We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV1234NEXT»
DMT E-cig guide for the new members Options

colebones
#21 Posted : 8/11/2017 2:57:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Awesome, and im assuming your getting breakthroughs on this now. I read through the other post all like 20 pages. It seemed inconclusive on if it was going to work or not.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

nan0tEch
#22 Posted : 8/11/2017 4:48:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

colebones wrote:
Awesome, and im assuming your getting breakthroughs on this now. I read through the other post all like 20 pages. It seemed inconclusive on if it was going to work or not.

Sorry, i struggle to go for the breakthrough at the moment, i want to do it, but I want to do it when im home alone....
One 4 second pull is about 15mg, if I can compare with my previous tank there was a pull 5mg (did the math when the tank was empty. For this tank I need to empty this one and do the math. I had read enough that it should work. One good puff gets me to the waiting room or chrysanthemum as they say.

colebones
#23 Posted : 8/11/2017 10:37:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Well found out the local vape store has your exact setup so I may run down and grab that and give it a try.

nan0tEch
#24 Posted : 8/12/2017 8:20:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

colebones wrote:
Well found out the local vape store has your exact setup so I may run down and grab that and give it a try.

Good choice, just another tip, go to the farmacie and get a 5ml syringe and a needle, my needle is a 1.1mm x 40mm. This one is to narrow, the liquid will be very thick it will be better with thicker needle. And clip off the point so you can get everything out of the shotglass.

Emptiness
#25 Posted : 8/13/2017 5:49:34 AM
DMT-Nexus member

What would the effect be of a lower vaping temp/wattage (vape pens). If it was say 25-50w would it vape less DMT and therefore cause a buildup of DMT in the e-liquid?

nan0tEch
#26 Posted : 8/13/2017 10:52:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Emptiness wrote:
What would the effect be of a lower vaping temp/wattage (vape pens). If it was say 25-50w would it vape less DMT and therefore cause a buildup of DMT in the e-liquid?

I think it's possible that a 20-25 watt is not that powerful that it doesn't evaporated everything and eventually building the spice up in your tank. If you can setup your vape pen in a temp mode it should be beter imo. A temp controle mode to 260 degree celcius would be good and the max watt on your pen. In tc mode the wattage means how fast your pen goes to the desired temperature.

If you can get a mod box that gets to 40-45 watt you have a beter equipment in your hands, a 200watt box is overkill if it's only for dmt.

TeaDaze
#27 Posted : 8/14/2017 12:45:53 AM

truth is a pathless land

I've been running mine around 20-25w but I think that is just where the atomizer I have works best. If I push mine up to 40 it is harsh and hurts my lungs. Less than 20 and it doesn't produce vapor quickly enough. From my experience using a few other atomizers for nicotine juice I've found it really just depends on the atomizer. Another one I have (for nicotine) does best around 120w. It just takes some experimentation to find the wattage that delivers your vapor without it becoming harsh.

The DMT vaporizer I posted pics of earlier in this thread still works fine with the original coil that came with it. I used it quite a bit and there didn't seem to be any sign of fouling the coil.

Emptiness
#28 Posted : 8/14/2017 4:18:21 AM
DMT-Nexus member

TeaDaze wrote:
I've been running mine around 20-25w but I think that is just where the atomizer I have works best. If I push mine up to 40 it is harsh and hurts my lungs. Less than 20 and it doesn't produce vapor quickly enough. From my experience using a few other atomizers for nicotine juice I've found it really just depends on the atomizer. Another one I have (for nicotine) does best around 120w. It just takes some experimentation to find the wattage that delivers your vapor without it becoming harsh.

The DMT vaporizer I posted pics of earlier in this thread still works fine with the original coil that came with it. I used it quite a bit and there didn't seem to be any sign of fouling the coil.

So do you notice any build up of spice in your tank as you reach the end of your tank? I want to know if 25w is too low a temp for equal vaporization of both e-liquid and DMT at the same time.

Emptiness
#29 Posted : 8/14/2017 4:26:55 AM
DMT-Nexus member

nan0tEch wrote:
Emptiness wrote:

I think it's possible that a 20-25 watt is not that powerful that it doesn't evaporated everything and eventually building the spice up in your tank. If you can setup your vape pen in a temp mode it should be beter imo. A temp controle mode to 260 degree celcius would be good and the max watt on your pen. In tc mode the wattage means how fast your pen goes to the desired temperature.

