We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV1234NEXT»
Resin. The way to go. Options

۩
#21 Posted : 10/27/2009 1:53:14 AM

antichode wrote:
SWIM has been wanting to try a full spectrum experience on his pedro for some time now.... Its odd that he started with the teks, such is the way of living in this day and age, we often like to pull things apart and complicate them beyond where they need to be.

That said, SWIM prefers his cleaned nearly pure Mescaline compared to acetate, far less body load. SWIM gets very strange body effects from the acetate that he wouldnt associate with healing.... What is the physical effect felt in a full extract like this? And how much fresh cacti are swimmers using at a time?

carbonate, acetate, pure hcl,
none of it has anything on this resin!

There's so much more to it...there is a perfect balance...
it's quite unlike that nasty acetate.

do experiment. you will see.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Jorkest
#22 Posted : 10/27/2009 2:05:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

i think that the citric acid is the key here...whether you use lime or lemon juice..or plain old citric acid...listen to the cacti..and you will hear...no vinegar!
it's a sound

antichode
#23 Posted : 10/27/2009 2:10:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM will give it a go..... So just boil chunks with a few cups of lemon juice and then reduce it?

Touche Guevara
#24 Posted : 10/27/2009 2:11:37 AM
DMT-Nexus member

What, in your opinions, makes acetate undesirable? I was thinking that you just preferred a more complete alkaloid profile, but then house called it nasty. Why?

antichode
#25 Posted : 10/27/2009 2:12:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM also read a similar post in the enhanced forum for making Pharmahuasca in a similar way, how does that compare to the extractions?

۩
#26 Posted : 10/27/2009 2:13:06 AM

acetate always seemed hard to digest and nauseating for some reason
(seriously try and eat over 600mg of that stuff...ugh...)
reported no nausea with the resin...only + effects...beyond anything pure mescaline could do even at the 1g range.

simplicity is key here...and I don't know about a few cups of lemon juice...you can just squeezed a lemon into your pot :]

Jorkest
#27 Posted : 10/27/2009 2:17:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

AND vinegar evaporates..and causes a nasty smell when you reduce..
it's a sound

antichode
#28 Posted : 10/27/2009 2:42:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIMS main concern with current teks is just the expense... Limonene is expensive and as much as we would like to think its healthy and perfectly fine, it is a very flammable solvent, from a natural source it may be, but its still powerful stuff. It will eat through most cheap plastics and rubber

SWIM will give this a go over the next few months and report back, he has a garden full of plants some small some big and in years to come he will have as much cactus as he will ever need, but he doesnt want to rely on expensive solvents every time he feels like a walk down memory lane.

So swiy is saying that 5 caps of resin really goes beyond 600mg of extracted mescaline?

Jorkest
#29 Posted : 10/27/2009 3:15:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

haha no not five caps...house and i figured there is about 70-80mg mescaline per resin cap...so five would be between 350-400...but that really depends on the cacti..it could be between 200-600mg...you just gotta test out one cap at a time and find out where you want to go..
it's a sound

maxzar100
#30 Posted : 10/27/2009 3:47:41 AM

Earth Child

I plan on making San Pedro resin, being my first experiance with cacti I have many questions.

How many doses of resin will a 6" cutting produce? Can someone please give me a rough estimate. I need to know because a friend is funding this adventure, and demands to know the general yield before I start.
The events that maxzar100 describes are only hypothetical, and never actually took place. maxzar100 has no link whatsoever to any illegal substance.

Quote:
Salvia, the metamorphosis of reality. -Mz

۩
#31 Posted : 10/27/2009 3:51:00 AM

maxzar100 wrote:
I plan on making San Pedro resin, being my first experiance with cacti I have many questions.

How many doses of resin will a 6" cutting produce? Can someone please give me a rough estimate. I need to know because a friend is funding this adventure, and demands to know the general yield before I start.

bro it's not that easy, it depends on the type of cactus, it depends on how you go about brewing and filtering.....
best to listen to the cactus and just go with the flow.

۩
#32 Posted : 10/27/2009 3:52:30 AM

maxzar100 wrote:

bro it's not that easy, it depends on the type of cactus, it depends on how you go about brewing.....
best to listen to the pedro and go with the flow

6" isn't much though
all I know is you'll get resin...

narmz
#33 Posted : 10/27/2009 4:40:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Very exciting, love nexus, coolest thing I've heard all week!
Everything I post is made up fiction. SWIM represents a character who is not based in or on reality.

maxzar100
#34 Posted : 10/27/2009 5:17:20 AM

Earth Child

alright, thanks for the advice, I will experiment then, ill buy 3 24 inch cuttings.
The events that maxzar100 describes are only hypothetical, and never actually took place. maxzar100 has no link whatsoever to any illegal substance.

