We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV123NEXT
If you could have a LSD that lasts forever Options

starway6
#21 Posted : 8/12/2017 3:21:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

here is Terence Mckennas opinion...

Terence McKenna: LSD vs. DMT - YouTube
Video for dmt vs lsd?โ–ถ 4:41
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zr6S14NgnTQ
Sep 14, 2015 - Uploaded by AMP3083
Radio interview with Art Bell. For more videos like this, see my PLAYLIST: https://www.youtube.com/user ...

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Northerner
#22 Posted : 8/12/2017 11:49:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

AwesomeUsername wrote:
Acid is my drug of choice, and I've done it more than any other drug. Yet still once a single trip reaches its end I don't even want to trip anymore.

Personally speaking I don't think that someone tripping non-stop can be functional. Yeah, its fun and rewarding but you can get away with a day of not doing anything productive, not eating or sleeping but usually not more than that.

I think a more reasonable question would be "If you could get a lifetime suply of LSD for free, but you can't use any other drugs at all. Would you take the lifetime suply?"

Also my #1, I've done it countless times over the years... my feelings about it are very similar to you.

But it's so cheap anyways, no way would I give up having access to DMT just to have it for free. Rolling eyes
The nearest we ever come to knowing truth is when we are witness to paradox.

Infectedstyle
#23 Posted : 8/13/2017 12:02:58 PM
I compulsively post from time to time

The question is sort of tongue in cheek. Say, if there is a state, a feeling, a state where your visuals are enhanced, a place you been in hyperspace where you would like to reside in forever.

You mention cognitive effects as if they are all there is to LSD. But surely there's more, the evening stars look like beautiful black wax. You feel like a million bucks youre speech is heartfelt and pure. Maybe our society is more focused on the cognitive aspect.

But I think there's a schism between the psychedelic state after taken LSD and the sober state. When we sleep for example and wake up we lose the magic. Let's just say the question is what if you don't lose the magic. And you don't fall asleep. ???

Haha, I don't know how much more I can expand! If this is not a understandable or good question then I think it's best to just let it be. Hahaha

Quote:
Others have stated that their lsd use changed them in some way and I concur. Much of my worldview was developed with the help of psychedelics, so isn't that pretty much "permanent acid"?

What it comes down to for me is being able to answer whether the insights derived from the psychedelic experience have mattered in my actions over my lifetime.

Is that what op means, or do you mean just being altered, because that sounds like the kind of thinking that goes on in an addicted mind. That life is missing something without an external addition that changes the way one feels.

I don't know how u experience LSD folks. So I'm not sure how that works for you maybe you can give us a description if you feel like or have the time. Bit off-topic but could be a nice swirl Laughing

Infectedstyle
#24 Posted : 8/13/2017 12:12:16 PM

AwesomeUsername wrote:
Infectedstyle wrote:

Why can't a person under influence of LSD be functional or productive. It's interesting how you seriously answer and mention something as productivity. I find it interesting what productivity you value so highly

The very last time I took LSD just before I fell asleep. The thought occured to me I am so high, I am never coming down. This is the beginning of the real life. I cried with joy inside. Hence the question. Fell into a long sleep after.

And why can't you eat on lsd? Organic food is amazing on it.? Perhaps we have different eating habits Razz and we can learn from each other

I find that the visuals and headspace on a peak of the trip could be a bit overwhelming. Countless times I've wanted to clean something but couldn't trust my eyes because everything was morphing and melting sometimes to the point where I couldn't even read letters and because of the headfuck didn't even know what and when to start.

Don't know about you but to me sometimes I cant do anything but sit or walk just looking at the visuals and thinking. I wouldn't be able to drive, to act sober, to study, to get stuff done.

Also I've never been able to fall asleep on acid, and I've manadged to fall asleep on meth. Same goes with eating. Acid kills my apetite, but that works for me because I actually find hunger anoying.

You sound like you drop acid everyday so I'd say your body and mind got used to it. I don't do that because I don't like wasting acid and rather have a heavier trip and space it out than regular ones where I just kinda feel it. To each their own as always, main thing you're happy. Everything else will catch up somehow.

I can't sleep on acid that's a given. On a high enough dose I can't do anything because I get a little bit dizzy and slurry and things don't make sense and I just need to lie down for a couple hours. And go with the visual firework.

