We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Safely dosing Belladonna Options

BecometheOther
#1 Posted : 9/7/2017 10:58:42 PM

metamorhpasizer

There's plenty of info out there just need to do some research.

Alkaloid content varies between specimens. Start low then incrimentLly go up.
You have never been apart from me. You can never depart and never return, for we are continuous, indistinguishable. We are eternal forever

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

CosmicLion
#2 Posted : 9/8/2017 5:19:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Get as much as you can and make a tincture...

Once made, filter out and discard the plant material so that no more absorbs into the mixture. Save the filtered liquid alcohol.

This homogenizes the potency into one tincture that is one big batch of known potency.

Start with 1-3 drops and work up from there.

Thumbs up
-Eternally Romping the Astral Savannahlands-

Nicita
#3 Posted : 9/8/2017 1:55:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You can also use the berries to make a nice belladona marmalade Razz

I assume you are aware of the dangers of nightshades?
Start low!, work your way up, be aware that the alkaloids stay in your system for several days and can potentiate if you redose in that timeframe.

The berries taste really good. I still have some glases somewhere that I didn't touch for two years, because I ate a dozen of the fresh berries in the woods and tripped for 3 days Confused (That is the way you are NOT supposed to do it, because it's dangerous! I honestly was pretty lucky not to overdose that time!) Stop

syberdelic
#4 Posted : 9/8/2017 6:00:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

delete me

starway6
#5 Posted : 9/9/2017 12:05:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

A warning about deadly nightshade...

Too much can stop a heart from beating!

The nightshade experiance is not fun at any level.. beladonna can rob one of their ability to judge if its safe to walk across a street...some think they have the a buility to fly!

I took it once as a teen and was emersed in constant intermitent hallucinations for over 24hours!

If you take any.. [for your saftey]..instruct your friends to not alow you to walk outside alone for any reason till your back to baseline..

I know this because years back i tryed [asthmadore powder] an old asthma treatment remedy from the 1950s i took one teaspoon of the green belladonna powder in some juice just for a new experiance and an experiance it was for 24 hours!.. and my freinds dumb girlfriend alowed me to wander out of the house down the street!!

Someone found me in a strangers front yard talking to a tree!

Need i say more?..

starway6
#6 Posted : 9/9/2017 12:21:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

a picture of what i took...

Dr R Schiffmans Asthmador powder original box crisp clean - Etsy
https://www.etsy.com/lis...iffmans-asthmador-powder
Rating: 4.8 - ‎117 votes - ‎$12.00
Old box of Asthmador inhaling powder with scary ingredients listed Stronium, Beladonna and alkaloids…NOT TO BE USED…to cover my butt! Fascinating old ...

CosmicLion
#7 Posted : 9/9/2017 5:11:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

starway6 wrote:

NOT TO BE USED…to cover my butt! Fascinating old ...

Not to be used? But instead to cover your butt with it?

Covering your butt with it might actually be in line with the traditional use of female herbalists making a paste with it and applying it vaginally.

Maybe try putting some in the butt instead of just caking it over the surface? Get it in there good, you might like it

Thumbs up Love

syberdelic
#8 Posted : 9/9/2017 5:37:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

delete me

urtica
#9 Posted : 9/9/2017 6:54:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I would also suggest a tincture or perhaps infusing the dried plant material into a carrier oil (olive oil or something), the oil you could apply externally like the patch but you would have more control over dosing. The tincture you could also use externally or take internally starting with 1 drop and working your way up until you find a level that works but is not debilitating. You would need to figure out your dose with each fresh batch of tincture since alkaloid levels do fluctuate so much, but if you made a big batch you could know your dose for a good long time.

I am not sure why everyone keeps telling you not to eat a huge amount to trip with since that is clearly not what you are asking, it is fun to tell spooky night shade stories I guess.
urtica is a fictional character. nothing written by this fictional character has anything to do with reality. if urtica was real, and performing any activities that are restricted by certain governmental forces, these activities would be performed in Heaven where nothing is true & everything is permitted.

roninsina
#10 Posted : 9/9/2017 8:45:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Homeopathic preparations are widely available, and are sometimes used to treat IBS.
"We dance round in a ring and suppose,
while the secret sits in the middle and knows." Robert Frost

syberdelic
#11 Posted : 9/9/2017 11:28:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Homeopathic = face palm

roninsina
#12 Posted : 9/10/2017 1:44:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

syberdelic wrote:
Homeopathic = face palm

I understand the lack of large, reviewed studies can be too tough a pill for many to swallow. I would add my two cents to the anecdotal evidence, however. I've witnessed dramatic effects with homeopathics in both prelinguistic children and in pets - limiting the likelihood of placebo effects. And afaik, Bach's (homeopathic) rescue remedy is still widely used by first responders.