Quote:
Salvia, the metamorphosis of reality. -Mz

amor_fati
#35 Posted : 10/27/2009 5:21:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

SWIM made ayahuasca this way, once, but by accident.

As for cactus, it just seems like a lot of water to evaporate, though SWIM certainly would consider doing this once in a while. SWIM would like to get away from the acetate for a number of reasons, but the carbonate may still hold promise.

Maybe this would simply be the way to go for fresh homegrown san pedro, for SWIM. Then he could go with acetate for dry achuma on occasion (he still has yet to try), and carbonate on dry peruvian (depending on forthcoming experiments). It's ridiculous, but SWIM likes to keep these things organized.

۩
#36 Posted : 10/27/2009 5:29:23 AM

amor_fati wrote:
SWIM made ayahuasca this way, once, but by accident.

As for cactus, it just seems like a lot of water to evaporate, though SWIM certainly would consider doing this once in a while. SWIM would like to get away from the acetate for a number of reasons, but the carbonate may still hold promise.

Maybe this would simply be the way to go for fresh homegrown san pedro, for SWIM. Then he could go with acetate for dry achuma on occasion (he still has yet to try), and carbonate on dry peruvian (depending on forthcoming experiments). It's ridiculous, but SWIM likes to keep these things organized.

eh it only takes a little while to evaporate Cool

I found an old t-shirt to be sufficient in filtering the tea before reduction.

۩
#37 Posted : 10/27/2009 6:40:15 AM

maxzar100 wrote:
alright, thanks for the advice, I will experiment then, ill buy 3 24 inch cuttings.

You can cut the tips of these cuttings off (few inches) and let dry a week or two, then plant to root, giving you three pedros.

You can also cut the bases and root those, which would give you six, and all the inner material you can make wonderful resin.
(just an idea)
NOT FOR HUMAN CONSUMPTION, of course! Just roll a ball and stick it in your belly button OK

69ron
#38 Posted : 10/27/2009 8:49:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

This is exactly like the first extraction method SWIM did and he did it many times. It doesn’t work very well and you end up with a lot of crap to ingest.

SWIM greatly prefers all the other techs over this one.

If you’re getting better results from this, you’re extraction methods for mescaline are flawed.

SWIM did this many times, and did not at all like the effects better than pure mescaline. Pure mescaline is FAR BETTER than this crap is. But that’s just SWIM’s opinion. The other alkaloids this extraction method pulls out ruin the trip for SWIM. It’s like eating the cactus raw.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

۩
#39 Posted : 10/27/2009 8:52:14 AM

69ron wrote:
This is exactly like the first extraction method SWIM did and he did it many times. It doesn’t work very well and you end up with a lot of crap to ingest.

SWIM greatly prefers all the other techs over this one.

If you’re getting better results from this, you’re extraction methods for mescaline are flawed.

SWIM did this many times, and did not at all like the effects better than pure mescaline. Pure mescaline is FAR BETTER than this crap is. But that’s just SWIM’s opinion. The other alkaloids this extraction method pulls out ruin the trip for SWIM. It’s like eating the cactus raw.

I beg to differ my good man!

69ron
#40 Posted : 10/27/2009 9:29:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

My god. This is like comparing LSD to HBWR. It's simply no comparison at all. The lucidity and clarity of pure mescaline is fantastic, while the cactus is a dreamy foggy experience. An almost totally different experience.

I rate pure white mescaline HCl 5 stars.

I rate cactus as is, 3 stars.

But I do know that some people prefer the sedated foggy effects of pure cactus over pure mescaline. This is an old debate. It’s all about preference.

The part that I debate strongly is that this method reduces potency quite a lot. All methods that use heat do. That’s what SWIM found. Also ingesting just 1 tiny mescaline HCl pill is far nicer.

If you like the whole cactus feel, then this tech is decent (if you don't mind ingesting a bunch of crap). But if you want a true mescaline experience, which SWIM finds far superior, then this tech won't cut it. You'll need to do a real extraction.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

PREV1234NEXT»