We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV1234NEXT»
High levels of Salvinorin A. discovered in Salvia Recognita and others. Options

Ulim
#21 Posted : 12/2/2017 1:38:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

MyceliumSporeDrive wrote:
Wow - since Salvia Divinorum is a cultivar, S. Recognita could be infinitely more useful in the long-term as a seeding plant which grows in less hospitable climates than Southern Mexico.

Even with the lower content of Salvinorin-A, it's almost certain that, over time, people cultivating the plant will breed them to favor higher levels. (I mean, increasing THC in pot plants has become a bazillion-dollar cottage industry complete with the Cannabis Cup awards.)

This is so promising!

Also you can just extract it simple enough to get high quality pure salv A

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

downwardsfromzero
#22 Posted : 12/5/2017 4:39:14 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Ulim wrote:
Very happy
Red circles are recognita
Rest glutinosa + 1 random seed that i have no clue what it is

Lovely babies Ulim! What substrate?

Any tips on finding the seeds?

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Ulim
#23 Posted : 12/5/2017 5:23:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:

Lovely babies Ulim! What substrate?

Its normal seed starting dirt with a cover of vermiculite to keep mold and gnats away

Loveall
#24 Posted : 12/16/2017 12:57:13 PM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
Any tips on finding the seeds?

I got recognita seeds from a French seed vendor.
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

Forestwalker
#25 Posted : 12/28/2017 8:12:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I am currently growing two of these with many more sprouting soon hopefully , I'm very familiar with salvia based salvinorin a extractions from my own salvia divin. plants , I will update this post on my experiences with recognita this spring when enough raw material will be available , but I will indeed let everyone know my results as this is an important discovery since salvia d. plants reproduce very poorly with much strife from seeds , and recognita would ,at least in my observations ,now seem to be a better candidate for dispersion . not to forget as well ,some people seem to have salvia d. with a particular virus that causes leaf curl and many times death , not a lot of genetic diversity among Sally's gene pool out there at the moment

Jagube
#26 Posted : 12/30/2017 11:13:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I got my recognita seeds off ebay. Put them in an unheated shed for cold stratification for 2-3 weeks, and now they've been in a heated propagator for a week or so. No signs of germination yet.

Do they like high temps and humidity for germination, would they be better off at room temp outside of the propagator?

Forestwalker
#27 Posted : 1/2/2018 7:34:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia recognita appears to like a long germination compared to most plants I've grown , I'm a master gardener and it seems they like about four weeks to a couple months after cold strating . To put it in perspective, one I germinated after sitting it in refrigeration for two weeks , then it germinated In about two and a half weeks , I left it in a low to moderately saturated soil mixture, nothing fancy, just a general potting soil , in a plastic zip lock bag in a midsized cell pack with high humidity inside , you could see the water adhesion on the side of the bag I'm saying . I left this in a sunny window for two and a half weeks, until one sprouted and then moved it to about slightly less evening direct sunlight spot, however , after another month of its growth like this another sprouted much later , so I'm guessing not to throw them out if they don't pop up within 2 to 3 months , remember it's a Turkish perennial , as such it's going to feel fluctuations during the winter to spring period and it will naturally try to fight a break free into spring sprouting because a cold snap could kill it easily . I've had a couple other s sprout over the late summer and fall last year and they all died after a few days due to either slugs eating them , and or what just appeared an unwilling urge to live , use sterile soil, or soil without slugs or other predation insects . I've never seen such fizzle out syndrome In seeds before ,,,, but then i tried a different vendor and they are more vigorous than the deceased others obviously . Definitely need cold strating , good you did that first , good luck . Oh and I didn't use extra heat and I'd wager they don't really need it, just inside temps

I would also like to add....my math may be off some , but by my computation , this recognita would be expected to be ten times less potent than average divinorum leaf per gram if initial numbers were dry grams...still this would be fine with me

Drowning-man
#28 Posted : 1/22/2018 5:45:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salv. A. May be a rare jewl but the other salvinorins not so much. Salvinoran B is pretty common i believe. Its Deemed inactive and pretty worthless to the average Traveler, but with the right chemistry knowledge it could be very very useful Twisted Evil
Then he showed me a river of the water of life, clear as crystal, coming from the throne of God and of the Lamb, in the middle of its street On either side of the river was the tree of life, bearing twelve kinds of fruit, yielding its fruit every month; and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations. REVELATIONS 22:1-2(Holy Bible)

Forestwalker
#29 Posted : 2/21/2018 5:13:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

added a photo of the newly planted s. Recognita. anyway, if the numbers are right it should be about ten times less potent than average salvia divinorum leaves , I'm hoping by the end of this summer I'll have enough mass to run some tests and isolate salvinorin a from . Keep our fingers crossed , I'll post photos of the whole project as it unfurls . That is also a smaller one below it and some other seeds were with them as well so perhaps others will sprout hopefully
Forestwalker attached the following image(s):
image.jpg (1,506kb) downloaded 347 time(s).

