We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV45678NEXT»
The Mescaline Extraction Thread Options

narmz
#101 Posted : 5/19/2009 9:24:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Is mescaline citrate insoluble in acetone?
Everything I post is made up fiction. SWIM represents a character who is not based in or on reality.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Seven
#102 Posted : 6/1/2009 10:21:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

just a quick question, swim found this stuff at a local hardware store. Can this be used as HCL for a mesc extraction? . Just wondering because it says "This is an 18 baume 28% concentration hydrochloric acid." Thanks
The universe is an infinite harmony of vibrating beings in an elaborate range of expansion-contraction ratios, frequency modulations, and so forth.

soulfood
#103 Posted : 6/3/2009 3:40:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

Seven wrote:
just a quick question, swim found this stuff at a local hardware store. Can this be used as HCL for a mesc extraction? . Just wondering because it says "This is an 18 baume 28% concentration hydrochloric acid." Thanks

That's the stuff.

Just remember to dilute it as 28% is almost 3x as concerntrated as needed.

Seven
#104 Posted : 6/3/2009 3:47:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

thanks man, and thanks for the tip, didnt even realize that. Swim just pulled some mesc citrate, and was going to try another tek with HCl to compare.
The universe is an infinite harmony of vibrating beings in an elaborate range of expansion-contraction ratios, frequency modulations, and so forth.

burnt
#105 Posted : 6/6/2009 1:55:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

Does anyone know if mescaline sulfate is soluble in acetone?

Also does anyone have practical advice on drying cacti for STB extraction? How necessary is it?

SWIMs friend of a friend plans to let stress a large specimen for a month or so without water and then hack off a chunk and clone out some other parts. Can the chunk just be dried as for a few days or so? With no need to cut it up more SWIM doesn't really want to get into oven drying. SWIM has access to freeze drier but that's also a bit impractical, although it would work excellent.

69ron
#106 Posted : 6/6/2009 5:58:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

If doing an STB, dry it completely and use calcium hydroxide as the base, otherwise you'll have trouble with the mucilage preventing the mescaline from being extracted. Calcium hydroxide helps break down the mucilage. Don’t use any other base or you’ll be screwed because of the mucilage. Also, use as little water as possible to activate the base and freebase the alkaloids. Too much water ruins the results because it prevents a lot of the mescaline (which loves water) from going into the non-polar solvent.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

69ron
#107 Posted : 6/6/2009 6:06:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

burnt wrote:
Does anyone know if mescaline sulfate is soluble in acetone?

Look at this thread Mescaline solubility and other properties
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

burnt
#108 Posted : 6/6/2009 7:31:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Enough water to cover the plant material or even less?

69ron
#109 Posted : 6/7/2009 12:01:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

You just want the cactus wet but not watery. Look at the D-limonene techs on this forum. Use that as a guide. SWIM spent a lot of time perfecting the amount of water and calcium hydroxide to add to the dry cactus and those techs list the amounts and give some pointers and you can see what problems others have had an how they overcame them.

crakkbakk
#110 Posted : 6/16/2009 8:33:01 PM
DMT-Nexus member

If doing an STB, would naphtha or xylene work just as well as d-limonene?

If one wanted citrate instead of acetate, could they add citric acid to the d-limonene (or naptha or xylene if that worked) shaked and have mescaline citrate crash out?

69ron
#111 Posted : 6/17/2009 2:58:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Naphtha will not work at all. Xylene will work almost as well as d-limonene but it smells horrible and is more toxic than naphtha. Food grade d-limonene is actually good for you in small amounts.

You could use citric acid instead, but the problem is getting the excess citric acid out of the mescaline citrate. SWIM has never been able to do it.

nadir
#112 Posted : 8/4/2009 5:07:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

69ron wrote:
Naphtha will not work at all. Xylene will work almost as well as d-limonene but it smells horrible and is more toxic than naphtha. Food grade d-limonene is actually good for you in small amounts.

You could use citric acid instead, but the problem is getting the excess citric acid out of the mescaline citrate. SWIM has never been able to do it.

Ron, what about toluene?
will that work as well?
all my posts are random generated and can not be evaluated as distinct ideas

Evening Glory wrote:
This is a medicine, remember, not some video you can watch inside your head.

acolon_5
#113 Posted : 8/4/2009 5:53:37 PM

The Great Namah

nadir wrote:
69ron wrote:

Ron, what about toluene?
will that work as well?

I can say that Toluene works fine, if not a bit better than Xylene. Plus is smells a lot less awful.

