We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV123NEXT
Man Steals Soda While On DMT(?) Options

Anamnesia
#21 Posted : 10/8/2016 10:02:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This is unbelievable and yet it is.
I just cannot understand that kind of stupidity. I mean what the LANGUAGE! is wrong with the human race?
Wonder I often do why I ever bothered to incarnate as a human Confused
Genesis is Now, the Mind is Incarnate.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

entheogenic-gnosis
#22 Posted : 10/9/2016 1:42:07 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Anamnesia wrote:
This is unbelievable and yet it is.
I just cannot understand that kind of stupidity. I mean what the LANGUAGE! is wrong with the human race?
Wonder I often do why I ever bothered to incarnate as a human Confused

One theory is that You got scared in the bardo, and jumped into incarnation...

Quote:
The soul is still experiencing the frightening apparitions and sufferings of the third bardo, and he feels that he will do anything to escape from this condition. He will seek shelter in what appear to be caves or hiding-places, but which are actually the entrances to wombs. He is warned of this by the text of the Bardo Thodol, and urged not to enter them, but to meditate upon the Clear Light instead
http://www.near-death.co...an-book-of-the-dead.html

Incarnation is not simple business...

-eg

downwardsfromzero
#23 Posted : 10/10/2016 11:33:04 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Speaking of drug pushers, some of you will surely have seen a young baby after a breast feed. These innocent nippers are clearly completely off their tiny chops on opioid peptides from their evil dope-pushing mothers'/wet nurses' BOSOM! Stop the scourge on our helpless infants - lock up these irresponsiblr breastfeeding mothers now. |Weis doin it fo tha kidz rrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

hixidom
#24 Posted : 10/29/2016 5:36:46 PM
DMT-Nexus member

The problem is that someone on drugs can't be punished for stealing (or many other crimes) more than they would be punished for drug use, so that might make some people think that they have nothing more to lose by committing complementary crimes. Drug use is punished too much, and stealing is punished too little.
Every day I am thankful that I was introduced to psychedelic drugs.

entheogenic-gnosis
#25 Posted : 10/30/2016 11:41:29 AM
DMT-Nexus member

hixidom wrote:
The problem is that someone on drugs can't be punished for stealing (or many other crimes) more than they would be punished for drug use, so that might make some people think that they have nothing more to lose by committing complementary crimes. Drug use is punished too much, and stealing is punished too little.

Are you sure about this?

Often times being intoxicated can be an aggravating factor when your being charged with a crime, meaning you can actually can get in more trouble for committing crimes while intoxicated...

-eg

null24
#26 Posted : 10/30/2016 8:07:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

entheogenic-gnosis wrote:
hixidom wrote:

Are you sure about this?

Often times being intoxicated can be an aggravating factor when your being charged with a crime, meaning you can actually can get in more trouble for committing crimes while intoxicated...

-eg

How so? There was a guy going through the courts around recently using being on mushrooms as his nurse defense. But sure how that went for him.

Other than having something like a PCS, MCS, or DCS tacked on as extra charges, or something like public intoxication if intoxication was a contributing factor to a crime, which it often is.
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

entheogenic-gnosis
#27 Posted : 10/31/2016 12:30:56 PM
DMT-Nexus member

null24 wrote:
hixidom wrote:

Are you sure about this?

-eg

How so? There was a guy going through the courts around recently using being on mushrooms as his nurse defense. But sure how that went for him.

Other than having something like a PCS, MCS, or DCS tacked on as extra charges, or something like public intoxication if intoxication was a contributing factor to a crime, which it often is.

There is "California involuntary intoxication defense" and some other state laws...

Quote:
Many crimes are committed while a defendant is intoxicated. It is not uncommon to hear a defendant claim that he was "too drunk" and didn't know what he was doing. Many people believe that a defendant should pay the price for any wrongs done while intoxicated. The law doesn't look favorably upon defendants who commit crimes while intoxicated; but it can be a defense in certain situations. http://criminal.lawyers....fenses-intoxication.html

It seems it makes you actually look much worse, except in a few rare situations...