If you can get a mod box that gets to 40-45 watt you have a beter equipment in your hands, a 200watt box is overkill if it's only for dmt.

What is the temperature of 20-25watts? I know DMT starts vaping well around 70c.

TeaDaze
#30 Posted : 8/14/2017 6:25:31 AM

truth is a pathless land

The temperature the coil itself reaches will also depend on the wire resistance, as well as the wire's length I believe. Whether or not 25w is hot enough will depend on what coil you have. I'm pretty sure there are some calculators out there for vape nerds to figure this out, but I haven't tried them.

I'm still on the same tank of fluid but I can't see any crystallization, floaters, sediment, or separation. I have no idea if DMT is gunking up the coil or being left behind but it still seems to work fine as of a few weeks ago.

I hope that helps a bit. I don't have much more experience with vaporizers beyond this.

colebones
#31 Posted : 8/16/2017 5:24:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

So It works!!! Just had the most intense trip yet. I did not look at the time before I went in but it was around 10-15 min in and another 5-10 of just sitting here taking it in while still having quite the visuals. I don't really remember taking off per say though just a flash of gone. My settings on the Al85 are a just a tad different. I have mine at 320 fahrenheit. Just a tad lower than yours it seemed to make it less harsh for my sensitive lungs. After the first hit of holding it in I did not have a problem with the cough. Just remember the saying take the 3rd hit so I did. Next time definitely going to have the time down. Sorry for the jumbled thoughts still processing everything.

Banjahinaz
#32 Posted : 8/22/2017 7:22:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Asher7 wrote:
like E.T. sat with all the stuffed animals in Drew Barrymore's closet and was never noticed. Smile

Never has a more perfect comparison ever been made.
Banjahinaz attached the following image(s):
DMT vape juice.png (492kb) downloaded 595 time(s).

TeaDaze
#33 Posted : 8/22/2017 3:16:18 PM

truth is a pathless land

Banjahinaz wrote:
Asher7 wrote:
like E.T. sat with all the stuffed animals in Drew Barrymore's closet and was never noticed. Smile

Never has a more perfect comparison ever been made.

Just make sure your friends don't grab the wrong vaporizer in the collection expecting to get a little nicotine buzz Smile

Dannychop9
#34 Posted : 10/9/2017 4:32:00 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hey, newbie and breakthrough virgin here.

I have been reading a lot over the past few weeks about DMT and different ways of ROA. I am pretty certain the only way I want to travel is via an e-cig. However, I'm not sure on what type of spice to use (freebase/fumerate/salt). I'm not entirely sure on what the differences are between them and what Tek produces what.

Also, great post. Probably the best one for a newbie like me to follow! Thanks!

moto4295
#35 Posted : 10/9/2017 4:35:48 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I finished my first extraction several days ago. I used the Max Ion tek, and I am pleased with the results. 1.2g yield from 50g MHRB. Might be able to do better next time, now that I have a reasonable idea of what I'm doing. Pleased Max Ion tek is also easy, IMO.

I purchased a GVG based on all the recommendations here. Upon reading about the Divine Crossing V.3 (posted here, somewhere), I purchased that and an eLeaf Pico mod. I've never vaped, never smoked, so I was looking to have the shortest learning curve and least discomfort. Had my first attempt with the vape/atomizer a few days ago, and was pleased. I need to work on my utilization, but I think it will work well.

nan0tEch
#36 Posted : 10/9/2017 6:37:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

moto4295 wrote:
I finished my first extraction several days ago. I used the Max Ion tek, and I am pleased with the results. 1.2g yield from 50g MHRB. Might be able to do better next time, now that I have a reasonable idea of what I'm doing. Pleased Max Ion tek is also easy, IMO.

Good job. A 1.2g from 50g mhrb was my first extraction also.

moto4295 wrote:
I purchased a GVG based on all the recommendations here. Upon reading about the Divine Crossing V.3 (posted here, somewhere), I purchased that and an eLeaf Pico mod. I've never vaped, never smoked, so I was looking to have the shortest learning curve and least discomfort. Had my first attempt with the vape/atomizer a few days ago, and was pleased. I need to work on my utilization, but I think it will work well.

