We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Are low doses of shrooms enjoyable? Options

TGO
#21 Posted : 12/2/2016 5:44:36 PM

Music is alive and in your soul. It can move you. It can carry you. It can make you cry! Make you laugh. Most importantly, it makes you feel! What is more important than that?

Welcoming committee

I like to eat a gram and then go walking through the nature trails here in my city. Low doses are enjoyable, IMO, it just depends on what you are trying to do. As others have stated, set and setting is very important. A gram in your living room may be underwhelming, but a gram outdoors in nature is breathtaking.

Smile
New to The Nexus? Check These Out:

One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

entheogenic-gnosis
#22 Posted : 12/2/2016 8:04:29 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Speaking of low doses of psilocybin or LSD being enjoyable, just as my last post demonstrated they can also increase efficiency in work, they can improve mood and attitude, and have a number of potential.medicinal.and therapeutic benefits...
Quote:

http://www.maps.org/news...micro-dosing-lsd-at-work
Marie Claire: Why Power Women Are Micro-Dosing LSD at Work
Summary: Marie Claire publishes a collection of interviews about how microdosing LSD or psilocybin can affect depression, anxiety, productivity, and creativity. “It gives you fresh eyes,” explains data scientist Karen Smith. “It made me really productive in a motivated way. Whatever mental block that was stopping me from doing something would disappear.”

Which again, I'm reminded of the results of the research outlined below:
Quote:

https://www.anoniem.org/...nding_cognitive_studies/
...This is most clearly illustrated by "Psychedelic Agents in Creative Problem Solving: A Pilot Study," by Willis Harman, a professor of engineering economic systems, and a team of researchers at Stanford Research Institute. Working with twenty-seven men who were "engaged in various professional occupations, i.e., engineers, physicists, mathematicians, architects, a furniture designer, and a commercial artist and had a total of 44 professional problems they wanted to work on," the Stanford Research Institute team divided them into groups of three or four and gave them 200 milligrams of mescaline, followed by a quiet period of listening to music. Then they had snacks and discussed their problems with their group. Following this they spent three or four hours working alone on their problems. As a result of psychedelic enhancement, the practical results were impressive.

Ok, I'll try not to take up too much space in this thread and stop here.

-eg

nexalizer
#23 Posted : 12/2/2016 8:25:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes.
This is the time to really find out who you are and enjoy every moment you have. Take advantage of it.

downwardsfromzero
#24 Posted : 12/4/2016 11:22:11 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

I had five tiny liberty caps a couple of weeks ago, about 18 hours after taking 1 mL of 1:3 nutmeg tincture and the euphoria was absolutely delicious Drool The visuals were also like scintillating jewels and shimmering gold and silver. It was more than infinitely nicer than my ovoid overdose of a couple or three years ago, where I would rather have been repeatedly crucified.

The low dose also had the advantage of not taking absolutely forever to wear off, and I could keep the same underpants on. Big grin

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

fathomlessness
#25 Posted : 1/18/2017 3:28:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Infectedstyle wrote:
Those from Holland are all energizing (except maybe hollandia strain, those suck) and feel sublime in low quantities. Do mind, they can turn slightly more intense, say, when your feeling a little mystical a weird thought may just push you over the edge into full tripping. That happened to me once.

What was the thought that put you in to a deep trip? How much did you take? How much harder did you start tripping? Noticeably visually?

fathomlessness
#26 Posted : 1/18/2017 3:31:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

PsyDuckmonkey wrote:
We might be suffering from an incomplete definition of "low doses". If we define "low doses" as "not heroic" doses, then of course they are enjoyable. I rarely drop "heroic" (more like "idiotic" ) doses of anything.

My experience with the mushroom dose continuum (rough dosages based on my own, rather low tolerance and dried cubensis of the somewhat stronger kind):

0..0.1g - No perceptible effect. Potential microdosing territory.
0.1..0.75g - Inbetween limbo state. Feelings of being energized, focused attention, a feeling of being lost, gripping anxiety, quick and often unpleasant emotional changes.
0.75..1.75g - Low recreational dose. Mild open eye visuals, sometimes vivid CEVs and vivid visuals in darkness. Shamanic mindset, a sense of spirit in non-sentient things. A sense of connection and emotional elevation.
1.75..3.5g - Trip dose. Heavy open eye visuals, full-on CEVs, loss of sense of location and dreamlike dissolution of self. Changed body perception. Photos and pictures may seem alive and 3 dimensional. A sense of deep interconnectedness, an emotional connection to souls far away in space and time, and a feeling of observing my human life from above, a perspective beyond location and beyond individual lifetimes.
3.5g..6g - Heavy dose. Reality is stripped away. Full distortion of body image. Potential ego death. Experiences of many-dimensional space.
6g.. - Heroic dose. Everything a heavy dose has and more (or in some sense less). I have only done it once, let's not talk about it right now. Very happy

If we mean the low recreational dose, then yes, it's a great place of creativity. The inbetween dose below that, however, is not something I'd ever intentionally aim for.

Why does the in between limbo state have sudden and unpleasant emotional changes but the higher states don't? I remember feeling this quick shift in emotions and it is reaaaalllly unpleasant, it usually occurred before the peak of the trip on the come up.

I heard microdosing anything over .5 is perceptible. Still I am curious to know whether that in between limbo state emotional rollercoaster is a common thing or not.

PREV12