Quote:
Intoxication is not a defence to a crime as such, but where a person is intoxicated through drink or drugs and commits a crime, the level of intoxication may be such as to prevent the defendant forming the necessary mens rea of the crime. Public policy plays a strong factor in ascertaining whether the defendant's intoxication may be used by a defendant to negate the mens rea of a crime. It is obviously not in the public interest for criminals to escape liability simply by asserting they were so drunk they did not know what they were doing. This is often seen as an aggravating factor rather than a mitigating factor, particularly where the defendant put himself in that position.
http://e-lawresources.co.uk/Intoxication.php

-eg

AluminumFoilRobots
#28 Posted : 12/2/2016 6:13:41 PM

gufyg

Couldn't it have been an oral DMT preparation?
I mean, I've been fully capable of taking a walk around the block while on oral DMT. I don't know why he stole the soda, I would HATE going to jail on any psychedelic
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

Fairly responsible Kratom user.

"whenever he drank ayahuasca, he had such beautiful visions that he used to put his hands over his eyes for fear somebody might steal them."
in between the grinding-brakes of a train crash while aluminum-foil robots make obnoxious sex noises on a static-filled walkie-talkie radio.

entheogenic-gnosis
#29 Posted : 12/2/2016 6:30:44 PM
DMT-Nexus member

AluminumFoilRobots wrote:
Couldn't it have been an oral DMT preparation?
I mean, I've been fully capable of taking a walk around the block while on oral DMT. I don't know why he stole the soda, I would HATE going to jail on any psychedelic

Is the only evidence that it was actually DMT that was consumed the intoxicated individual(s) stating that DMT is what they consumed?

Did the hospital or jail preform blood work or preform any sort of test or analysis to confirm it was actually DMT that was consumed?

The article does not specify, and leaves me with many unanswered questions.

-eg

null24
#30 Posted : 12/3/2016 1:41:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Quote:
Did the hospital or jail preform blood work or preform any sort of test or analysis to confirm it was actually DMT that was consumed?

As far as I'm aware, and as always there's a high probability of me being mistaken, there is no (at least urine) test for the presence of tryptamine or ergoline metabolites. I thought that was the case for blood tests as well.

Do you know of any that will detect their presence, eg? I'm curious if so.

On another note, This is a thread that never seems to want to die. Wonder this guy knows he's a minor Nexus celebrity?
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

entheogenic-gnosis
#31 Posted : 12/3/2016 3:09:19 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Since DMT is an endogenous compound which is always in human blood and urine it seems testing would be quite difficult indeed, I mean what would they look for? Abnormally high levels of Indole-3-butyric acid?

Quote:
Laboratory tests have shown that GC/MS test for LSD in urine and
blood can be accurate down to 0.1 ng/ml. The cost for confirmation
of a positive screening test is approximately $50-60.

Quote:
It is possible to test for the presence of LSD in urine, but it is a difficult and expensive test to run and is quite uncommon. Unless there is a particular reason to be looking for it, as in the case of an autopsy...it is extremely unlikely that most people will ever run into this test. It is not one of the SAMHSA-5 standardly tested for in the basic drug test, nor is it included in the extended drug tests. It is not chemically similar to any of the drugs tested for, so should not trigger the tests as another substance.

An LSD metabolite created by the body called 2-oxo-3-hydroxy-LSD has a somewhat longer half-life than LSD itself and is one of the main metabolites used to test for LSD use. Although most LSD-specific tests only test positive for less than two days, the metabolite tests for 2-oxo-3-hydroxy-LSD are effective for 3-4 days after LSD ingestion.
https://erowid.org/chemicals/lsd/lsd_testing.shtml

Quote:
it is, however, technically possible to detect psilocybin and psilocin with a drug test and we have received reports of psilocybin testing during criminal probation and a school-related drug test. Because they are less standard, these tests are more expensive to give than the basic test. The more expensive and comprehensive drug tests are sometimes used in cases where there is specific reason to believe that psilocybin mushrooms use is an issue; for example, an individual who is on probation for mushroom use might be specifically tested for the presence of psilocybin in hir system. However, generally mushroom use does not cause an individual to test positive on most random drug tests given by an employer or school.

