We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Yellow Amanita Muscaria / N.E. US Options

#21 Posted : 10/2/2016 1:02:11 AM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

Praxis. wrote:
Im in the NE and these have been popping up like mad recently. I was too scurred to try ingesting any, but I've been curious about the effects of amanitas so maybe I'll indulge with caution.

The timing of this thread is actually kind of funny. I've been spotting all sorts of cool fungi in the area, including these yellow amanitas, that never used to grow here. I've been meaning to ask if others have noticed anything similar? I've attributed it as an indicator of local climate change, as the summer and fall seasons are getting increasingly humid/wet each year.

The amanitas I found in our yard were growing near, but not under, a white pine. Most of the trees here are coniferous, but the majority of the "new" mushrooms I've been seeing are in close proximity to deciduous species.

Yeah, caution definitely. Peoples reactions id imagine are pretty variable, plus how variable the potency can be, alot of variables.

Yeah i've been looking every time I go hiking. There's been so many different types. Working on getting IDs for some, hopefully they come back edible.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

dragonrider
#22 Posted : 10/2/2016 1:40:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The red ones are the only muscaria's growing in the area where i live. I have experimented with them a couple of times.

There's very little information about the effects of this stuff, and the information that's there is often inconsistent. My experiences where realy different from what i had expected, based on what information i had.

I have never taken the massive, visionary doses that the siberian shamans take though.

The experiences i had Always started with a phase of what you could call stimulation. Somewhat simmilar to kratom. A phase of extraordinary mental clarity, but with a lightheaded sort of drunkenness at the same time. Gradually though, it would shift into a state of sedation, like when a heavy dose of kratom is taken, and also a genuinely psychedelic state.
Not on the same level as classic psychedelic's like LSD, mescaline or psilocin though.
I would say that it has more in common with salvia than with the classic hallucinogens.

My experiences with it wheren't realy spectacular. Visually, with eyes open, there was some morphing going on. Objects seemed to breathe a little. That sort of stuff.

#23 Posted : 10/2/2016 1:58:37 AM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

dragonrider wrote:
The red ones are the only muscaria's growing in the area where i live. I have experimented with them a couple of times.

There's very little information about the effects of this stuff, and the information that's there is often inconsistent. My experiences where realy different from what i had expected, based on what information i had.

I have never taken the massive, visionary doses that the siberian shamans take though.

The experiences i had Always started with a phase of what you could call stimulation. Somewhat simmilar to kratom. A phase of extraordinary mental clarity, but with a lightheaded sort of drunkenness at the same time. Gradually though, it would shift into a state of sedation, like when a heavy dose of kratom is taken, and also a genuinely psychedelic state.
Not on the same level as classic psychedelic's like LSD, mescaline or psilocin though.
I would say that it has more in common with salvia than with the classic hallucinogens.

My experiences with it wheren't realy spectacular. Visually, with eyes open, there was some morphing going on. Objects seemed to breathe a little. That sort of stuff.

With these, at a 1/4 dried cap, I noticed this slight stomach uneasiness, much less in the way of thoughts, and I definitely felt 'stimulation', no doubt there.

I don't plan to do too much with big dosages, just because of variability and whatnot. Im just going to mess around with small amounts during hikes in the winter.

From now on I think my main plans are just to prep them, cook n' eat them. The ones I made today were really yummy, nutty, and the butter really went good with its unique flavor.

BecometheOther
#24 Posted : 10/2/2016 8:17:36 AM

metamorhpasizer

Yes cooked they are super tasty edibles!
You have never been apart from me. You can never depart and never return, for we are continuous, indistinguishable. We are eternal forever

PREV12