Well, acid used to be fun. But I haven't taken acid in 2 years partly because every time I dropped (maybe it had to do a bit with depression) it hits my extremely hard. Even at 95uG's I'd be screaming I think it has to do with the one time I took 1.5mg and hit me very hard. Somehow the universe gets very serious with me when I take acid. And it's just the strongest thing I have found. The contrast of the beautiful heavenly realms I have seen and the hellish reality I found myself currently made it very difficult to stay sane. On top of that it's like different entities channel their advise through me. It's al very weird.

Psilociraptor
#25 Posted : 8/13/2017 1:49:05 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Well I can try and put it this way. I would absolutely want to live in the wisdom of LSD forever. I would want to feel the patterns behind all things, know which way the high road lies, and never forget the beauty of life. But i would not want my vision to continuously be distorted so that i couldn't read books, or the sensitivity of mind that takes a rough moment and turns it into a nightmare, or the total inability to communicate with people who are not on my thought frequency.

Infectedstyle
#26 Posted : 8/13/2017 2:16:20 PM

That seems to be the general outcome from all the people who have replied thus far. Some want the beauty but they don't want the horror.

I have strangely not tried to read books but facebook is doable for me at the beginning of a trip of in lower dose.

Your 2 negatives you mention: Sensitivity of mind i.e. nightmares and Inability to communicate with people.
I can flip them around for you.

A strong enough mind who knows the beauty of life intrinsically and remembers it when put in the face of a nightmareish moment, may be capable of flipping it around. Forcing the situation to become favorable. And likewise be completely dominant with people who are on a lower thought frequency and lift them up to ur own higher thought forms. All with no pain or stress. Just higher knowledge. Or is this complete bs for you guys. I'm talking from the insight gained from psychedelics

dragonrider
#27 Posted : 8/13/2017 3:32:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Infectedstyle wrote:
That seems to be the general outcome from all the people who have replied thus far. Some want the beauty but they don't want the horror.

I have strangely not tried to read books but facebook is doable for me at the beginning of a trip of in lower dose.

Your 2 negatives you mention: Sensitivity of mind i.e. nightmares and Inability to communicate with people.

A strong enough mind who knows the beauty of life intrinsically and remembers it when put in the face of a nightmareish moment, may be capable of flipping it around. Forcing the situation to become favorable. And likewise be completely dominant with people who are on a lower thought frequency and lift them up to ur own higher thought forms. All with no pain or stress. Just higher knowledge. Or is this complete bs for you guys. I'm talking from the insight gained from psychedelics

LSD that lasts forever would turn any strong mind into a weak mind over time.
And i'm talking from 'insight gained from psychedelics' as well.

โ—‹
#28 Posted : 8/13/2017 3:54:37 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

I would also say that many of the overlapping qualities that the classical psychedelics have ime have definitely seeped over into my daily waking life, so I guess in some ways I have a partial permanence of effects or w/e you want to call it lol. Nothing too distracting though. Also the mental outlook and daily presence of my subjective experience - that's changed a considerable amount for me and might be the strongest instance that's carried over into my life. DMT's played a big big role as well.

Infectedstyle
#29 Posted : 8/13/2017 4:40:41 PM

dragonrider wrote:
Infectedstyle wrote:

I think the only insight you can gain is on ur egoic perspective. There's no place for you to say that ANY mind will be weakened by it.

Could be that I'm not in the right state of mind to reply atm

@tatt,
I guess it is quite common to have partial permanent effects. I've had one instance from one time use of mescaline that I feel permanently changed my visual acuity ever so slightly from just one go. It's no suprise to me that these effects are present in most.

As for mental outlook:
I had one mental moment on DMT that stayed with me that happened before my big lsd experience. Where I felt like I looked outside and saw the planet and I felt an indescribable feeling. I could describe it as lust, agressiveness, playfulness all at once. And a particular thought: "This is MY playground"

Which is soo out of the normal for me. But may tie in in an ancient shroom experience i had. I'm normally quite mundane. And I just find that the godly feeling brought upon by dmt is quickly dissappated by the small fears and the social fears and the afterglow of DMT slowly but surely in the span of a few hours disappears.

So that's what I really think happens with a lot of psychedelic useage. It lifst you up and the daily fears of life mold and shrink the brain into it's regular form.

Ofcourse, I can only speak about it's effects for me. This is how it affects me personally.