Once ingested, most of the psilocybin is converted into psilocin within the first hour. Most of the psilocin is then excreted within the first 8 hours...but portions remain in the system for several weeks. From Stafford's Psychedelics Encyclopedia:

"High dose studies of rats suggest that psilocin taken orally is distributed througout the body. Concentrations in tissues appear highest about half an hour after ingestion, decreasing rapidly over the next three to four hours. The adrenal glands of the test animals show the highest concentrations after the first hour, until then the kidneys have more. The small intestine, skin, bone marrow, lungs, stomach, and salivary glands also have significant concentrations-- greater, in fact, than those in the brain...

In the high dose study of rats, all but 6 pecent of the psilocybin was excreted within twenty-four hours. In humans, only 80-85% of psilocybin and its metabolites is excerted within 8 hours, in the urine (about 65%), bile and feces (15-20%). Some 15-20% olingers on, stored in fatty tissues; significant quantitites appear in urine up to a week later. A full 25% of the originally administered dose enters urine as psilocin. https://erowid.org/plant.../mushrooms_testing.shtml

Quote:
Additional Testables
In addition, there are a few other substances which it is possible but quite unusual to test for. I only found reference to testing for these additional substances at 1 (out of 15) drug testing sites :
LSD
Tryptamines (Psilocybin, AMT, DMT, DPT, 5-MeO-DiPT)
Phenethylamines (Mescaline, MDMA, MDA, MDE, 2C-B, 2C-T-7)
Inhalents (Toluene, Xylene, Benzene)
TEST TYPES
There are five primary types of drug tests: urine, blood, hair, saliva, and sweat. Most common is the urine test which has the benefit of being inexpensive and less intrusive than the blood test.

Urine Tests
Are the least expensive of the test methods (~$7-$50 for home version).
Are considered an intrusive method of testing.
Can be done at home (for example by parents) though require lab verification for accurate results.
Detect use primarily within the past week (longer with regular use).
Can be affected by abstaining from use for a period of time before the test.
Are often temperature tested to insure sample integrity.
Saliva Tests
Are a little more expensive than urine testing, but less than hair or blood. (~$15-$75).
Are considered a relatively unintrusive method of drug testing.
Are becoming more common.
Are easy to administer but require lab processing to ensure accuracy.
Detect use primarily within the past few days.
Can detect more recent use than other testing methods.
Have no nationally accepted standards or cutoff concentrations for detection, making results greatly dependent on the specific product purchased. This could also make results less-reliable and/or acceptable for legal cases.
More reliable for detection of Methamphetamine and Opiates, less reliable for THC or Cannabinoids (2004).
Hair Tests
Are currently several times more expensive than urine tests (~$100-$150).
Are considered a relatively unintrusive method of drug testing.
Detect substance use over a longer period (see detection period).
Do not usually detect use within the past week.
Require a sample of hair about the diameter of a pencil and 1.5 inches long. They can not be done with a single hair.
Test positive a little more than twice as often as a urine test. In a recent study, out of 1823 paired hair and urine samples, 57 urine samples tested positive for drugs of abuse; while 124 hair samples from the same group tested positive.
Are not significantly affected by brief periods of abstinence from drugs.
Can sometimes be used to determine when use occured and if it has been discontinued. Drugs, such as opiates (codeine, morphine, heroin) lay down on the hair shaft very tightly and are shown not to migrate along the shaft, thus, if a long segment of hair is available one can draw some "relative" conclusions about when the use occurred. However cocaine, although very easy to detect, is able to migrate along the shaft; making it very difficult to determine when the drug was used and for how long.
Claims to be able to reliably differentiate between opiate and poppy seed use.
We've heard that many hair tests now check for more than the SAMHSA-5, and include at least Cannabis, Ecstasy/MDMA, Cocaine, Opiates, Methamphetamine, Amphetamine, Phencyclidine (PCP), Benzodiazepines, & Barbiturates (2001).
Shampoos and "follicle cleansing" products do not reliably remove drug metabolites from hair.
Hair/follicle tests as of 2011 are able to detect use for months (sometimes more than a year) after use.
Blood Tests
Are the most expensive method of testing.
Are considered the most intrusive method of testing.
Are the most accurate method of testing.
Are the least common method of testing (most likely due to cost).
Sweat (Patch) Tests
Are considered a relatively intrusive method of drug testing because they require the wearing of a patch for an extended period of time.
Are still relatively uncommon.
Are controversial in terms of accuracy. There is some reason to believe that surface contamination (such as cannabis smoke) can cause a false reading.
Can detect use which would not trigger other tests. Because of the short detection period for many drugs in urine, single use of many drugs longer than a week prior to using the patch will not cause a positive urine test. Because the skin patches are gathering sweat over an extended period of time, it is possible that any use during that time will produce a positive result https://erowid.org/psych...ting/testing_info1.shtml

Quote:
2] What exact form of test can be used to detect LSD in the body?

