We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Trainwrecks can happen with ayahuasca too... Options

starway6
#21 Posted : 12/4/2016 3:34:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Its obvious that too much of anything can be harmfull.. even coffie ..cigaretts... over eating ..the list goes on and on!

Just take a break.. you may want to try ..lucid dreaming..you can travel to the limits of the universe in a dream..and the nice thing is .. its imposible to overdose on a dream..Thumbs up

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

universecannon
#22 Posted : 12/4/2016 4:00:04 PM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

This is why knowing precisely how much you are taking is so vital, and why slowly upping amounts through the trip can help ease into it. Thorough preperation of your mind/body can also help avoid these.

Im sorry to hear you went through that. Ive had somewhat similar experiences on mushrooms and lsd

I think its sort of silly some people blame mimosa for this kind of thing. It may be rougher than viridis (cant say since i haven't tried chacruna), but this sort of trip has happened to many people on various psychedelics (and the OP on lsd)

But chaotic, more stimulating trips are one reason i recommend higher harmala content and less light...its more dreamy and less confusing for me personally.

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

Orion
#23 Posted : 12/5/2016 8:05:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Valmar wrote:
Doesn't Mimosa produce more unpleasant experiences, though? I've heard concerning stuff about Mimosa, in terms of nasty alkaloids and negative effects. If I'm incorrect, please enlighten me. Smile

The Mimosa might explain why you had a trainwreck of an experience.

And, I'm not having a go at you, but you do know that Syrian Rue and Mimosa are not actual Ayahuasca, but an analogue that doesn't produce the same effects as classic Ayahuasca, right?

You might do better with Caapi and Chacruna. The effects have been more beneficial for me than Syrian Rue and Confusa ever did for me. The feeling of the experience had a completely different vibe to it.

Chacruna and mimosa have a mostly clean alkaloid profile, the vast majority of which is just n,n-DMT. I don't know of anything nasty in mimosa that should radically alter the experience in negative way. Check here for more detail : https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=27724

I think the main culprit here is high dosage, with unexpectedly high levels of psychedelia. The drinker understood the dose was high, but nevertheless was hit with something stronger than expected:

AwesomeUsername wrote:
As I noticed the first effects I thought to myself that this brew is strong but I also thought it would stay at this level. As soon as I got up I was blinded by visuals, barely seeing my own hand in front of my eyes.

I can sympathize with you AwesomeUsername, sometimes you go deep, yet it ends up even deeper than you asked for. I've had similar experiences with pharmahuasca and mushrooms. I too went straight for the bed! Perhaps it's a good idea to be where one intends to stay when consuming high doses of psychs. Sounds bulletproof to me Laughing
Art Van D'lay wrote:
Smoalk. It. And. See.

Bancopuma
#24 Posted : 12/6/2016 6:34:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've experienced a major ass whooping/train wreck off ayahuasca (in the form of caapi & chacruna) at a Kaxinawa ceremony, yes ayahuasca and its various analogues are more than capable of causing train wrecks!

I'm glad you're ok. I hope you've learned a lesson with regard being much more cautious regarding dosing...this experience could have easily been avoided with a little more thought put into preparation. These are incredibly powerful substances we're dealing with, I think it makes sense to titrate one's dose up gradually, rather than diving head first into the deep end, with the described results as a potentiality. As you mention, being reckless here could have wider implications on the aya community as well, so these concerns can extend beyond one's self.

Stay safe.

chocobeastie
#25 Posted : 12/7/2016 9:42:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I would say you are a troll, if I believed that people would even bother to troll this forum.

Which country do you live in: Jordan?

WTF? you drank 200ml, which was 40 grams of mimosa and you didn't even really know how much you drunk?

That is in all liklihood 400mg of DMT. At that dose, you NEED to prepare for some serious crazy shit to go down, so you should have a sitter and be somewhere where you will not disturb other people.

THEN, it will be safe, however, some craziness and losing control can happen.

Your experience would have been safe if you had a sitter and the neighbours did not get involved taking you to the hospital.

Anything above 300mg of DMT is just too crazy, fast and out of control.

friken
#26 Posted : 12/9/2016 3:53:53 AM

I have gazed into the eyes of insanity and returned the smile

chocobeastie wrote:

That is in all liklihood 400mg of DMT. At that dose, you NEED to prepare for some serious crazy shit to go down

For sure!

I seem to be experiencing reverse tolerance over time (years) w DMT. When I first started playing w vaped DMT years ago, I would need 30-40mg to get a solid launch (assuming all vaped in 1-2 lungs from a gvg). Now 30-40mg launch me past where I enjoy the ride... around where 100-120mg used to. I have to be careful... my new 'fun' enjoyable (meaning I can remember it and not going through it w continuous mental WTF WTF WTF) is 20-25mg.... 400mg!?!?!?!?!? Oh boy.... My first aya experience was 10g mimosa 4g rue and that is further than I care to repeat. I spent dozens of lifetimes ego-less floating in a void of absolutely nothing. Getting back, I wasn't even sure I came back to the right human or the right point within this human's linear lifetime. It took months to process what the hell that journey was about.