The divine crossing is a different approach but every one his method. The only thing about your method is that you cannot use it in a stealthy way. But to every method has his own pros and cons.

nan0tEch
#37 Posted : 10/9/2017 8:09:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm now at the last few draws of my tank. I have 93 puffs on the counter. I can take 10 puffs of the 93 due the fact that i have misfired a few times. There is still a bit in the tank for around 8-10 puffs. So to do the math 1000mg / 90 puffs = 11mg. But at the end my mixture get more reddish instead of my golden color from where i started. This could be that the VG evaps quicker then the PG that bounded with the spice. This i can acknowledge, if i take a draw now from my mod box it's getting more crazier then in the beginning of this tank. It's like my first 2ml was very consistent in potency and now the last ml is getting stronger and stronger. I do have now a different feeling in my throat. This could be that there is indeed more PG then the PG/VG mixture. I've have had a few very crazy low dossage trips with some crazy open eye visuals this last few draws. I still haven't go for a 3 pull breakthrough (i ain't got the balls atm and the time for a good setting)

I now have to extract a new badge of spice to make a new tank. I'm thinking for a 100% PG or a 70/30 PG/VG on my next mixture of the e-juice. I want to make it more potent then it is now. In a range of 1.5g spice in the 3ml tank. This should be around 16mg per puff.

Still this tank didn't drop its spice like i've read in others experiences.
nan0tEch attached the following image(s):
IMG_2120.JPG (1,609kb) downloaded 517 time(s).

TeaDaze
#38 Posted : 10/10/2017 4:55:25 AM

truth is a pathless land

nan0tEch wrote:
I'm now at the last few draws of my tank. I have 93 puffs on the counter. I can take 10 puffs of the 93 due the fact that i have misfired a few times. There is still a bit in the tank for around 8-10 puffs. So to do the math 1000mg / 90 puffs = 11mg. But at the end my mixture get more reddish instead of my golden color from where i started. This could be that the VG evaps quicker then the PG that bounded with the spice. This i can acknowledge, if i take a draw now from my mod box it's getting more crazier then in the beginning of this tank. It's like my first 2ml was very consistent in potency and now the last ml is getting stronger and stronger. I do have now a different feeling in my throat. This could be that there is indeed more PG then the PG/VG mixture. I've have had a few very crazy low dossage trips with some crazy open eye visuals this last few draws. I still haven't go for a 3 pull breakthrough (i ain't got the balls atm and the time for a good setting)

I now have to extract a new badge of spice to make a new tank. I'm thinking for a 100% PG or a 70/30 PG/VG on my next mixture of the e-juice. I want to make it more potent then it is now. In a range of 1.5g spice in the 3ml tank. This should be around 16mg per puff.

Still this tank didn't drop its spice like i've read in others experiences.

Have you tried changing your coil at any point or examining it? I had a go with my DMT vaporizer a few weeks ago for the first time in a few months and the first attempt didn't produce much vapor. I changed the coil out and that fixed it. Have a look at what the old coil looked like! I hadn't been keeping track of how many times I used it unfortunately but I'm sure at least a gram of DMT went through it. Maybe that's too much for one coil.

I've had nicotine juice go dark when the coils become fouled and I continue using it. I can actually see the burnt fluid seeping out of the cotton into the cleaner mixture. When this is happening the vapor is also harsher. I can only imagine this would be worse with DMT.

I just compared my tank to the photo I took when I first put it together and my mixture is a deep red now compared to the golden color it started as. If I ever do another mixture I'll probably mix less in anticipation for a shorter lifespan.
TeaDaze attached the following image(s):
IMG_3398.jpg (1,395kb) downloaded 501 time(s).

colebones
#39 Posted : 10/16/2017 8:30:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So on my al85 with the 2ml tank. I tend to get just over 100 hits. Though some are smaller from my girl trying it. But we have gone through about 1.5g between 2 tanks. I change my coil every time I have to make a new batch. I use 60/40 pg/vg and that seems to work well for me. Very consistent 3 hit breakthroughs everytime. I really like this method and even my friend with more exp smoking than me switched to this after he tried it. I think the only downside is how convenient it is to use.

pareidolian
#40 Posted : 10/17/2017 2:53:53 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Thank you for sharing your ratios. My last one I just put a lot of spice in a little liquid... all I know is that it works, so good that I respect taking a 3rd toke. IMO this is the future form of spice exploration.
I used straight VG (no pg) as that is what I am used to vaping and the spice dissolved very nicely into it with the use of a heat gun at low temp and stirring.
Also just wanted to mention that every coil is unique in Ohms of resistance, material, wattage needed to fire it up, etc. There is a lot of info out there for each coil/tank/atomizer, for spice I just started at a low setting and worked my way up until I found that 'holy moly' spot.

PREV1234NEXT»