We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Grow lights for indoors cacti grow? Options

#21 Posted : 12/20/2016 12:45:33 PM

Psilosopher

Thanks for the great replies everyone, that was very helpful. Also thanks for all the pictures of your own setups Thumbs up
I will definitely go the greenhouse way, I had been thinking of setting one up anyway to grow some veggies of my own, so I might as well expand on that idea a bit to make room for some cacti.

I'll look a bit further into LED (ideally) or fluorescent light to raise seedlings (I've read fluorescent lights are also great for salvia, so I could maybe use it for both), then move them to the greenhouse once they have grown past the seedling stage.

I'm excited for the future Big grin
"The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion." - Albert Camus

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

entheogenic-gnosis
#22 Posted : 12/20/2016 7:06:00 PM
DMT-Nexus member

dreamer042 wrote:
For your current setup/footprint I think one of those 1000 watters is plenty. Just for winter tho, come spring/summer be sure to let those beauties get some sunshine. Thumbs up

Thank you again for all the advice, this was most helpful, and highly appreciated.

-eg

PREV12