So hence the general question what stops people from staying up there

Thanks for the replies all Thumbs up
Sorry for senseless banter

Psilociraptor
#30 Posted : 8/13/2017 5:42:25 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Infectedstyle wrote:

No I totally get that and I have given thought to it. But you know how protected we are when we emphasize set and setting. It allows us to deal with one negative thought at a time by minimizing variables. Could we manage to pay a mortgage/rent, afford food, and all those practicalities if the inevitable stressors of the variable world keep stimulating a spiritual battle? It's not like most of us have that ability to flip things on and off at will. We work at it for years and years and get better, but progress is an asymptote. There's no ultimate perfection and the slightest deviation being amplified would be horrific to basic functionality. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe there are people who live at these upper thought forms with enough control or at least enough dedication to make this worthwhile. I can only speak for myself. In those moments I certainly wish life could be like that forever. But every now and then I get a true glimpse of how much more work I have to do. And unless someone wanted to pay my way through life I don't think I could physically survive while doing work that deep. Plus at some point it's worthwhile to be human, embrace your natural ways, and not be tapped in that deep to the currents.

I will admit though. If there's anything I regret it's certainly not tripping enough as opposed to tripping more

dragonrider
#31 Posted : 8/13/2017 5:50:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Infectedstyle wrote:
dragonrider wrote:
Infectedstyle wrote:

I think the only insight you can gain is on ur egoic perspective. There's no place for you to say that ANY mind will be weakened by it.

LSD and other such psychedelics, like mescaline and DMT, shut down the brains internal correction mechanism.
As someone said in another thread: we are all hallucinating, all of the time. The brain is producing it's own movie, wich is the reality we experience.
The brain has internal correction mechanisms in place, to 'guide' these hallucinations, and make them fit the sensory input, the brain receives.

What happens if these correction mechanisms are absent for too long, is that you start drifting away from 'normal' reality. Making it harder to function normally.

People who suffer from depressive disorders, or obsessive compulsive disorders, all tend to have lowered serotonergic activity. Medication that restores normal levels of serotonin in the blood, tends to be very effective against such disorders.

Apparently, when serotonergic activity is too low, for too long, it starts to become a real problem, because people can no longer adapt to the 'consensus-reality world' around them.

The mind is a fluid kind of thing. It's not fixed. The toughest, most disciplined guys the military has, turn into pitty alcoholic cry-babies when they're being exposed to the horrors of war.

So yes, maybe it's not up to me to tell you that ANY mind will be weakened by it.
As it is not up to me, to tell you that you're not invulnerable.

Anyone who thinks that he IS invulnerable is free to put that hypothesis to the test.

hug46
#32 Posted : 8/13/2017 8:08:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Infectedstyle wrote:

I disagree that a perma-lsdtrip would become dull: Why? Because it entails the normal reality completely but it also reveals novel ways to explore this reality. Catch my drift?

I think that novel ways of looking at things come about from changing one's perception of reality. If you were to be permanently tripping i think that the beneficial modulating effect on perspective that can lead to new ideas would be lost.
I don't trip, or even get stoned, that often nowadays. But when i do i really enjoy it. It becomes more of a special event for me.

spacexplorer
#33 Posted : 8/15/2017 5:25:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I would do it if I could turn it on and off at will to whatever level of lsd trip i want, all the way from +1 - +4

Infectedstyle
#34 Posted : 8/15/2017 11:18:09 AM

Enjoy ur comments all Love

I'm not saying I have the strength of mind to live up to what I describe. There may have been and still are alchemists immortals roaming the earth, I don't know! But in this day and age I think it has been reduced this sort of stuff. I think what the world needs at this point is loads of little messiahs/jesuses to come out. And each carry a little weight. So the burden is lessened somewhat. |If someone went on to carry all the burden of humanity alone you would quickly become insane. Even jesus had a hard time he was murdered.

Anyway had a dream about Hug46 I wrote down. Very happy It involved a past dmt experience and he carved a little red smile in a totem pole and someone else put a black smile related to his own experience on the other side of the totem. It was supposed to be some kind of bat. A smile non-theless. Very positive dream.

But sidetracking. So g2g Thumbs up

spacexplorer wrote:
I would do it if I could turn it on and off at will to whatever level of lsd trip i want, all the way from +1 - +4

sounds pretty cool Laughing

hug46
#35 Posted : 8/16/2017 7:57:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Infectedstyle wrote:

Anyway had a dream about Hug46 I wrote down. Very happy It involved a past dmt experience and he carved a little red smile in a totem pole and someone else put a black smile related to his own experience on the other side of the totem. It was supposed to be some kind of bat. A smile non-theless. Very positive dream.

