We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
smoking 5meo-DMT with the GVG (technique & dosage) Options

some one
#21 Posted : 6/15/2017 1:40:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Late reply to this interesting discussion...

We eventually discovered that GVG is not the perfect tool for the job. Learning from how toad extract is administered in ceremonies, we decided to give the "glass crack pipe" a try. This resulted in very strong effects at 15 mg and was much easier to administer. Seems 5meo works much better in a crack pipe and worse in the GVG, the opposite of NN. Lessons learned.

some = one | here = some | there = one

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Aum_Shanti
#22 Posted : 6/15/2017 8:09:55 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Yes, I also think that convection heating is just not the right thing for 5-MeO-DMT. It just needs too much heat.
Conduction heating is IMHO the way to go, so for example a glass bubble (crack pipe).
But as I wrote in another thread: IMHO it has the disadvantage of being potentially dangerous if you do it alone, due to burning yourself. That's why I use a cup atomizer. Works very good so far for me, although I didn't yet do a full release with it...still looking to get the proper time (this is really much harder, than when I still was younger and didn't work...)
I claim not that this is the truth. As this is just what got manifested into my mind at the current position in time on this physical plane. So please feel not offended by anything I say.

some one
#23 Posted : 6/15/2017 10:58:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Looking forward reading about your atomizer experience, though I think its better not to do 5meo alone, no matter the smoking device.

Any explanation why higher temps reached by conduction work better than temps at which it vaporizes?

Aum_Shanti
#24 Posted : 6/16/2017 11:07:34 AM
DMT-Nexus member

AFAIK there's not really a BP for 5-MeO-DMT at normal pressure. So it is anyways just an evaporation taking place.

I don't use high temps on my atomizer. IMHO by conduction you simply can transfer more heat energy per time as by convection, as air has a terrible heat capacity.
I also think that evaporation works better if you heat the substance instead of just the air.
(e.g. heating water to like 80°C and drawing 20°C air above it, vs drawing 80°C air above 20°C water)
And additionally it is much more comfortable to inhale "cool air" than hot air...

That's why I think conduction works much better for this substance.
But this could well be an ill thought theory.
I claim not that this is the truth. As this is just what got manifested into my mind at the current position in time on this physical plane. So please feel not offended by anything I say.

some one
#25 Posted : 7/9/2018 12:49:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Good point, sounds logical.

PREV12