out again in silent darkness.

Leaves were picked at sunset on the night of the full moon, for the record. Second lot a bout 2 hours later.

Here's hoping it wasn't placebo!

murklan
#58 Posted : 6/16/2022 11:15:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
I can only guess that a stronger extract might be possible.

It would still be prudent for me to check this one out again in silent darkness.

Leaves were picked at sunset on the night of the full moon, for the record. Second lot a bout 2 hours later.

Here's hoping it wasn't placebo!

I can use part of my glutinosa plant to try out some extractions. Read that they use acetone when making divinorum extracts. I would like to use something else but can try it to if that is the most effective way.

What is yesterday night? Supermoon here and I picked roses for making a tincture in the moon light Smile

downwardsfromzero
#59 Posted : 6/16/2022 11:25:05 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Well, it was Tuesday night in my part of the world. Roses by moonlight sounds wonderful!

An ice cold acetone wash gets the goods from the trichomes without too much other stuff - but some of the other stuff in the leaves helps with the buccal route I suspect so there's a bit of swings and roundabouts to consider.

dithyramb
#60 Posted : 7/13/2022 4:57:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I tried eating a small amount of fresh leaves of Salvia verticillata without weighing, without much expectations. I got a nice euphoric clarity, a contemplative guidance experience... I feel this species is worth pursuing also.
dithyramb attached the following image(s):
IMG_20220713_190524.jpg (3,416kb) downloaded 105 time(s).
IMG_20220713_190508.jpg (3,308kb) downloaded 105 time(s).

~ Pablo Amaringo

PREV12345NEXT