I'm glad you are ok. Stating the obvious that I'm sure you learned the hard way now -- mind the dosage Smile

mexico-magico
#27 Posted : 12/9/2016 8:16:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
The only reason why I did them as many as I did is because I don't use any other psychoactives. Not even the common caffeine and nicotine, let alone stuff like alcohol, cannabis and other drugs.

Well as you may have realized that is not a warranty.
Being a 25nbome OD survivor (severe serotoninergic syndrome with fever and cardiac arrest trip to hospital, not to mention 6 months under anti-psychotics due to persistant hallucinations) I can relate perfectly to a traumatic hell ride with psychedelics. Hope you can get over this fully recovered without secueles.
Quote:
Keep in mind any form of DMT is not a childs play, which you already experienced but I sincerely believe you could get way much out of ayahuasca and it might just be what you are looking for.
Smile

Ometecuhtli
Omecihuatzin
Tlazocamatli
Ometeotl
Tepezcohuitl Hueypatli moyolotatzin

AwesomeUsername
#28 Posted : 12/11/2016 1:14:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

chocobeastie wrote:
I would say you are a troll, if I believed that people would even bother to troll this forum.

Which country do you live in: Jordan?

WTF? you drank 200ml, which was 40 grams of mimosa and you didn't even really know how much you drunk?

That is in all liklihood 400mg of DMT. At that dose, you NEED to prepare for some serious crazy shit to go down, so you should have a sitter and be somewhere where you will not disturb other people.

THEN, it will be safe, however, some craziness and losing control can happen.

Your experience would have been safe if you had a sitter and the neighbours did not get involved taking you to the hospital.

Anything above 300mg of DMT is just too crazy, fast and out of control.

Not a troll, and you misread a part I wrote about the dosage. It stated that I originally obtained 200 grams of mimosa and 100 grams of rue seeds.

When I was about halfway though I threw it all together in a pot and cooked a liter of ayahuasca. I can't say for sure how much was used but it was somewhere 120g of mimosa and about 30 grams of rue seeds. I'm amazed that my rue was potent enough to activate the DMT.

My mimosa is incredibly potent too, 5 grams with proper mao inhibition of this stuff was enough for an ego death experience with open eye entities so I'm assuming this could have been in the 300mg range.

At the peak of the experience which for the most part I don't remember was definitely disconnected with everything earthly going outside of me. I could not perceive people, objects, lights, darkness it was all just hyperspace until I started to come down after a significant amount of time.

My assumption was that after drinking loads of ayahuasca in the past, and having done huge doses of acid too without trainwreck experiences (except the one) I got a bit cocky and just started drinking this stuff because I thought "I can handle it".

Just having some more waiting time would also probably prevented this from happening. I wrote this report as a word of warning to others that even with loads of experience this can happen to anyone. Don't fall into the trap of thinking "this can't happen to me" or "if it happened on acid, it won't on ayahuasca" or anything similar to this way of thinking.

Set and setting was also off, but I seriously thought doing such a thing at home at night should be perfectly safe what ever goes around in my head because I have anything I need close by. Apparently not...

FiniteFox
#29 Posted : 2/25/2017 2:30:28 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Glad you're okay to live and fight and trip another day. But as has been said before, preparation and attention can save your life and sanity. I think a lot of people will want to still lecture you about measuring, getting trip sitters, etc. That's still true, but on a paralell line of thinking, remember you also don't have to dose all at once. You can split up dosages and ROAs to slide into sweet spots. You don't have to take unsafe jumps off cliffs - you can ease into the void and beyond.

Stay safe friend.

FF

JustAnotherHuman
#30 Posted : 2/25/2017 9:49:53 AM

You create your own reality

Just read through this thread, wanted to share my thoughts.

First of all, AU, I'm very sorry to hear what happened to you and I'm glad to hear you had no lasting negative effects from this trainwreck experience. I have read a lot of these kind of trip reports, and reading them always makes me sad.

From what I read, it seems like all your troubles could have been negated by having a trip sitter. The sitter could have told your neighbours that you're fine and that there's no need to call the authorities.

Of course, you could have been moar careful with dosage, as has been already stated.

It sucks that hospital staff still don't know how to deal with people tripping. Excessive restraint, tranquilising, catheters, involving law enforcement etc. When calm reassurance is usually the best treatment. Of course, if someone is actually experiencing physical distress, that's a different story.

Anyway, just my two cents.Very happy

JustAnotherHuman is a fictional character. Everything said by this character should be regarded as completely fabricated.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."-Benjamin Franklin.

PREV12