We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV345
freeze precip of psilocin Options

Loveall
#81 Posted : 10/2/2018 9:14:28 PM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

Yes, I tested a small ammount. Was essentially tasteless. I feel it was beyond placebo. Matches what the mass spectra says.

Need to make more and reproduce/refine further. If yields are descent I think this could be practical one day. One promising thing is that the fumarate seems very stable and does not change color, which has happened before to me with other mushroom extract approaches.
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Loveall
#82 Posted : 7/24/2019 5:46:53 PM

❤️‍🔥

Update is that yields have been low. This is dissapointing because we did finally did get psilocin fumarate.

There may be a loss when changing the pH or during other steps, I don't know.

Because of these issues, to make a practical extract I'll be working with ion resins next in the thread that Benz started.

DeDao
#83 Posted : 8/29/2019 10:20:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Im gunna act like I understand this thread when I don't Very happy
"Think more than you speak"
"How do you get rid of the pain of having pain in the first place? You get rid of expectations"
"You are everything that is. Open yourself to the love and understanding that is available."
"To see God, you have to have met the Devil."
"When you know how to listen, everyone becomes a guru."
" One time, I didn't do anything, and it was so empty... Almost as if I wasn't doing anything. Then I wrote about it. It was fulfilling."

infinitynlove
#84 Posted : 10/21/2019 7:58:55 AM

Mushroom Explorer

DeDao wrote:
Im gunna act like I understand this thread when I don't Very happy

lol they where my exact thoughts lol

<3
I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention in fact everything I write here is a lie !

I hope in some way, my posts and replies may of helped you, I hope you like what I have said here if not feel free to send me a none flame PM

Scylla
#85 Posted : 9/27/2020 10:48:01 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Loveall wrote:
Update is that yields have been low. This is dissapointing because we did finally did get psilocin fumarate.

Because of these issues, to make a practical extract I'll be working with ion resins next in the thread that Benz started.

Isn't the problem here that you are making a Calcium Hydroxide paste with a high pH of 12? That is destroying nearly all the compounds.

From what I have gathered it seems like the best bet for isolated actives is following this procedure to a T; aside from substituting diethyl ether with DCM and fiddling with the base titration compounds.

"A representative sample of 2 to 10g of dried is ground to a fine powder by mortar and pestle. The powder is mixed with 100 mL of dilute acetic acid in a 250-mL beaker. The pH is readjusted to pH 4 with glacial acetic acid. After standing 1 h, the beaker is placed in a boiling water bath for 8 to 10 min or until the internal temperature of the acid mixture reaches 70�C. The beaker is removed and cooled to room temperature under running water. The acid mixture is separated from the mushroom powder by suction filtration using glass wool. The filtrate is brought to pH 8 with concentrated ammonium hydroxide and quickly extracted with two 50-mL portions of diethyl ether. Gentle mixing instead of shaking should be used to prevent an emulsion. The ether is dried over sodium sulfate, filtered, and evaporated under nitrogen with no applied heat."

If you can't evap under nitrogen I would back extract with ascorbate solution of pH4 multiple times and then air temp evap with a fan.

Loveall
#86 Posted : 11/28/2021 12:33:43 PM

❤️‍🔥

Scylla wrote:
Loveall wrote:

Isn't the problem here that you are making a Calcium Hydroxide paste with a high pH of 12? That is destroying nearly all the compounds.

From what I have gathered it seems like the best bet for isolated actives is following this procedure to a T; aside from substituting diethyl ether with DCM and fiddling with the base titration compounds.

"A representative sample of 2 to 10g of dried is ground to a fine powder by mortar and pestle. The powder is mixed with 100 mL of dilute acetic acid in a 250-mL beaker. The pH is readjusted to pH 4 with glacial acetic acid. After standing 1 h, the beaker is placed in a boiling water bath for 8 to 10 min or until the internal temperature of the acid mixture reaches 70�C. The beaker is removed and cooled to room temperature under running water. The acid mixture is separated from the mushroom powder by suction filtration using glass wool. The filtrate is brought to pH 8 with concentrated ammonium hydroxide and quickly extracted with two 50-mL portions of diethyl ether. Gentle mixing instead of shaking should be used to prevent an emulsion. The ether is dried over sodium sulfate, filtered, and evaporated under nitrogen with no applied heat."

If you can't evap under nitrogen I would back extract with ascorbate solution of pH4 multiple times and then air temp evap with a fan.

Yeah, that's Casale's lab method (1985), we've posted that before. Diethyl ether and nitrogen evap are not easily available.

I got some mushrooms with some rust spots which I don't want to use. I'm gonna burn them
in an experiment.

- Dry and grind to a powder
- Make a water paste with ascorbic acid, and heat to 70C to try to convert to psilocin
- Add excess sodium bicarbonate (pH should be 8 ), quickly extract with ethyl acetate
- Add ~10mg/g of citric acid to ethyl acetate extract, see if clouds form and precipitate

benzyme
#87 Posted : 11/28/2021 9:01:13 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

I feel the need to contribute to this project. I am very close to getting this method up and running (UHPLC-CAD), and it is amenable to characterizing counterions and analytes, unlike LCMS and HPLC-UV. Loveall, I will accept samples, on the house, to generate data for this project. I reiterate...I don't want compensation.
It is certainly worth the effort, and there is no data/study to elucidate. It would quite literally, be the only data in the world, using this method.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

Loveall
#88 Posted : 12/5/2021 11:05:12 PM

❤️‍🔥

Thanks benzyme.

I did a test run and got clouding and precipitation after salting the EA. Kind of cool. I tested a small amount of what crashed. I think I felt something, but can say it's beyond placebo.

Definitely worth doing more tests in my opinion.

«PREV345