We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV1234NEXT
Why did you choose your name? Options

RAM
#21 Posted : 3/6/2017 8:10:04 PM

Hail the keys!

I was originally DMTheory because I like DMT and making theories about the experience, but then I felt a little bad using DMT in my username because I thought it was too sacred for that.

I switched to RAM for multiple reasons: out of respect for Ram Dass and Be Here Now, ram is the mantra for our third chakra which I associate with the Nexus, and it also stands for random access memory. At the time of the switch, I was studying computer science and enjoyed thinking about parallels between the human mind and computer chips, particularly how psychedelics could be related to the processing power of our brains.

Finally, rams are very funny-looking animals!
"Think for yourself and question authority." - Leary

"To step out of ideology - it hurts. It's a painful experience. You must force yourself to do it." - Žižek

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

UgraKarma
#22 Posted : 3/6/2017 11:14:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I originally chose the handle Ugra Karma for its literal interpretation (ferocious activities) - which I was able to equate with some of the heavier ordeals I was in the thick of when I'd chosen it.

In all truth, it now strikes me as having darker signaling than I'd prefer for my avatar to represent nowadays - but what's in a name?
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents." -lovecraft

urtica
#23 Posted : 3/6/2017 11:49:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I love Nettles, Urtica dioica.
urtica is a fictional character. nothing written by this fictional character has anything to do with reality. if urtica was real, and performing any activities that are restricted by certain governmental forces, these activities would be performed in Heaven where nothing is true & everything is permitted.

spacexplorer
#24 Posted : 3/7/2017 1:13:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

urtica wrote:
I love Nettles, Urtica dioica.

Why?

fluidfocus
#25 Posted : 3/7/2017 7:38:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

It's both a reference to my own ability to quickly and completely shift my awareness between states/thoughts as well as an allusion to the perpetually flowing and transitory nature of consciousness in general.

nexalizer
#26 Posted : 3/7/2017 11:06:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

RAM wrote:
but then I felt a little bad using DMT in my username because I thought it was too sacred for that.

This is the time to really find out who you are and enjoy every moment you have. Take advantage of it.

AcidShard
#27 Posted : 5/1/2017 1:47:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

When I was 15 or 16, and first heard about DMT, my psychedelic buddy called it Acid Rock, he explained it to me as
"LSD is to coca leaf as DMT is to crack rock"
Since it's actually a crystal when pure, I changed it to Acid Shard.
Plus I've always liked the word shard, I think it's a pretty cool sounding word.

The same friend made up all kinds of weird nicknames for drugs, LSD (on blotter) was "launch pads"

Northerner
#28 Posted : 5/1/2017 3:36:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Because the explorer struck out into the North. There were mostly questions and more adversary than comfort in path forward, but the vista is priceless and worth more than a 1000 pictures or a 1000 reasonings of men who ventured only within the confines of the already known.

nah, not really... It's just that I live in the north.
The nearest we ever come to knowing truth is when we are witness to paradox.

sauSage
#29 Posted : 5/10/2017 11:12:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I used to DJ in SF under this name. Took "paul" from my dad and "sage" from the type of advice he used to give me... at some point over the years in chat it got twisted into "sauSage" and just stuck...
"The brain is a reducing valve that restricts consciousness" - A Huxley

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail" – Ralph Waldo Emerson…

"Whatever you study you also change" - Heisenberg Uncertainty principle

What a substance
#30 Posted : 5/15/2017 11:29:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

DMT - WHAT A SUBSTANCE!
Laughing
Author of: DMT & My Occult Mind: Investigation of Occult Realities using the Spirit Molecule

The whole cosmos is guided, controlled and animated by an almost endless series of hierarchies of sentient beings, each having a mission to perform. They vary infinitely in their respective degrees of consciousness and intelligence. THE SECRET DOCTRINE

Gowpen
#31 Posted : 5/15/2017 12:11:48 PM

If you don't make mistakes, you are doing it wrong

I chose Gowpen as it means (apparently) a double handfull
as in the hollow of two hands held together as if forming a bowl.

My first chosen name was V-vo (meaning 'alive' {Vivo} without the 'I'. But it was taken already. I have never seen anyone called V-vo, can I change my name here ?
One can never cross the ocean without the Courage to lose sight of the shore

AlchemicalGnostic
#32 Posted : 5/15/2017 2:43:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I combined my two favorite subjects together, Alchemy and Gnosticism.

Alchemy is the art of transformation. Original alchemists tried to turn base metals like lead and Copper into gold. A lot of alchemy texts also talk about transformation of the consciousness and leaving the physical plane. This seems impossible without DMT. I believe ancient alchemists knew how to extract DMT.

Gnosticism is the the study of the pre Christian era. Gnosis ,which means knowledge, is the believe that the demiurge created everything and created it in a flawed manner. Gnostics believed the world and their existence was a natural sin and that there was some esoteric knowledge that broke their chains with the materialistic demiurge and to reconnect with the Devine.
"We are the gods of the atoms that make up ourselves but we are also the atoms of the gods that make up the universe." - Manly P. Hall

TGO
#33 Posted : 5/15/2017 11:08:58 PM

Music is alive and in your soul. It can move you. It can carry you. It can make you cry! Make you laugh. Most importantly, it makes you feel! What is more important than that?

