We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
some insight about myself Options

InAwe
#21 Posted : 5/8/2017 5:12:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you Grateful One!
"If you're going to walk on thin ice, you might as well dance''

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

DOMO
#22 Posted : 5/14/2017 8:39:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

InAwe wrote:
Entheogenic gnosis,

I was also very interested in this "observer effect," which is the idea that we can change the activity of subatomic particles simply by perceiving them.

Neil Tyson was on the Joe Rogan podcast, and he completely disavowed this idea. It's about an 8 minute video, check it out:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hF5sTRFvXwo

Quantum mechanics is a relatively new area of scientific inquiry, so who knows what we will find. But apparently the observer effect is very misunderstood in the laymen community (in which I include myself). Much to my dismay, turns out it's not very mystical. The instruments used to measure the particle cause a change in its position.

Many mysteries remain, but it sounds like this one has been solved.

I basically only know what I've read from A Brief History, and that was the conclusion I came to as well - I wasn't sure how 'literal' the observer effect (and its resulting chaos theory) was but I assumed that the scientific community actually took it pretty literally. Good to see otherwise. (This does point a little more towards predetermination, so here's hoping everyone views that in a healthy manner)

From what I know quantum mechanics is basically half understood, as the theory of relativity and the theory of gravity haven't been unified.

But here is something in the same vein that I found very interesting. Maybe you will too:
Planets don't really orbit around the sun... they move in a straight line.Surprised Gravity literally bends the universe (and all light etc) around itself.
http://www.scienceforums...ling-in-a-straight-line/
I can't picture this. Maybe no one in the third dimension can. But what it alludes to is very interesting, and gives light to the possibility that a presence / observer does affect things. After all, gravity dictates the form and function of how everything works together in the universe and the biological correlates of our consciousness (molecular activity in the brain etc) have mass Thumbs up

InAwe
#23 Posted : 5/14/2017 7:51:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I hadn't heard the planets moving in a straight line theory before. Maybe the idea is that they would move in a straight line if they weren't bent by the gravity of the sun.

Same is true of time itself. Space time gets bent/pulled toward large objects. Hence time moves faster when closer to a huge planet. I think.

Whenever I think about this, I have to go back to the literature to verify what I think I know, and even then I only half understand it.
"If you're going to walk on thin ice, you might as well dance''

DOMO
#24 Posted : 5/16/2017 5:26:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah, time and length expand further away from gravitational pull. Lawrence Krauss talks about this on JRE.
They move in a straight line, but gravity bends space-time. Or at least it's easy to understand if we say "bends" but in reality space-time is formed in respect to gravity. It appears to bend, but it's really straight.
As far as our normal thinking / perception is concerned, they orbit in an ellipses. But they're actually moving straight.

It's definitely some food for thought.

PREV12