We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Overcoming fear from DMT experience. Options

Jees
#21 Posted : 4/29/2017 3:12:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Very interesting there RLM.

Does the 'resilience' also shows outside intoxication?
- Many people have scary or annoying dreams sometimes, have/had you?
- Are common emotions also lesser peaking as the average person?
- Stressing situations? E.g. how are important exams felt?

Thank you.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

RabidLabMouse
#22 Posted : 4/29/2017 3:43:44 PM

Half in jest, all in seriousness.

Jees wrote:
Very interesting there RLM.

Does the 'resilience' also shows outside intoxication?
- Many people have scary or annoying dreams sometimes, have/had you?
- Are common emotions also lesser peaking as the average person?
- Stressing situations? E.g. how are important exams felt?

Thank you.

Nah. I'm pretty average all the way around except in this one chemical arena.

When I was under ten, I used to be so scared of practically everything that my mother couldn't leave me alone for very long without me shrieking in terror at whatever horrible thing I was imagining. I had some terrible things happen to me quite young that probably made that worse. Even G-rated movies provided me with nightmare fuel. I cried for three days over the concept of death at five or six years old. At seven, I was consumed with finding a purpose. Not just a job or whatever but the purpose for ME, all that I was, to even exist. My mother has said she didn't know whether to laugh at me caring so much about it so early or what.

Post-ten, I had a handle on my fears. Movies no longer scared me beyond the usual jump-scares. Scary stories might give me a delighted shiver but would not impact me after it was over like it did before. I still had nightmares and still do, but they don't really have much power over me after I'm awake. But I was filled with rage. I was a very, very, very angry teenager. I got into a lot of fights. Some broken bones, the usual split lips and black eyes, et cetera. I was out of control, my own or anyone else's.

Into my early twenties, I was like that. Just a ball of emotion. Woke up irritated, went to bed enraged. I was a terrible person, really. I made some poor girl at a McDonald's cry. It was awful.

I'm much better now, I think. I hope. I'd rather laugh than cry or fight. In fact, appropriate or not, laughter is generally my first response to anything. I don't take much in life very seriously but I try not to let that hurt the people around me because I know that just because I don't see the value in getting worked up about something doesn't mean they don't. I still feel.

DmnStr8
#23 Posted : 4/29/2017 4:04:20 PM

Come what may

You have a great energy about you RLM! Glad you are here! Big grin
"In the universe there is an immeasurable, indescribable force which shamans call intent, and absolutely everything that exists in the entire cosmos is attached to intent by a connecting link." ~Carlos Castaneda

syberdelic
#24 Posted : 4/29/2017 4:15:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Here is a thread dedicated to shining some light on the RLM anomalies. I have been taking and administering psychedelics now for a very long time and have never seen anything like it. If it can be figured out, I think it would be valuable information for the psychedelic community as well as simply understanding how our minds/bodies function.

https://www.dmt-nexus.me/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&t=74492

PREV12