I heard somewhere that dreams were the sorting and cataloguing of the days events by the subconscious. I don't know how true that statement is but if you had a positive dream with me in it, it warms the cockles of my heart. But no messiahs please...

Infectedstyle
#36 Posted : 8/16/2017 6:10:34 PM

It's just a word. The burden of handling responsibility of existence itself. I can't find much other words for it, but i will try.

Tuesday's Gone
#37 Posted : 8/18/2017 11:44:23 AM
DMT-Nexus member

8===D

Infectedstyle
#38 Posted : 8/18/2017 1:26:53 PM

I make similar observations. Describing LSD experiences is like having a dream in a dream. It's ephermal and psychedelics aren't ideal to learn something useful. Especially LSD. Most experiences are so confusing that it's hard to find any meaningful information. I do find that it changes something. While in day to day life it's MOSTLy unnoticeable. I do get hints of psychosis and paranoia sometimes. Every single feeling I had on LSD comes back when I take it. How can it not change you. Every memory and experience you have changes you somehow. It all adds up somewhere.

But i'm not even talking about cognitive effects. What interests me about LSD is the way it dissolves reality and spawns dreamlike realities. That seem to be real at the time. Also how it unhinges barriers in mental thinking. How it helps you utilize fantasy/imagination to the best of it's abilities. That I think is the part where you can make progress in even when not on LSD. But it shows you the limits of ur mind. I agree what you do with it is eventually up to you.

Btw, everyone seems to be subject to a certain kind of mental unstability. It seems to be inherent in human nature. Demonstrated by the fact that nearly everyone has psychotic thoughts after taking LSD. I agree it's a danger and it's unhealthy. And it shoulden't happen not even when on LSD. Practicing stability might be useful for anyone here

Psilociraptor
#39 Posted : 8/18/2017 2:29:33 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Tuesday's Gone wrote:
dreamer042 wrote:
Can anyone who has taken LSD say that it didn't fundamentally impact the course of the rest of their life?

I took LSD 3 times with the intent of learning more about myself and I can honestly say that my life would be the same right now if I had never taken it. I actually wrote something on this forum a while back about 1 or 2 of my trips and how what I experienced felt so profound and I thought that it was going to change my life. Now I realize that I wasn't able to think clearly at all and the truth is that I didn't gain any insight relevant to daily life.

By the way, this is just my personal experience. I'm not saying that it doesn't change anyone's life. But at the same time I'm worried that many people here try to see meaning in every trip they have where there may be none which seems incredibly unhealthy to me.

I don't take psychedelics anymore because I have no use for it.

Self realization isn't so much about "thinking" clearly. Quite the opposite in fact. How could a reality with such an exuberant plurality of descriptions and perspectives be effectively collapsed to the linear world of formalisms such as language? Rather, contact with the self must be made directly through experience. It took me a lot more than 3 trips to get something meaningful out of it. Sure those first three trips felt profound in those moments, but without any cultural framework it's hard to know what to make out of it. Psychedelics kept me entertained for a while, but they didn't really start becoming profound until I started engaging Ayahuasca ceremonies which finally came with some sort of cultural context I could relate back to in daily life. The process is clear to me however. Not quite easy to describe, but I can say that it is with me every day, has less to do with thinking than with feeling, and that I am without question better off for it. Keep in mind my last Ayahuasca trip was 4 years ago and I have only sporadically taken psychedelics since. Like less than once every six months. So i understand where you're coming from, but that your initiation with psychedelics wasn't life altering is hardly shocking. You've merely stepped through the door, not sailed the seas. Of course that's a perfectly respectable decision.

Infectedstyle
#40 Posted : 8/18/2017 7:01:32 PM

I'm really curios how those Aya ceremonies go for you. If there is a upload of it I would like to read it. I'm glad you have found healing. I haven't started on a first Ayahuasca ceremony myself.

I'd like to be initiated into that. Comes to mind that it might be good to have a teacher with you who knows how it goes. Otherwise ime taking psychedelics without guidance is a lot like throwing your head into wild waters trying to catch a shark. Especially when it comes to synthetics. The natural ones such as mushrooms I find offer more in the sense of guidance and direction.. (Tuesday's gone, wonder if u have tried naturals)

PREV123NEXT