We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV123NEXT
Psilocybin Tincture: to heat or not to heat? Options

explorer7
#21 Posted : 4/8/2017 6:35:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Dreamer042, I've decided to not use the harmalas, just to get the clearest effect.

Thank you for your advice, will then do 3 pulls.

- Do you do 24 hours for each pull?

The first soak has been sitting for 12 hours now ...

dreamer042 wrote:
Quote:
Do you think that a tincture made from 1 gram of full spectrum Peganum harmala alkaloid extract in 10 ml of Everclear would be better than say, soaking 10grams of powdered Syrian Rue in Everclear and reducing to 10ml?

Can the 1g Harmala extract be put into 10ml Everclear solution or would it damage it?

Since you are using an extract I'd suggest using just enough alcohol to dissolve/suspend it and not attempting to reduce. Harmalas are not very soluble in ethanol so don't be surprised if if it doesn't dissolve well and rather leans moar toward suspension.

1 gram of syrian rue extract seems like a quite a bit to dissolve in 10 ml of alcohol, I expect you'll need to use significantly moar than that.

Quote:
do I add the pinch of ascorbic acid at the every end (after evaporating to 1ml/g) or when the grinded fruits are simmering in the Everclear?

is one pull enough? or do you do 2 pulls from the same grinded fruits?

Should I be doing 1 pull or 2 pulls with 10grams of grinded fruits?

Add it in the beginning when you start soaking the fruits. I usually do 3 pulls to make sure I get everything.

everything i write is for the purposes of creative expression and writing a science fiction novel.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

dreamer042
#22 Posted : 4/8/2017 8:36:23 PM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

You don't have to do em that long, it certainly doesn't hurt and may help, but usually a few hours per pull is plenty sufficient, especially considering the solution is acidified kuz you added a pinch of acid to it.
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

explorer7
#23 Posted : 4/8/2017 9:18:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Amazing, thank you!

dreamer042 wrote:
You don't have to do em that long, it certainly doesn't hurt and may help, but usually a few hours per pull is plenty sufficient, especially considering the solution is acidified kuz you added a pinch of acid to it.

everything i write is for the purposes of creative expression and writing a science fiction novel.

explorer7
#24 Posted : 4/9/2017 8:38:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Dreamer, I just filtered my first pull.

The liquid looks slightly caramel in color ... ? Is this normal ?

It doesn't look cystal clear (i.e., like everclear or clear water).

dreamer042 wrote:

dreamer042
#25 Posted : 4/10/2017 1:02:50 AM

Dreamoar

Yep that golden color is what you want. Often times people report the solution will turn blue due to oxidation, but in this case since you added the acid to prevent that it should stay that caramel/golden color. Be sure to keep it away from heat, light, and air as much as possible.
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

explorer7
#26 Posted : 4/10/2017 1:56:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you Dreamer, I was starting to think something went wrong since I didn't anything resembling Blue colors.

I'll need to evaporate ... i have a room with closed blinds, slight open to door to allow the fumes to evaporate.

What about light from light-blulbs (lamps) does that negative affect the solution?

dreamer042 wrote:
Yep that golden color is what you want. Often times people report the solution will turn blue due to oxidation, but in this case since you added the acid to prevent that it should stay that caramel/golden color. Be sure to keep it away from heat, light, and air as much as possible.

dreamer042
#27 Posted : 4/10/2017 2:31:19 AM

Dreamoar

It's mostly UV light/sunlight that harms alkaloids, I don't think a standard incandenscent should be too much of an issue, but in general the less light exposure the better.

explorer7
#28 Posted : 4/10/2017 2:33:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you! amazing thread!

I think this is the mother-thread of cubensis tinctures!

dreamer042 wrote:
It's mostly UV light/sunlight that harms alkaloids, I don't think a standard incandenscent should be too much of an issue, but in general the less light exposure the better.

explorer7
#29 Posted : 4/10/2017 7:29:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Dreamer, I have been tracking the evaporation process and it is VERY sloooow.

I have a very fine cheese cloth stretch over the top of the mason jar, which has the liquid in it.
To prevent bugs from getting in.

