We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
New hallucinogenic plant discovered: Zanthoxylum sp. rootbark usage among Brazilian quilombolas Options

downwardsfromzero
#21 Posted : 1/31/2017 8:06:40 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

entheogenic-gnosis wrote:
Chemical constituents and biological activities of the genus Zanthoxylum

http://www.academicjourn...32883_Negi%20et%20al.pdf

This PDF should answer your questions.

-eg

That's not the best phytochemistry article I've ever read... very general, no tabulations, nothing on concentrations of compounds. This may be accessible through the references but not all of us have free access to publications (unless you care to remind me of that method, I forget the name of the website).

Attached is an image of an interesting Zanthoxylum alkaloid - alfileramine - found in Z. punctatum of Puerto Rico, also known as "The Toothache Tree". Ref. Caolo, M.A.; Stermitz, F.R. Tetrahedron, 35 (1979), 1487 - 1492.

Quote:
A new alkaloid, named alfileramine, has been isolated from Zanthoxylum punctatum. It represents the first alkaloid which has a structure closely related to the tetrahydrocannabinols.

THC structure attached for comparison.
downwardsfromzero attached the following image(s):
Alfileramine.jpg (6kb) downloaded 192 time(s).
Alfileramine_THC_comparison.jpg (10kb) downloaded 180 time(s).

β€œThere is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

exquisitus
#22 Posted : 7/21/2017 5:23:10 AM
DMT-Nexus member

popular in china as spice, so chances are you would find it in your local chinatown.
my local chinatown imho is a joke compared to nyc chinatown 1/100 perhaps, yet i saw it today in several different packaging.
exquisitus attached the following image(s):
IMG_20170720_192631.jpg (1,761kb) downloaded 142 time(s).

werver
#23 Posted : 9/13/2017 9:59:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Are you sure this is Zanthoxylum and not Aralia spinosa? Because both have the same common name "toothache tree" but very different habitats and most likely different chemical properties.
...but it all looked so real! It's not just imagination! Here is why.

Psilociraptor
#24 Posted : 9/13/2017 1:26:37 PM
DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
entheogenic-gnosis wrote:
Chemical constituents and biological activities of the genus Zanthoxylum

http://www.academicjourn...32883_Negi%20et%20al.pdf

This PDF should answer your questions.

-eg

That's not the best phytochemistry article I've ever read... very general, no tabulations, nothing on concentrations of compounds. This may be accessible through the references but not all of us have free access to publications (unless you care to remind me of that method, I forget the name of the website).

Attached is an image of an interesting Zanthoxylum alkaloid - alfileramine - found in Z. punctatum of Puerto Rico, also known as "The Toothache Tree". Ref. Caolo, M.A.; Stermitz, F.R. Tetrahedron, 35 (1979), 1487 - 1492.

Quote:
A new alkaloid, named alfileramine, has been isolated from Zanthoxylum punctatum. It represents the first alkaloid which has a structure closely related to the tetrahydrocannabinols.

THC structure attached for comparison.

sci-hub.cc

you're welcome Big grin

downwardsfromzero
#25 Posted : 9/13/2017 10:23:48 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Quote:

sci-hub.cc

you're welcome Big grin

Thanks very much!

β€œThere is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Ulim
#26 Posted : 9/14/2017 12:22:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thumbs up I expected there to be more THC related compounds found in other plants.

PREV12