Tropanes are serious business, and finding the sweet spot with a home brew may take some considerable time to do safely. The homeopathic preparations are inexpensive enough to warrant a try in the interim, and certainly a safe dose.

syberdelic
#13 Posted : 9/10/2017 5:50:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

delete me

roninsina
#14 Posted : 9/10/2017 7:33:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I was a skeptic for many years as well. Homeopathic belladonna would be a very small dose, but that's the point, isn't it? Anyway, I wish you well in your quest, and would love to hear of any successes.

AwesomeUsername
#15 Posted : 9/10/2017 6:43:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm surprised nobody has mention this already, but how about you try and make a scopolamine extract?

That way you would be 100% sure of your dose. You can make your own drops or patches, but I say go for drops better as it is absorbed better and you don't have to go around with a patch. Scopolamine is mainly used for exactly what you need while atropine and other alkaloids are not so much. Be careful even with low doses of that.

I've read about doctors prescribing scopolamine patches and even then you could experience side effects such as delirium even though they make it their job to prevent this from happening.

Make sure you have an accurate scale, as even a tiny error can leave you with unwanted side effects. Scopolamine is an essential drug in the World Health Organization's List of Essential Medicines. So that would be my recommendation if you know what you're doing.

Anyhow, this plant has been used for health problems like yours way before extracts and pills were even a thing and it has been used because it works. It doesn't matter if you get it from Belladonna or some other nightshade, find a plant with a good yield and get working.

And I can not stress this enough, once again be careful! If you experience unwanted side effects, contact a doctor immediately. You've been registered in your medical record that you had this issue, so if you say you used these drops you shouldn't get in any trouble. They'll know that you just tried to take care of your health, and weren't trying to do something stupid.

Swayambhu
#16 Posted : 9/10/2017 7:39:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

My apologies in advance if my input is useless, I know very little, bordering on nothing, about belladonna, but I do remember reading that at some point cultivars of belladonna, or a closely related nightshade, were developed, I think as fruit plants.

Might be an opening to a way of securing a more consistent, low potency source for whatever it is you want??

EDIT: I was thinking of black nightshade, solanum nigrum;

https://en.wikipedia.org...um_nigrum#Culinary_usage

dragonrider
#17 Posted : 9/10/2017 7:44:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Couldn't you just eat a small amount of seeds? That's perfectly safe. I have used datura seeds several times in conjunction with psychedelics. If you'd just start with one seed and see if it works. If not, than you take two seeds the next day, and so on. If you don't get any of the desired effects yet with say, 5 seeds, then maybe belladonna is not the ideal tool to for you, to deal with the IBS.

Bowels are actually pretty complex organs, and IBS is not a very sharply defined condition. There can be so many causes. From bacterial infections to an overactive thyroïd. Even psychological issues can affect the condition of the bowels.

Finding a cure that works for you personally is gonna be a proces of trial and error, i'm afraid.

Goodluck.

CosmicLion
#18 Posted : 9/11/2017 4:40:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Something else to consider is Madrake root....

There are different types of Mandrake.. American Mandrake etc... Many of them are toxic and do not contain the compounds you want...

Mandragora Officinarum is the species you want...

Also great medicine, in low doses, when you need it... Makes great tinctures.

Thumbs up

starway6
#19 Posted : 9/12/2017 2:36:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Belladonna or Deadly Nightshade - How Does Atropine in ... - YouTube
Video for does belladonna contain scopalkimine? ..you tube▶ 10:42
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEN2ZNGPNEY
Aug 9, 2015 - Uploaded by Health • Mind • Body • Spirit
Belladonna or Deadly Nightshade - How Does Atropine in Deadly Nightshade Affect the Body. Subscribe ...

starway6
#20 Posted : 9/12/2017 2:57:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I would not encourage anyone to take belladonna in any form!

Is Deadly Nightshade Poisonous? - YouTube
Video for how deadly nightshade effects the body...you tube▶ 1:02
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXvvF88Wz_c
Jul 9, 2017 - Uploaded by sparky Questions
To as woody nightshade, this plant has the same colour flowers deadly nightshade family is informally known ...

12NEXT