We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
First DMT extraction / Phragmites Options

WSaged
#21 Posted : 11/16/2009 8:13:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

damon wrote:
WSaged wrote:

This is totally incorrect!! And the opposite is true!
WS

Actually, wombat was talking about using the limonene for defatting the acid solution. Would that work? I haven't tried it for defatting, but it is a very good solvent.

That makes a bit more sense.

I assume it would work, although I've not heard of anyone doing it that way.

Using the D-Limo/FASW tek does work well for extracting "jungle spice".
Although defatting in that tek is not usually necessary, because you are salting the DMT & pulling it out of the D-Limo with water acidified using Fumaric Acid.
So all the crap is left in the Limo...theoretically...

In use though, plenty of garbage comes along for the ride into the FASW.
Especially if you are not taking the time to filter & clean everything a few times where needed. (like getting rid of the excess Fumaric Acid)
You also then have to freebase the DMT-Fumarate & make it smokeable.
Plus wash it with Acetone (for jungle spice), or Naptha (for pure DMT), filter it a number of times and/or freeze precipitate it, to get rid of the excess Sodium Carbonate, or what ever you used to basify it.

Better to have more solvent than you think you'll be using, no matter which one you going to use.
Rather than getting just enough to follow the numbers in one "recipe". That's just asking to run out half way through.

WS
All posts are fictional short stories depicting the adventures of WSaged!! None of these events have actually happened and any resemblance to any real persons or incidents is totally coincidence!!!!!!!!!!!!

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

omega-scar
#22 Posted : 11/17/2009 9:13:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi again people. This is just to inform you that SWIM completed the procedures, and the result was failure. SWIM did not get any DMT crystals at all. Anyhows, this is a short history of the account.

Plant material was Phragmites Australis roots.
Tek used: Marsofold's (+defatting , as sugested on the site)

. ~400 gr roots cleaned, chopped and grinded
. solution of ~3200 ml tap water with ~600 ml 9% white vinegar was prepared
. plant material was boiled 3 times (50% of solution first, then 25%, 25%) and resulting "juice" collected through strainer

three days later:
. "juice" was mixed with ~300 ml solvent (containing toluene and xylene) and then "shaken hard"
this created a thick layer of what SWIM understood is emulsion

two days later:
.some rock salt added to the jar, slowly stirred and then jar heated reducing the emulsion considerably
.the top layer , which now looked more clear (like the solvent) but still with some 'foam' was sucked up with a syringe and discarded
.the defating step was repeated two more times, at about 15 min intervals, only this time gently mixed with a wooden spoon and not shaken hard
.six Tablespoons of caustic soda granules (drain pipe cleaner) were premixed with ~400 ml water and added to the jar (actually 4 Tbls's initially and then decided to make some more with another 2 Tbls, because the juice in the jar "did not turn black"Pleased.
this resulted in some darkening of the light yellow solution from the jar, but it was certainly not black but rther a somewhat brown color. SWIM atributed this to the using of different plant material and not a too low pH, altough he did not have a pH meter.
.~250 ml naphta (Zippo lighter fluid) was added into the jar then gently stirred
.everything was stirred gently, let ~3 hours and then the clear layer was sucked with a syringe and put into a pint mason jar
.pint mason jar with resulting solution stayed 3 days in a freezer (that freezez ice cream hard Razz , so this was certainly not the problem)
.the jar was then shaken and the solution was quickly poured over a funnel into which a filter cofee paper was put.
.after all the solution was strained, the filter did not contain any DMT crystals at all

...will try to post some pics of the process soon

biopsylo
#23 Posted : 11/17/2009 11:10:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

how much acidic water was the 6 tablespoons caustic/400ml water solution added to?
just trying to figure out your ph before solvent was added. it needs to get up past 10ish to 11 to get most of the alks.
dont throw out the jar!
ph papers are easy to come by. is zippo fluid naptha? i know ronsonol is.
when you dug up the p. australis, did you get to the end of the rhizomes?
I have been wanting and putting off trying this all summer, as i have not found confirmation either way for alkaloid content.
thanks for sharing your experience--dont give up yet.

omega-scar
#24 Posted : 11/18/2009 8:01:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

biopsylo wrote:
how much acidic water was the 6 tablespoons caustic/400ml water solution added to?
just trying to figure out your ph before solvent was added. it needs to get up past 10ish to 11 to get most of the alks.
dont throw out the jar!
ph papers are easy to come by. is zippo fluid naptha? i know ronsonol is.
when you dug up the p. australis, did you get to the end of the rhizomes?
I have been wanting and putting off trying this all summer, as i have not found confirmation either way for alkaloid content.
thanks for sharing your experience--dont give up yet.

> (corrected!) There was between 3400 and 3500 ml (~3.5 liters) of acidic juice the 6 tablespoons of caustic soda was added to.
> SWIM did not throw out the jar and the stuff.
> SWIM think everybody around here says Zippo lighter flouid is naphta (altough not a good one) and some old teks even specify Zippo as a source for the naphta they require.
> SWIMS did not get to the end of ALL the rhizomes, but they definetly went as deep as possible.

PREV12