We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
[ANOTHER NEW Update 11th Apr '17] Pictures of my Loph fruits (harvested! - photo's added!) Options

downwardsfromzero
#21 Posted : 4/11/2017 7:16:08 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

opened up the fruit so we can see the seeds:
downwardsfromzero attached the following image(s):
IMG_7127.JPG (2,919kb) downloaded 49 time(s).
IMG_7128.JPG (2,922kb) downloaded 49 time(s).
IMG_7132.JPG (2,942kb) downloaded 49 time(s).

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

downwardsfromzero
#22 Posted : 4/11/2017 9:37:56 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

entheogenic-gnosis wrote:
I have had some of my lophs for over 5 years, and I still have not seen them flower...

This is very interesting in that regard.

Quote:

Propagation of Lophophora

Propagation is through seed, or cuttings which can be accelerated by grafting.
In the wild, peyote will take three to fifteen years before reaching a point of flowering maturity. If conditions are controlled to that of optimum, these same plants can grow to a point of flowering maturity within two to three years or less. And if one wishes to really speed up the process of growing mature plants from seed, then grafting is the way to go. If one starts out by grafting one, two, or three month old seedling, it is possible to get flowers that produce viable seed about six months later.

How do I know? From personal experience. In fact, I have personally been able to achieve a flowering plant from seed by grafting within seven months of planting the seed. The same plant put out its first fruit with seed by its tenth month. For those that are a little nervous to try their hand at grafting or just prefer a hard grown plant from seed I also have good news. When proper conditions are offered one can have a plant flowering within as little as one year and a half, just as in the picture you see here below. This batch of Lophophora Williamsii was planted December 14th 2006, and put out its first flower by June 11th 2008. If I can do this, I am sure that anyone with the desire to grow such a beautiful plant can too... and that means you!!
http://www.magicactus.com/propagation.html

...had I provided proper flowering/seeding conditions this would not have been the case, and I could have induced seeding much sooner.

...any way, very interesting.

-eg

Very, very interesting.

Have you looked into grafting stock?

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."

downwardsfromzero
#23 Posted : 4/11/2017 10:19:34 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Pics of new blooms posted here!

Or would we prefer them in this thread?

entheogenic-gnosis
#24 Posted : 4/15/2017 9:57:18 PM
DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
entheogenic-gnosis wrote:
I have had some of my lophs for over 5 years, and I still have not seen them flower...

This is very interesting in that regard.

Quote:

Propagation of Lophophora

Propagation is through seed, or cuttings which can be accelerated by grafting.
In the wild, peyote will take three to fifteen years before reaching a point of flowering maturity. If conditions are controlled to that of optimum, these same plants can grow to a point of flowering maturity within two to three years or less. And if one wishes to really speed up the process of growing mature plants from seed, then grafting is the way to go. If one starts out by grafting one, two, or three month old seedling, it is possible to get flowers that produce viable seed about six months later.

How do I know? From personal experience. In fact, I have personally been able to achieve a flowering plant from seed by grafting within seven months of planting the seed. The same plant put out its first fruit with seed by its tenth month. For those that are a little nervous to try their hand at grafting or just prefer a hard grown plant from seed I also have good news. When proper conditions are offered one can have a plant flowering within as little as one year and a half, just as in the picture you see here below. This batch of Lophophora Williamsii was planted December 14th 2006, and put out its first flower by June 11th 2008. If I can do this, I am sure that anyone with the desire to grow such a beautiful plant can too... and that means you!!
http://www.magicactus.com/propagation.html

...had I provided proper flowering/seeding conditions this would not have been the case, and I could have induced seeding much sooner.

...any way, very interesting.

-eg

Very, very interesting.

Have you looked into grafting stock?

I've done brief research. I actually have many trichocereus Pachanoi which would be suitable, however I am fairly comfortable just leaving them as they are, though seeing them flower would be nice.

-eg

downwardsfromzero
#25 Posted : 4/17/2017 12:04:28 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Some flower pictures:
downwardsfromzero attached the following image(s):
IMG_7181.JPG (2,961kb) downloaded 29 time(s).
IMG_7178.JPG (3,033kb) downloaded 23 time(s).
IMG_7171.JPG (4,095kb) downloaded 22 time(s).

PREV12