Is the cheese cloth blocking over the jar blocking or slowing down the evaporation?

dreamer042 wrote:

dreamer042
#30 Posted : 4/11/2017 4:30:09 AM

Dreamoar

Yeah it's likely the cheese cloth is interfering with the airflow getting at the solvent. I usually just evap it open air under a fan.

explorer7
#31 Posted : 4/11/2017 6:44:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Taking off the cheese cloth and headed to Kmart to buy me a fan!!!

dreamer042 wrote:
Yeah it's likely the cheese cloth is interfering with the airflow getting at the solvent. I usually just evap it open air under a fan.

explorer7
#32 Posted : 4/12/2017 5:36:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I bought a little fan and it is evaporating the solvent very fast!

As it's evaporating, i'm noticing a small layer of "sediment" at the bottom of the jar.
Should i keep this as part of the final 10ml tincture?

There's the caramel color liquid, and then a small layer (4ml in size) of sediment.

dreamer042 wrote:

dreamer042
#33 Posted : 4/12/2017 6:08:16 PM

Dreamoar

The sediment is likely proteins from the mushrooms, it's quite possible there is a good bit of psilocybin bound up in there as well. See Crystals of the Gods. You can keep it in there or filter it out, if you filter it, it might not be bad idea to save/eat it, at worst you'll get no effect, at best you'll trip yor knocker off. Go easy now. Shocked

explorer7
#34 Posted : 4/12/2017 6:30:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you Dreamer!

I'm reducing to 10ml so I have ratio of 1g/1ml.

If I keep it I'd have 5ml liquid caramel, 5 ml sediment ... how does that sound?

Dreamer, in your 10m tinctures do you leave the sediment in it?

dreamer042 wrote:
The sediment is likely proteins from the mushrooms, it's quite possible there is a good bit of psilocybin bound up in there as well. See Crystals of the Gods. You can keep it in there or filter it out, if you filter it, it might not be bad idea to save/eat it, at worst you'll get no effect, at best you'll trip yor knocker off. Go easy now. Shocked

dreamer042
#35 Posted : 4/13/2017 12:33:35 AM

Dreamoar

I don't recall having much sediment/precipitate in the evap process. I wasn't looking for it either however, if it was in there I included it in the tincture as I didn't pour into the vial through a filter or anything.

explorer7
#36 Posted : 4/13/2017 4:18:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Dreamer, I read the Crystal of the Gods and most people find crystals.

What i see in my beaker is brown/caramel colored sediment.
I thought i used a very find filter. However, I also really pulverized the fruits.

If I keep the sediment, I will have 5ml liquid, 5ml sediment in the 10ml.

Do you think I should keep the sediment???

I don't wanna mess it up after so much work Smile
Confused
dreamer042 wrote:
I don't recall having much sediment/precipitate in the evap process. I wasn't looking for it either however, if it was in there I included it in the tincture as I didn't pour into the vial through a filter or anything.

dreamer042
#37 Posted : 4/13/2017 5:02:36 AM

Dreamoar

yeah keep the sediment, there is def gonna be goods in there at that concentration.

explorer7
#38 Posted : 4/13/2017 7:11:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Deep bow of gratitude!

dreamer042 wrote:
yeah keep the sediment, there is def gonna be goods in there at that concentration.

explorer7
#39 Posted : 4/25/2017 8:52:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM had a chance to experience the tincture this weekend. Low dose, only 9 drops, AMAZING!!! Complete re-alignment of mind/body/spirit ... unlocking much needed insight into a project

I simply want to express my deepest APPRECIATION and GRATITUDE to Dreamer042 and friends who contributed to this thread.

The process outline above works, and the tincture is perfect!!!
Exquisite caramel color, with the sediment. And very potent.

Hail the sacred mushroom medicina, Gracias, Thank you!

dreamer042 wrote:

explorer7
#40 Posted : 4/30/2017 6:30:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

This might be a little off topic ...
I tried the psilocybin tincture the past 2 fridays ... about 9 drops, equivalent to .45g of dried mushroom
Amazing healing ... want to continue

Do you think I will develop a resistance at .45g - .6g each week?

dreamer042 wrote:

PREV123NEXT