Loveall
#30 Posted : 4/26/2018 5:16:23 PM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

I just planted recognita seeds outside (Happy spring). Fingers crossed.
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

Cactus Man
#31 Posted : 4/26/2018 9:46:11 PM
DMT-Nexus member

never heard of this before. salvia is truly the most bizarre and possibly the most powerful plant around as far as im concerned, its interesting to note this.

any experience reports would be great.

dmtsavedme
#32 Posted : 6/4/2018 8:41:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Did anyone have any experience with this plant yet I'm very curious/excited Smile
Wandering through wonderland

Eaglepath
#33 Posted : 6/4/2018 10:23:13 AM

I rather root my values in my own hallucinations than in society´s neurotic illusions..

Loveall wrote:
I just planted recognita seeds outside (Happy spring). Fingers crossed.

Me as well!Pleased
"Too cute to live, too cozy to die" - Eaglepath

Orion
#34 Posted : 6/4/2018 8:59:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quite interested in this. I really enjoyed sally and I'm a much better gardener than I was. Could have started again but the law got in the way Thumbs down

Seeds seem fairly easy to obtain. Could a strong strain be easily cloned I wonder ?
Art Van D'lay wrote:
Smoalk. It. And. See.

Rabbit0034
#35 Posted : 9/13/2018 12:33:48 AM
DMT-Nexus member

@Mindfusion:

Have you tried the salvias you planted for activity?

Mezcalito
#36 Posted : 10/31/2018 12:50:44 AM

••Buy the ticket, take the ride••

I ordered a few seeds (two packs) from a legit German seed vendor. I didn't find too many sources online for Recognita.

I can confirm that they take foreverCrying or very sad to germinate, even at high temperature more than 6-8 weeks in summer. I had some poppies from the same vendor and they went well, same with grass seeds. The S.recognita also seem to require a lot of light to germinate.
I have a low yield, only 4 tiny plants. I moved them into a grow tent with 18 hours light.
I hope I can propagate them by cloning?

I am saving my second pack for next growing season to be ready to take my new friends outdoors.Rolling eyes

I agree that the activity is likely a factor 10 less than S.divinorum. Any idea to max it will be appreciated.
¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

Mezcalito
#37 Posted : 12/29/2018 1:11:29 AM

••Buy the ticket, take the ride••

Salvia recognita (photo attached)
Mezcalito attached the following image(s):
20181228_195308.jpg (906kb) downloaded 197 time(s).
¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

javat
#38 Posted : 12/29/2018 7:26:02 PM

ufa yage chiga ña

sounds good
AYAHUASQUERO DE CORAZON

stinko
#39 Posted : 1/15/2019 10:57:37 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I spent months trying to germinate S. Recognita using the fridge method with no luck. Then I got some GA3, mixed up 500 ppm, wrapped a dozen seeds in wet paper towel for 24 hours... germination a day later!

Not sure what to do from here on in. Any suggestions for light schedule, nutrients, etc?

fathomlessness
#40 Posted : 1/16/2019 6:30:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

stinko wrote:
I spent months trying to germinate S. Recognita using the fridge method with no luck. Then I got some GA3, mixed up 500 ppm, wrapped a dozen seeds in wet paper towel for 24 hours... germination a day later!

Not sure what to do from here on in. Any suggestions for light schedule, nutrients, etc?

NICE! how did you calculate the ppm (parts per million) of giberallic acid (GA3)? I wondered if indole acetic acid would do the trick but it doesn't. I also put some IAA on a 3 week old recognita and it killed it, must of been too concentrated Sad

Ive had my seeds in a paper towel in a tub in tub incubator at 28c and they havent sprouted in over a couple weeks still. They were scarified with 180 grit and only just see some white tips coming out. Very slow!

PREV1234NEXT»