We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV123
Psilocybin Tincture: to heat or not to heat? Options

dreamer042
#41 Posted : 4/30/2017 9:09:54 AM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

Glad to here it worked well for you. Thumbs up

At the weekly dosing schedule, tolerance shouldn't be that much an issue, especially with those lower end doses. I generally won't condone spinning out every weekend, but it's up to each of us to find out the dosing schedule and regimen that fits them best at the current time.

Lot's of plants (and mushrooms!) make good tinctures, perhaps consider the benefits a nice reishi, or maitake, or lemon balm, or dandelion root tincture could add to your lifestyle in addition to these psillily potent little mushroom drops.

Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

explorer7
#42 Posted : 4/30/2017 9:19:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Dreamer, thank you for the suggestion about the other tinctures.
Think I might have major fun creating these ... reishi is calling me!

Amazing Pro-tip, thank you!!!
How much Lions Mane is needed with low doses of psilo mushies?

dreamer042 wrote:

At the weekly dosing schedule, tolerance shouldn't be that much an issue, especially with those lower end doses. I generally won't condone spinning out every weekend, but it's up to each of us to find out the dosing schedule and regimen that fits them best at the current time.

Lot's of plants (and mushrooms!) make good tinctures, perhaps consider the benefits a nice reishi, or maitake, or lemon balm, or dandelion root tincture could add to your lifestyle in addition to these psillily potent little mushroom drops.

everything i write is for the purposes of creative expression and writing a science fiction novel.

explorer7
#43 Posted : 4/30/2017 9:37:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Will dry dropping Lion's Mane extract right when I am holding the psilocybin tincture ... hope this works
everything i write is for the purposes of creative expression and writing a science fiction novel.

explorer7
#44 Posted : 5/13/2017 3:30:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Dreamer42, im working on perfecting the tincture process.

If I use Everclear 190 proof (instead of Everclear 150 proof) will it make the tincture more potent?

Do I get more alkaloids from the fruits by using Everclear 190 proof?

dreamer042 wrote:

dreamer042
#45 Posted : 5/13/2017 4:24:57 AM

Dreamoar

I don't expect there will be too much difference, the alkaloids are readily soluble in both ethanol and water. For the record, I've always used 190 proof (95%) everclear to make my tinctures.

Edit: One time we made a batch of "blue tequila" by soaking ground dried fruits in a bottle of tequila. That stuff was dangerous! Confused
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

explorer7
#46 Posted : 5/13/2017 4:37:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Tequilla, wow! that sounds explosive!

I will definitely try it with 190 proof.

I have read about the use of fruits with chocolate (possibly cacao) ... why this is ... does the cacao act as an extra MAOI?

do you think I could add cacao to the tincture?

dreamer042 wrote:
I don't expect there will be too much difference, the alkaloids are readily soluble in both ethanol and water. For the record, I've always used 190 proof (95%) everclear to make my tinctures.

Edit: One time we made a batch of "blue tequila" by soaking ground dried fruits in a bottle of tequila. That stuff was dangerous! Confused

dreamer042
#47 Posted : 5/13/2017 5:06:47 AM

Dreamoar

Ah! the Xocolatl Majik

My favorite administration method. Cool

That's a whole nother thread, and it'll be a long one I'm sure.

Cacao does have some MAOI properties, it's not a very strong MAO Inhibitor, but I suspect there is some level of potentiation happening there. Cacao is a quite a chemical cocktail on it's own, theobromine and multiple other xanthines, a wide variety of phenethylamines, bit of caffeine and anandamide in there for good measure. There is undoubtedly a strong synergy with the mushrooms, if not outright potentation.

Cacao would work fine in a tincture, but I'm personally moar inclined to make some nice candy bars.

explorer7
#48 Posted : 5/13/2017 5:17:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Fascinating!!!

Would you recommend a particular % of cacao ... I have seen chocolate bars that are 60%, 70%, 80% cacao?
Or simply go for the pure ground cacao with no sugar?

I have tried the fruits with syrian rue ... I must say the journey has a "syrian rue" feel ... warrior energy, masculine strength, persian overlay.

I wonder if the chocolate (cacao) has it own dimension, that is opened by the mushroom?

dreamer042 wrote:
Ah! the Xocolatl Majik

My favorite administration method. Cool

That's a whole nother thread, and it'll be a long one I'm sure.

Cacao does have some MAOI properties, it's not a very strong MAO Inhibitor, but I suspect there is some level of potentiation happening there. Cacao is a quite a chemical cocktail on it's own, theobromine and multiple other xanthines, a wide variety of phenethylamines, bit of caffeine and anandamide in there for good measure. There is undoubtedly a strong synergy with the mushrooms, if not outright potentation.

Cacao would work fine in a tincture, but I'm personally moar inclined to make some nice candy bars.

dreamer042
#49 Posted : 5/13/2017 5:23:11 AM

Dreamoar

The higher the cacao percentage the better, throw in some raw cacao nibs too. I wouldn't say the cacao takes over the space the way heavy harmala doses can, but it certainly adds a whole new level of energy and bliss to the experience.

explorer7
#50 Posted : 5/13/2017 5:27:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Wow!!

I just got my Lion's Mane tincture ... will try it my next outing ... will do 12 drops of cubensis tincture, and a dropper full of lion's mane ... curious to see what will happen ???

Wondering if I should add a dropper full of 100% cacao tincture (just saw it online)?

dreamer042 wrote:
The higher the cacao percentage the better, throw in some raw cacao nibs too. I wouldn't say the cacao takes over the space the way heavy harmala doses can, but it certainly adds a whole new level of energy and bliss to the experience.

skoobysnax
#51 Posted : 4/16/2018 9:03:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I am just catching this thread the day after some tea with golden teachers I have had vacuum sealed in an ammo box for some time. 2.5G in hot water were enough to give me decent threshold effects but not anything very intense. I am curious if i took the remaining 2oz that I have and make the everclear tincture with ascorbic acid and stored this in the fridge in an amber jar if this will keep better than they way?

As few chances that I have to partake i would like to stretch the shelflife.
Marijuana, LSD, psilocybin, and DMT they all changed the way I see
But love's the only thing that ever saved my life - Sturgill Simpson "Turtles all the Way Down"

Why am I here?

explorer7
#52 Posted : 4/16/2018 11:04:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

skoobysnax wrote:
I am just catching this thread the day after some tea with golden teachers I have had vacuum sealed in an ammo box for some time. 2.5G in hot water were enough to give me decent threshold effects but not anything very intense. I am curious if i took the remaining 2oz that I have and make the everclear tincture with ascorbic acid and stored this in the fridge in an amber jar if this will keep better than they way?

As few chances that I have to partake i would like to stretch the shelflife.

I think you'd have a better shelf life in a vacuum seal, but i defer to Dreamer whose an expert on all things myco

PREV123