There are a number of tests which can be used to detect LSD in the body.

Abuscreen, a product of Roche Diagnostic Systems, is a series of
RadioImmunoAssay (RIA) tests, one of which is used to detect LSD and
its metabolites in whole blood, serum (blood), urine and stomach contents [1].
RIA can in theory be used to detect quantities as small as 0.020 nanograms (ng)
per milliliter (ml) of sample [2]. Laboratory tests have shown that RIA
results are accurate down to at least 0.1 ng/ml [3]. The manufacturer
recommends limiting the cutoff to 0.5 ng/ml.

EMIT, a product of Syva Corporation, is another series of tests, one of
which can be used to detect LSD and its metabolites in serum and urine.
EMIT stands for Enzyme Multiplied Immunoassay Technique.

Both EMIT and Abuscreen are "positive/negative" response tests (much like
pregnancy tests) which require periodic equipment calibration and consume
chemicals for each test performed. A basic battery of tests costs approx.
$15-$25 per person [4]. The basic tests (recommended by NIDA) include
marijuana, cocaine, amphetamines, opiates, and phencyclidine (PCP).
Normally, unless an (employer) specifically requests the test, an LSD
assay is not run.

Both Roche and Syva recommend confirmation of positive results by using
a different test. The usual method of confirming positive results is
some form of chromatography. These include High Performance Thin Layer
Chromatography (HPTLC)[3], and different forms of Gas Chromatography/Mass
Spectrometry (GC/MS)[5][6][7][8][9]. HPTLC and GC/MS can be used to give
quantitative results as opposed to the Boolean results from EMIT or Abuscreen.
Laboratory tests have shown that GC/MS test for LSD in urine[6] and
blood[7] can be accurate down to 0.1 ng/ml. The cost for confirmation
of a positive screening test is approximately $50-60.

Positive results to either EMIT and RIA are held to be "probable cause"
by U.S. courts. GC/MS results are held to be "proof" by U.S. courts
http://thethirdwave.co/blog/lsddrugtests

Quote:
2.3: Gas Chromatography:

Gas chromatography uses a separation technique to divide the urine extracts into the component parts. An inert gas carries the urine through chromatographic columns, and the samples are separated by their boiling temperature and by their affinity for the column. Compounds are identified by separation time, called retention time. The retention time is unique and reproducible for each drug in a given chromotographic column.
2.6 Gas Chromatography / Mass Spectrometry: Defined by Thein and Landry:

The most precise procedure for detection of banned substances is a combination of GC and MS. Gas chromatography/mass spectrometry is a two-step process, where GC separates the sample into its constituent parts, while MS provides the exact molecular identification of the compounds. Compounds are separated by GC and are then introduced, one at a time, into a mass spectrometer. As the sample constituents enter the MS, they are bombarded by electrons, which cause the compound to break up into molecular fragments. The fragmentation pattern is reproducible and characteristic, and is considered the "molecular-fingerprint" of a specific compound. Gas chromatography/mass spectrometry is considered to be the most definitive method for confirming the presence of a drug in the urine and is approximately 100 to 1,000 times more sensitive than TLC. Selective ion monitoring has been used to improve the GC/MS results. This procedure is the most costly, averaging approximately $200 per sample to test.
The GC/MS is typically used to confirm "positive" EMIT test results. GC/MS will indicate precisely what chemical is present. This is necessary because the EMIT will only indicate whether something similar to what's being tested was found. The GC/MS is difficult and more costly, which is why the EMIT is given first. (Hewlett Packard produces the GC/MS equipment, including computer, for about $50-75k depending on options.) Abstinence and substitution are the only ways to defeat the GC/MS test. GC/MS is very precise when done right. However, it's still subject to human error. For example, if the equipment isn't cleaned well, the previous test sample could get mixed with the next sample. According to Dr. Edward Cone, the GC/MS is 99 percent accurate; not very accurate on a large scale when you realize that 10 thousand out of every million will get false results. (more on accuracy in section 3). https://erowid.org/psych...ting/testing_faq.shtml#2

Quote:
since DMT is an endogenous neurotransmitter produced by L-tryptophan in the pineal gland, it is technically always present within your system. Most individuals though are wondering how long exogenously ingested DMT will remain in systemic circulation after administration. The elimination half-life of exogenous DMT isn’t fully elucidated in humans, and may be contingent upon a number of factors including the specifics of a concomitantly administered MAOI.