I've tried mixing the two solvents, but there was no noticable increase in yield.
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

Pancho
#114 Posted : 9/23/2009 2:51:21 AM

Reality Gazer

In my country buying xylene or toluene is very hard.
But I can buy easily an "aromatic hydrocarbon mixture" (as its written at the back of the bottle, but I cant know the specific compounds) and which is sold as a diluent.
Could It be useful?
I have a friend who tried it to extract jungle spice from MHRB and seems It worked fine, but Im not sure about trying it in a mescaline extraction because if it doesnt work I lose all the mescaline, cacti, etc... I need some advice or opinion please. Risk or not?
I have seen Space as kaleidoscopic chambers of infinite Knowledge,
I have seen Time as a semiLiquid mass on the hands of a pharaoh,
I have seen God as a warm and white, full of Love Dimention.
...am I really Seeing right now?

Death is the road to awe

Touche Guevara
#115 Posted : 9/23/2009 4:40:47 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Pancho wrote:
But I can buy easily an "aromatic hydrocarbon mixture" (as its written at the back of the bottle, but I cant know the specific compounds) and which is sold as a diluent.
Could It be useful?
I have a friend who tried it to extract jungle spice from MHRB and seems It worked fine, but Im not sure about trying it in a mescaline extraction because if it doesnt work I lose all the mescaline, cacti, etc... I need some advice or opinion please. Risk or not?

That sounds pretty sketchy unless you can find out the exact ingredients. Try to find a place that will ship limonene. It's the supposedly the best solvent for that.

SuperRad
#116 Posted : 9/23/2009 4:58:26 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Pancho wrote:
Could It be useful?

I know it may not be the WISEST idea, but I say risk it! Aromatic hydrocarbons could be toluene or xylene or a number of other organic solvents. For all we know, this could be a killer blend, well suited for mescaline.

Just be CAREFUL, only use a SMALL amount of material to test, and of course make sure you mescaline salts are completely devoid of these hydrocarbons! Fortunately our noses are very good at smelling them out (only something like ~20ppb to smell in air, IIRC).

Or just get limonene, the best solvent yet found for this task!

BTW are there CAS#s on the bottle? They're often easily overlooked, but enter them into google and you will know exactly what you have1

Seven
#117 Posted : 11/9/2009 2:16:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Swim figured out a way to remove excess citric acid from mescaline citrate. After its dry and scraped up, he added a small bit of very very cold water. Vortexed it a bit, then slowly poured off the cloudy water, through a coffee filter. He evapped the poured off water to make sure no mescaline went with the water. The evapped water resulted in the excess citric acid. The mescaline turned out to be very white and pure. He tested out one "00" cap and he was flying all night with oev's and cevs.

69ron
#118 Posted : 11/14/2009 10:35:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

reduxredux wrote:
…Wondering if anyone has any concrete idea what these alkaloids are. Ron, read that you have isolated these alks before, and have characterized them somewhat similarly. Curious if you have gone beyond this dose (not sure of the composition of the 1200mg ingested; could be largely tyramine or such) or know what the dosage range is for these two alkaloids…

SWIM has had pretty much the same experience. He’s taken a total of 75 mg of these non-mescaline alkaloids orally (actually sublingually and then swallowed). The first alkaloid seems to peek after 60-90 minutes, and there was some facial twitching present, and it did produce visual effects, a sort of waving of the visual field, lots of tingling sensations and some numbing effects. Nothing beyond that though. It feels similar to harmaline. The second alkaloid present in the mix peaks after about 3 hours or so, feels similar to mescaline, with that typical phenethylamine feel to it, but only lasts about 4-5 hours. It’s nice but SWIM never got any true psychedelic effects from it, just a pleasant stimulation with some euphoria. Maybe at high dose it becomes psychedelic.

SWIM has NO IDEA how much of these two alkaloids he’s ingested because he doesn’t know how pure these 75 mg of impurities were after removing them from the mescaline. He also doesn’t know the ratio of the first harmaline like alkaloid to the second phenethylamine like alkaloid. One thing is for sure, the harmaline like alkaloid has MAOI activity and the phenethylamine like alkaloid doesn’t.

burnt
#119 Posted : 11/14/2009 10:50:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM has analyzed the alkaloids in peyote before. SWIM can check notes if people want to try and interpret the mass spectra?

Seven
#120 Posted : 1/11/2010 3:40:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Swim needs to dry some fresh san p. Whats a good way to dry it? Should swim cut into stars or strips, and dry in the oven at 150? Any help or tips is appreciated.

«PREV45678NEXT»