Welcoming committee

Gowpen wrote:
I chose Gowpen as it means (apparently) a double handfull
as in the hollow of two hands held together as if forming a bowl.

My first chosen name was V-vo (meaning 'alive' {Vivo} without the 'I'. But it was taken already. I have never seen anyone called V-vo, can I change my name here ?

PM The Traveler for name change requests! Wink
New to The Nexus? Check These Out:

One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish

InAwe
#34 Posted : 5/16/2017 1:21:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I chose my name because it's how I felt after my first experience. In awe, dumbstruck, astonished, completely bewildered.

I have done many exciting things in my life. Scary run out rock climbing, fast motorcycles, whitewater river rafting, skydiving. None of those things compare with DMT. They are fun and exhilarating, but not like DMT. After my first experience, I knew beyond a doubt it was the craziest, most unbelievable thing I've ever done.

"If you're going to walk on thin ice, you might as well dance''

DmnStr8
#35 Posted : 5/16/2017 3:40:05 AM

Come what may

Can you change your name on here?! I chose mine in haste and lack of imagination at the time. Surprised

Rename me any of the following:
guyonthecouch <- Because I like the guy on the couch
Tripnautics <- I made that up just now cause it sounds cool
ShroomMaster5000 <- Has a ring to it
Tim5000 <- because I never met a Tim I didn't like and keeping with the 5000 theme

Vasudeva <- All joking aside this would be my chosen rename if given the choice.
He is a character from the book Siddhartha by Hermann Hesse. This character is a ferry man and he takes people back and forth across a river. He listens to the river to cultivate his listening skills.

This character represents everything I wish to learn in this life. This listening translates to ordinary and psychedelic states of consciousness. His humble approach to life is appealing to me. He is just a man and becomes a great teacher just by sitting and listening to the river. I would definitely change my name Vasudeva if I could, if anything for a reminder to myself for the kind of man I want to be in this world.

Herman Hesse wrote:
Vasudeva rose. "It is late," he said, "let's go to sleep. I can't tell you that other thing, oh friend. You'll learn it, or perhaps you know it already. See, I'm no learned man, I have no special skill in speaking, I also have no special skill in thinking. All I'm able to do is to listen and to be godly, I have learned nothing else. If I was able to say and teach it, I might be a wise man, but like this I am only a ferryman, and it is my task to ferry people across the river. I have transported many, thousands; and to all of them, my river has been nothing but an obstacle on their travels. They traveled to seek money and business, and for weddings, and on pilgrimages, and the river was obstructing their path, and the ferryman's job was to get them quickly across that obstacle. But for some among thousands, a few, four or five, the river has stopped being an obstacle, they have heard its voice, they have listened to it, and the river has become sacred to them, as it has become sacred to me. Let's rest now, Siddhartha."

"In the universe there is an immeasurable, indescribable force which shamans call intent, and absolutely everything that exists in the entire cosmos is attached to intent by a connecting link." ~Carlos Castaneda

DmnStr8
#36 Posted : 5/16/2017 4:28:40 AM

Come what may

RAM wrote:
I was originally DMTheory because I like DMT and making theories about the experience, but then I felt a little bad using DMT in my username because I thought it was too sacred for that.

I switched to RAM for multiple reasons: out of respect for Ram Dass and Be Here Now, ram is the mantra for our third chakra which I associate with the Nexus, and it also stands for random access memory. At the time of the switch, I was studying computer science and enjoyed thinking about parallels between the human mind and computer chips, particularly how psychedelics could be related to the processing power of our brains.

Finally, rams are very funny-looking animals!

RAM is the Manipura Chakra. This shakra represents the qualities of clarity, self-confidence, bliss, self-assurance, knowledge, wisdom and the ability to make correct decisions. Some say this chakra can repair your DNA.

New to the chakras and I just got done learning about this one!
"In the universe there is an immeasurable, indescribable force which shamans call intent, and absolutely everything that exists in the entire cosmos is attached to intent by a connecting link." ~Carlos Castaneda

inaniel
#37 Posted : 5/16/2017 3:06:00 PM

mas alla del mar

I like this name, more so the way it looks than the way its spoken. heard it in a song over ten years ago now. wanted to name one of my children Inaniel, but it fell through, so I use it on the internet.

some one
#38 Posted : 6/14/2017 12:26:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

we are all one, split up in some
some one
some = one | here = some | there = one

Rising Spirit
#39 Posted : 6/14/2017 3:31:53 AM

'Tis A Looooooong Wind Blowing Cosmic Dust

My best friend and fellow traveler, Don Philipe, waaaaaay back during the 1970s, named me Rising Spirit. We had some epic journeys!

When I joined this wonderful forum, I chose that nostalgic moniker as my user name. Honestly, perhaps it would have been more appropriate to have chosen, Long Wind?
There is no self to which I cling, for I am one with everything.

downwardsfromzero
#40 Posted : 6/14/2017 8:47:50 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

OP:
Psilosopher? wrote:
I made up Bodhisativa because it made me laugh, and i like puns.

It's also inspired from an actual experience where i became a temporary Buddha through ganja.

Now you've changed your name, can you say something for us about it? It seems fairly obvious, though Big grin

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

PREV1234NEXT