If you were to take DMT without a concomitant MAOI, you’d end up rapidly metabolizing it via monoamine oxidase “A” enzymes. Erowid reports that the average elimination half-life of DMT is approximately 15 minutes in humans. This indicates that 50% of an exogenously ingested DMT dose will have been cleared from the plasma in around 15 minutes.

Complete plasma clearance of DMT will therefore take around 1 hour 23 minutes. Assuming that the 15 minute half-life applies to you, you could expect to excrete the drug fully (in the form of metabolites) within 2 hours of your dose. Other factors such as the specific DMT you took (source, dosage, etc.) and route of administration may affect plasma clearance. In other words, the drug will linger in your body for about an hour after your psychedelic experience ends.

Source: https://www.erowid.org/c...s/dmt/dmt_journal1.shtml
http://mentalhealthdaily...stem-dimethyltryptamine/

-eg

entheogenic-gnosis
#32 Posted : 12/3/2016 3:19:15 PM
DMT-Nexus member

The last quote I posted had some factual errors:

It has not been confirmed that DMT is produced in the pineal gland. Though It has been found in the pineal gland of live lab rodents ( https://www.cottonwoodre...rch.org/dmt-pineal-2013/ )

-eg

downwardsfromzero
#33 Posted : 12/4/2016 6:36:31 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Since DMT is an endogenous compound which is always in human blood and urine it seems testing would be quite difficult indeed, I mean what would they look for? Abnormally high levels of Indole-3-butyric acid?

[...]
-eg

That would suggest abuse of some kind of 'plant food' - or at least rooting hormone Big grin

Indole acetic acid would be a tougher call.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."

entheogenic-gnosis
#34 Posted : 12/5/2016 1:39:14 PM
DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:

[...]
-eg

That would suggest abuse of some kind of 'plant food' - or at least rooting hormone Big grin

Darn auxins...I always get IAA and IBA mixed up...

indole-3-acetic acid is also a root growth hormone...

but thanks for catching the mistake.

-eg

entheogenic-gnosis
#35 Posted : 12/5/2016 1:42:52 PM
DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:

[...]
-eg

Darn auxins...I always get IAA and IBA mixed up...

indole-3-acetic acid is also a root growth hormone...

but thanks for catching the mistake.

-eg

When you say "abusing plant food" I had something like this in mind:

-eg

entheogenic-gnosis
#36 Posted : 12/7/2016 2:21:12 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I removed the DMT from IAA work-up.

-eg

downwardsfromzero
#37 Posted : 12/8/2016 8:21:15 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

I deleted the quoting of your quote of the IAA to DMT synthesis Very happy

entheogenic-gnosis
#38 Posted : 12/9/2016 1:42:49 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for catching that. My bad.

-eg

downwardsfromzero
#39 Posted : 12/10/2016 9:24:53 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

I fancy a soda, gotta smoke me some deems before the store closes (or would it be better to teleport in while nobody's around later?)

Infinite I
#40 Posted : 1/10/2017 3:14:45 PM

JC

benzyme wrote:
I've had AMT, and it wasn't particularly disorienting; just felt 'geeked-out'.
can't speak on DALT, never tried it.

probably easier to find DALT, AMT, not so much.

I've also had AMT. I really liked it just lasted far too long, was stimulating like cactus/mescaline but with tryptamine visuals. The come up was pretty rough though, real bad nausea every time.

I could easily have went out and stole cans of soda on AMT if that was my thing.

DMT leads to petty theft is hilarious, the connections they make and the education they clearly lack is pretty shocking. It would be so easy to educate police on drugs but they don't, as someone mentioend hes probably just googled it. Same with doctors they really don't know much about recreational drugs and the different kinds you get its weird why they don't...

PREV123NEXT